2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 80 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#51525 - 06/10/04 09:27 PM Oops (fender bender) --> UPGRADE!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, I woke up with the battery dead today. The seatbelt was in the way and the door didn't fully close yesterday, leaving the dome lights on all night. So later, the radio's clock was wrong. I was driving along, looked at the clock, looked up, and saw cars screeching to a stop. I was about 1/2 sec. too late on the brakes to stop in time... fender-bender into a brand-new Caddy CTS frown

To show how weak the stock bumper is, the Caddy's rear bumper was barely dented in.

The only upside? I've got the perfect excuse to get that winch bumper I've been plotting wink

I like the Shrockworks bumper, and I might as well get the sliders at the sime time (of course!).

My questions are: what can I do with the stock fog lamps. I don't think there's any provision for them in the new bumper. Can I use that wiring to power offroad lamps? Can I mount the fogs anywhere useful?

Will the new bumper (no winch to begin with) reqire any suspension upgrades (beyond the Bilsteins I just put in)?

Thanks for any advice!
Geoff

#51526 - 07/10/04 10:23 AM Re: Oops (fender bender) --> UPGRADE!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Most that reuse them do somthing along these lines..

a closer look at how they are mounted..

if you look under your truck, there is a flat piece of metal jsut in front of the forward body mount.. drill this, and bolt them up.. the wires are long enough already..

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal