shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#51690 - 04/01/05 07:38 PM Taking off wiper
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hit a bird or a piece of truck tire or something going 65mph on rt 95 and now my passenger side wiper is a little limp wristed. Replaced the shattered wiper blade, and thought that'd do it till I inspected it closer.

How do I get this thing off?

#51691 - 04/01/05 08:33 PM Re: Taking off wiper
Anonymous
Unregistered

The wiper arm makes the shape of a hook at the end. the wiper blade slides into this hook.

There is probably a little tab on the wiper that you press, while pushing the entire wiper down towards the base..

sounds confusing, but its very simple. look at your new wiper to get an idea of where the tab is at. [Freak]

#51692 - 05/01/05 05:13 AM Re: Taking off wiper
Anonymous
Unregistered

Capnswill, are you asking how to remove the wiper blade frame or the whole wiper arm?

Perhaps whatever you hit bent the arm. If it doesn't look straight, try bending it until it is straight.

#51693 - 05/01/05 06:34 AM Re: Taking off wiper
Anonymous
Unregistered

I need to take off the entire wiper arm. If I turned on my wipers now the rotary link near the hood would spin, but not the wiper cause the connection is loose.

#51694 - 05/01/05 08:57 AM Re: Taking off wiper
Anonymous
Unregistered

i'm not at my truck right now, but isn't that just a cap over the nut that holds the wiper arm on? if it is, you should be able to pry it open then tighten the nut.

#51695 - 05/01/05 09:42 AM Re: Taking off wiper
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've seen two kinds of ways that wipers are connected, a plastic cap with a bolt underneath or a little tab that you slide. I can't really see it's either one of those. Maybe I'll try prying it off and see what happens.. snowing right now though.

#51696 - 05/01/05 10:18 AM Re: Taking off wiper
Anonymous
Unregistered

Got it off, there's a cap, just it's thin so I thought it was part of the main wiper body. Spline on the wiper is gone, so I'll need a new one.

Thanks folks.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal