2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 64 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#51685 - 27/06/05 01:39 PM Dynamat Help
Anonymous
Unregistered

Searched but got no definative answers....

If I were to put on the Dynamat Hoodliner, would it hurt the engine by reflecting the heat right back to it and letting the open intake suck in hotter air? I just bought a trunk kit and Xtreme bulk pack. That is going in tomorrow with the new Alpine deck.

Also any tips for my install tomorrow would be appreciated. Searched and found a few tips...but more is always better.

#51686 - 27/06/05 01:44 PM Re: Dynamat Help
Anonymous
Unregistered

Unless you are planning on showing the truck, there isn't much purpose for the hood liner. I would say skip it.

Tips?
TAKE YOUR TIME, don't take shortcuts.
Make sure you have all the tools you will need readily available. There is nothing more frustrating than having to run back and forth to your tool chest 100 times to get a different tool.

Besides the Dynamat and the Alpine headunit, what else are you installing?

#51687 - 27/06/05 03:49 PM Re: Dynamat Help
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have kicker 5 1/4's in the front doors and kicker 6x9's in the rear compartment. I also have a Q-logic bandpass box with 2 Type-R 10's. I am mainly looking to cut out road noise and my rear hatch is starting to rattle ever so slightly.

Since the Xtreme is pull and stick, is it necessary to have the roller to apply?

#51688 - 27/06/05 04:54 PM Re: Dynamat Help
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dynamat for your hood will knock down engine noise, not road noise, if thats what you mean..

The extreme stuff is pretty nice to work with. A roller isn't absolutely. necessary (You could use a spoon even), but it does help so you dont burn your fingers when heating it up and to evenly adhere the entire peice....

Just make sure the surface your sticking it to is nice and clean or you'll have a very expensive piece of dynamat falling off in a few months..

#51689 - 27/06/05 06:14 PM Re: Dynamat Help
Anonymous
Unregistered

The engine noise is what I am looking to deaden with the hoodliner. I will be putting the Xtreme on the floor board and wheel well areas to drown out the road noise.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal