shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#515116 - 10/10/05 01:35 PM Sliders = waiting game
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just got off the phone with the boys at Calmini and placed my order for my sliders. They are looking at a month out for shipping.

1hr down 719 to go

#515117 - 10/10/05 02:26 PM Re: Sliders = waiting game
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ordered my ShrockBars today. Jim says 3 weeks.
Called Calmini about my front and rear bumpers last Friday and they said work starts on the 14th of this month. No delivery date quoted.

#515118 - 10/10/05 03:42 PM Re: Sliders = waiting game
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by chrishaynesusa:
Ordered my ShrockBars today. Jim says 3 weeks.
I ordered my Shrockbars on September 6. One showed up today but the tracking is screwed up on the other one so who know where it is.

Hopefully the second bar shows up in the next couple of days or mad

The wait is killing me.

#515119 - 10/10/05 05:43 PM Re: Sliders = waiting game
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by srpage:
Quote:
[b]Ordered my ShrockBars today. Jim says 3 weeks.
I ordered my Shrockbars on September 6. One showed up today but the tracking is screwed up on the other one so who know where it is.

The wait is kiing me.[/b]
That's odd, mine came both in the same box.

#515120 - 10/10/05 06:07 PM Re: Sliders = waiting game
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by ShodanX:
Quote:
Originally posted by srpage:
[b]
Quote:
[b]Ordered my ShrockBars today. Jim says 3 weeks.

The wait is kiing me.[/b]
That's odd, mine came both in the same box.[/b]
They were shipped Fedex ground so were shipped as separate packages because of weight limits.

#515121 - 10/10/05 09:08 PM Re: Sliders = waiting game
Bruzer Offline

Loc: Minnesota
I got mine without a box. I was told they left the shop in a box, and arrived without a box.

Heavy metal objects apparently don't ship well.

#515122 - 14/10/05 04:11 PM Re: Sliders = waiting game
Anonymous
Unregistered

I got mine shipped FedEx ground and both in the same box. Jim was trying out a new type of packing material and asked me to send him pictures. My box survived the trip, but just barely. There packing material inside the box was very beat up and one of the bars had a couple of scratches and one nick in the powdercoating.

He may have decided that shipping them in the same box just doesn't work. I'm glad to know that he takes an interest in this stuff and keeps trying to improve.

#515123 - 14/10/05 08:17 PM Re: Sliders = waiting game
Anonymous
Unregistered

Fortunately the other package showed up and I got my sliders installed. Both were packaged up real well and looked ok except both had the powder coat chipped on the top exposed sides.

Actually looks to me like they were chipped when they were being packaged up since this would be the side you would set down while they were wrapping the support ends up.

But for me the wait is over smile

#515124 - 17/10/05 10:22 AM Re: Sliders = waiting game
Anonymous
Unregistered

When I got my sliders a while back FedEx really messed up the box and the shipment. They even spilled the content of it and then tried to throw everything back into it and left it at my door which even delayed shipping. The bars were all scratched up too (lucky I got them unpainted). I tried submiting a claim with FedEx but they gave me the total run around about the fact that the person who gets the item (not the shipper) can not submit a claim. I tried having Jim submit the claim but I still have not heard from anyone. So I was like "whatever" and had the bars sanded and covered with a couple coats of Hurculiner and was done with it.

#515125 - 17/10/05 08:48 PM Re: Sliders = waiting game
Bruzer Offline

Loc: Minnesota
Quote:
Originally posted by Waverider:
... So I was like "whatever" and had the bars sanded and covered with a couple coats of Hurculiner and was done with it.
Do you mind me asking how much your Hurculiner cost? I called the Rhino-lining in town and they quoted me $150 another place quoted me $250 for the same sliders. I ended up painting mine with POR-15, but the process was pretty manual and took me a while to prep and paint.

#515126 - 17/10/05 09:14 PM Re: Sliders = waiting game
Anonymous
Unregistered

1 Gallon of Herculiner is $100 and one gallon would do quite a few sliders. You could probably get away with a Quart which is $30 I believe.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal