shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#513923 - 03/01/06 09:47 AM Re: 05 OR....rear end bottoming is now GONE! ******updated 1/4/06 with flex pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

One of the biggest problems with mfg of parts for different vehicles. You need the vehicle to try it on. It almost sounds like they were going by either what someone told them and or the specs in the service manual. It sounds like they have good customer service and that is a rare thing these days. I bet they end up using that bracket and some other spring and come out with a new part number for the 05+ X. So if you are planning on buying, I would either wait, or call them.

#513924 - 03/01/06 09:55 AM Re: 05 OR....rear end bottoming is now GONE! ******updated 1/4/06 with flex pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

willahlborn, good thing the picture helped smile

Are they going to fix the kit for the Xterra (for future buyers of the kit, like myself...)?

#513925 - 03/01/06 10:07 AM Re: 05 OR....rear end bottoming is now GONE! ******updated 1/4/06 with flex pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

When I mount the new spring i'll take another picture and send it to them. If they like the way it looks maybe they'll do what Muzikman says and put those parts in a kit for the 05+ Xterra.

#513926 - 03/01/06 12:45 PM Re: 05 OR....rear end bottoming is now GONE! ******updated 1/4/06 with flex pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

good news. I had not heard about my order and my credit card has not been hit with the charge yet, but it looks like a rubber swap with timbren is possible if I can't stop the order in time.

#513927 - 03/01/06 05:44 PM Re: 05 OR....rear end bottoming is now GONE! ******updated 1/4/06 with flex pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

My JRC01 kit came in so I put it on for laughs knowing it would be overkill. I talked to Murray at Timbren and he is going to send out the shorter rubber SES spring to me as well. He wanted another opinion so I obliged him with the install.

It's a bit too much for an SUV. Now if I had a 3500-4000 lb boat with a lot of tongue weight, this long kit might be real useable, but I'm gonna want the inch or so of unnassisted cush space for ride quality and axle flex. This could be just the thing with an add a leaf or shackle lift.

I'm not sure if we can easily shorten the JRC01's brkt, but I'd like to see how the short spring fits. I guess I can find some scrap and just make the same exact pad bracket that knaffie did if I am not satisfied with the clearance.

I did sort of like the assisted feel though, this is a good way to beef up the load capacity of these girly springs nissan gave us. I just hope we can still stuff the tire when fully flexed.

#513928 - 04/01/06 01:54 PM Re: 05 OR....rear end bottoming is now GONE! ******updated 1/4/06 with flex pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

For those who were asking, I got some flex pics. I think I could get it to flex out more than this in a better spot, but given it was raining and this snowbank was handy to get to, I just did this real quick.

EDIT: Just looked at that Timbren pic again. I'm thinking the factory bumpstop would have hit before this. IMO, flex advantage = Timbren.

#513929 - 04/01/06 02:12 PM Re: 05 OR....rear end bottoming is now GONE! ******updated 1/4/06 with flex pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

WARNING: Minor Post Hijack

knaffie -

What size tires did you end up getting from the Tire Rack?

END OF HIGHJACK

regards,

#513930 - 04/01/06 02:35 PM Re: 05 OR....rear end bottoming is now GONE! ******updated 1/4/06 with flex pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

Stock. 285s were tempting, but this is a daily driver that rarely will ever go offroad. I need power, mileage, and handling more than bigger tires right now. I've got my gigantic ZR2 for offroading. laugh

#513931 - 04/01/06 04:11 PM Re: 05 OR....rear end bottoming is now GONE! ******updated 1/4/06 with flex pics
fastdrmr Offline

Loc: SLC, UT
I have a concern... and I have asked this before, just hoping to get an answer. Under full compression did you get any rubbing inside the rear fender well (drivers side, toward the back)?

Tire size is very important with this question due to the difference in how the truck will compress with larger tires.

Thanks.

#513932 - 04/01/06 04:15 PM Re: 05 OR....rear end bottoming is now GONE! ******updated 1/4/06 with flex pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

I didn't hear it rubbing. I don't think the tire was far enough up in there to rub yet.

#513933 - 04/01/06 04:48 PM Re: 05 OR....rear end bottoming is now GONE! ******updated 1/4/06 with flex pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

That compression doesn't look natural on the Timbren spring--it looks like it's folding, not compressing. I'm sure they weren't designed to hold up to that kind of abuse. For anybody who's doing any decent amount of offroading, this doesn't look like a good solution...? What do you guys think?

Will

#513934 - 04/01/06 08:49 PM Re: 05 OR....rear end bottoming is now GONE! ******updated 1/4/06 with flex pics
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think it's fine. solid axles articulate at angles, they don't always go up and down. the leafs don't care, the thick azzed timbren can take that no problem IMO.

If you look at Timbrens site, they show an illustration of a seriously squashed SES helper bumpstop that is bulging more than the one pictured here.

also, I don't think that tire is stuffed all that much. you can see most of it still. As always, your combo may vary. I say weld your bumpstop bracket to the exact height you need for your intended tire size.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal