shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#513898 - 07/12/05 09:30 AM Re: 05 OR....rear end bottoming is now GONE! ******updated 1/4/06 with flex pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think I got tired of waiting for Nissan to fix it, do I fixed it myself. Its only $150, big deal if you do lose it.

#513899 - 17/12/05 09:50 AM Re: 05 OR....rear end bottoming is now GONE! ******updated 1/4/06 with flex pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

Any updates or flex pictures? I'm thinking about ordering some for my '05 OR with 33's

#513900 - 17/12/05 10:38 AM Re: 05 OR....rear end bottoming is now GONE! ******updated 1/4/06 with flex pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

What do you want an update on? Kinda hard to get anywhere to flex right now with all the snow here.

#513901 - 17/12/05 10:40 AM Re: 05 OR....rear end bottoming is now GONE! ******updated 1/4/06 with flex pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have ordered mine and it should be here next week. Once it is on I will test it and put up some PICs. The truth is I think this will make it worse for those who want 33s on their X’s. It will allow the vehicle to sink lower. You are replacing the hard stop with a more soft / progressive stop. Currently, once you hit he body stop you stop. With this you will hit it a little sooner. It will give you resistance sooner and progressively add resistance until it reaches it’s limit. It will let you go farther before becoming a hard stop. My going further with a bigger tire I think you will rub more. It will ride nicer.

#513902 - 17/12/05 11:14 AM Re: 05 OR....rear end bottoming is now GONE! ******updated 1/4/06 with flex pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

You could always use a small stack of washers and space the mount away from the frame a little bit if you're too concerned with too much travel.

#513903 - 21/12/05 02:07 PM Re: 05 OR....rear end bottoming is now GONE! ******updated 1/4/06 with flex pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

Knaffie. YOU ROCK. 5 trucks for you and your solution. I have only had it on for 2 hours but it has made a world of difference. I just can’t believe that such a simple solution has mad such a big difference. I will post more once I get it off road.

#513904 - 21/12/05 07:19 PM Re: 05 OR....rear end bottoming is now GONE! ******updated 1/4/06 with flex pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

Newbie here... Just have a few questions regarding the bottoming out. I too like to travel to Baja California with a full load of people and fishing gear and sure in heck don't want to be dragging my rear in and out of every pothole. This rubber spring system seems to be a cheap and easy fix, but I am wondering about air lift systems such as these at "Performance Center.com" Link> http://www.performancecenter.com/products/searchtype_d/sortorder_DAA/productcategory_Air+Suspension+Systems/category_Suspension+~~+Chassis/sf1_NISSAN/sf2_2005/sf3_XTERRA/sf4_Univer sal+Fit/partnumber_BEL5097/

Anyone have anything on the way to go on this?

#513905 - 22/12/05 09:23 AM Re: 05 OR....rear end bottoming is now GONE! ******updated 1/4/06 with flex pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

If I do change to my X, will it void any of my warranty?

#513906 - 22/12/05 09:28 AM Re: 05 OR....rear end bottoming is now GONE! ******updated 1/4/06 with flex pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

AZN8iveX - Where did you get yours and how much $$$.

I've found the JRC01 kit for $154.95 and am thinking of investing. My folks arrive from the UK in 3 weeks and we'll be doing some lengthy roadtrips, not much fun with the X bottoming out ever stone we drive over.

#513907 - 22/12/05 09:56 AM Re: 05 OR....rear end bottoming is now GONE! ******updated 1/4/06 with flex pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

I paid $154.99 no tax no shipping. I talked with local dealers of the product they have to order the product from the manufacture. Nobody I found had it in stock. By not buying it locally you do save sales tax. I got it from...
http://www.albanyspring.com
Albany Spring
408 North Pearl Street
Albany, NY 12207
United States
Phone: (518) 465-1123
Fax: (518) 465-5426
Toll-Free: 1(800) 352-8470

They were great. I had the product in 5 days. It only took me 30 minutes to do the install. If you need any help at all I have everything you will need. A 14 mm socket, A 14 mm wrench and A 3 ton floor jack. The replacement stop is so long that you need to lift the back a couple inches to fit it in. I would be willing to loan the tools if you need or if you come over to my place we can just do it. I think it a great idea. I am very happy with mine and plan to off road it this weekend as a test.

#513908 - 22/12/05 10:44 AM Re: 05 OR....rear end bottoming is now GONE! ******updated 1/4/06 with flex pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

ordered... local truck spring place carries Timbren.

There is no distributor listed in San Diego Co., but PTO sales in Escondido has a parent company in L.A. a few phone calls yielded this info.

$160 with tax. will pick up as soon as i get back. I'll probably bottom out somewhere on my holiday trip and cuss myself for not ordering this a week ago.

#513909 - 23/12/05 04:54 PM Re: 05 OR....rear end bottoming is now GONE! ******updated 1/4/06 with flex pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

So hey.... Is the package complete now with the right mounting hardware? Or do you still have to weld a piece to hold the thing onto the frame?

#513910 - 02/01/06 08:42 AM Re: 05 OR....rear end bottoming is now GONE! ******updated 1/4/06 with flex pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

Timbren lists the Xterra 05-06 as needing the
JRC01 for the rear suspension.

Since the .pdf for it is 404, does it require making your own bracket or is that only for the TORTUN4?

#513911 - 02/01/06 08:51 AM Re: 05 OR....rear end bottoming is now GONE! ******updated 1/4/06 with flex pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't know, I will let you know if it is in today. I just got back in from a trip..I'll have to see if the distributor has it (and even if they are open today).

my impression is that it comes with the metal as shown in the earlier phote, but new holes may need to be drilled.

#513912 - 02/01/06 09:57 AM Re: 05 OR....rear end bottoming is now GONE! ******updated 1/4/06 with flex pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

TORTUN4 is what they listed last year, and is wrong, and is what I had to make brackets for. The JRC is supposed to be bolt on, but I have not personally verified it.

#513913 - 02/01/06 01:00 PM Re: 05 OR....rear end bottoming is now GONE! ******updated 1/4/06 with flex pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

Judging by the way folks are describing the install on the JRC, I'm assuming a 30 minute install does not require any Drilling or Fabrication. Sounds like just bolt on to me.

Would be buying this real soon, but now the new lift option is available, other than Daystar. I think the next mod might be the lift, which would should remove the need for this.

#513914 - 02/01/06 05:12 PM Re: 05 OR....rear end bottoming is now GONE! ******updated 1/4/06 with flex pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'd like to comment on this.

I bought the JRC01 kit for my Xterra, based on recommendations from those who have done it so far. It seemed like a really good idea--but I don't think the JRC01 kit is the right one. I will be discussing it with Timbren when they open tomorrow.

First impressions:

[ThumbsDown] Bottoming out IS gone, but only because the axle is resting fully on the Timbren SES unit. I unbolted the factory bumpstop, mounted the rubber spring to the Timbren bracket (supplied), and bolted assembly on. It is a very easy install but I believe for it to work as intended, the whole assembly should be 1" to 1 1/2" shorter.

Anyhow, because the axle is resting on the SES kit, the ride is now more bouncy and harsh. I must say I am dissapointed. For those of you who have not ordered yet, I would reccomend waiting for Timbren to release a kit specifically for the 05-06 Xterra--or at least come up with a better alternative than the JRC01.

Will

#513915 - 02/01/06 05:16 PM Re: 05 OR....rear end bottoming is now GONE! ******updated 1/4/06 with flex pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

They told me when I was making my brackets, the bottom of the rubber spring needed to be 3/4" - 1" from the axle. I can imagine if its already sitting right on the axle, it would ride a little rough.

Its not that hard to design and fab up the mounts.....Timbren just needs to step up and do it instead of taking an old kit off the shelf!

#513916 - 02/01/06 05:19 PM Re: 05 OR....rear end bottoming is now GONE! ******updated 1/4/06 with flex pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

willahlborn, you should probably send them a picture of your setup. Hopefully they will see a problem and make a real kit for the Xterra.

Why not also post a picture?

#513917 - 02/01/06 05:19 PM Re: 05 OR....rear end bottoming is now GONE! ******updated 1/4/06 with flex pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Ed_Monster:
If I do change to my X, will it void any of my warranty?
Altering your suspension will void your warranty (technically) for suspension components. But I really don't see how this modification could possibly cause any damage to the rest of your suspension--So, keep your stock bumpstops and switch them back if you ever need warranty service on your X.

Note: I would not recommend this if the part in question were, say, a turbocharger. Or any other part that would INCREASE wear on your X. I am not in favor of leaning on warrantys to get a free lunch. [Wave]

#513918 - 02/01/06 05:49 PM Re: 05 OR....rear end bottoming is now GONE! ******updated 1/4/06 with flex pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Chronos:
willahlborn, you should probably send them a picture of your setup. Hopefully they will see a problem and make a real kit for the Xterra.

Why not also post a picture?
You got it! Here's a picture:

This is the JRC01 mounted on my 05 Xterra Off Road. As you can see, the JRC01 kit is much taller than the solution Knaffie came up with. The kit meant for the Toyota has a shorter rubber spring, and the bracket he made himself also appears to be shorter than the one included in the JRC01 kit.

Knaffie, how about you sell Timbren your design and pocket some cash so the rest of us can order a solution that works? laugh

#513919 - 02/01/06 05:56 PM Re: 05 OR....rear end bottoming is now GONE! ******updated 1/4/06 with flex pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

So you are saying you don't like how it works? looks like one could shorten the mounting pad pretty easily on that one. I get mine this week.
It's gonna get shortened unless you tell me it works ok as is.

#513920 - 02/01/06 08:12 PM Re: 05 OR....rear end bottoming is now GONE! ******updated 1/4/06 with flex pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

I installed mine 2 weeks ago. Yes it touches, but my goal was to out a 2.5 inch lift on real soon. So that will fix the issues for me. Even with the current install touching it still improves my ride. I will be off road this weekend for a serious drive and will report back..

#513921 - 02/01/06 10:11 PM Re: 05 OR....rear end bottoming is now GONE! ******updated 1/4/06 with flex pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah Mike... pretty much saying I don't like it. For it to work as Timbren specifies, it needs to be shorter. However, I don't think this can be accomplished by shortening the mount alone. I think a shorter rubber spring is required also. This is why I plan to ask Timbren for an exchange (based on the fact that they sold me a kit that doesn't fit).

#513922 - 03/01/06 09:40 AM Re: 05 OR....rear end bottoming is now GONE! ******updated 1/4/06 with flex pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

Good news, here's the response I got from Timbren:

Quote:
Will:

Thanks for sending the picture, (It is worth a thousand words)

I will send you shorter rubber springs to bolt to the bracket. It looks as
if it bolted up well.

Murray Biel
Customer Service Manager
Timbren Industries Inc.
Phone: 800-263-3113
905-683-5991
Fax: 905-683-0238
email: sales@timbren.com
web site: www.timbren.com

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

shrockworks xterraparts