shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#52069 - 11/08/04 01:26 PM aftermarket sunroof
Anonymous
Unregistered

Anybody know of a company or kit to install a sunroof ? Or has anybody done this or had it done ?

thanks

#52070 - 11/08/04 01:42 PM Re: aftermarket sunroof
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was just thinking that it would be cool to get a double size one and put it over the cargo area and second row. could see the stars when camping in the X... and would be pretty cool for the passengers...

#52071 - 11/08/04 03:09 PM Re: aftermarket sunroof
Anonymous
Unregistered

I like the idea of the one in the rear. Especially if it were a power moonroof!!

#52072 - 11/08/04 03:38 PM Re: aftermarket sunroof
Anonymous
Unregistered

JJ here is a place in So Cal. that I have looked at in the past just haven't really pursued the whole thing yet.
AMS
See you friday on the way to Big Bear!!! [ThumbsUp]

#52073 - 11/08/04 04:03 PM Re: aftermarket sunroof
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
A customer/friend of mine is one of , if not, the largest OEM aftermarket instalers in the state. These guys do great work and they are used by many dealers in So.Cal. to add sunroofs to vehicles that the customers want to add.

They don't do a lot of direct to customer marketing , they are primarily known to dealers but they will do a retail install. Since they have to fall under the warranty for new vehicles, they have a great reputation.

Airstream Sunroofs

714.658.SNRF(7673) or drop us an E-mail. If you call ask for Robert and tell him that Patrick at Good Time referred you.

#52074 - 12/08/04 04:46 AM Re: aftermarket sunroof
Anonymous
Unregistered

Very cool, thanks for the info..........I'll let you guys know how it goes

#52075 - 10/08/06 10:52 PM Re: aftermarket sunroof
BlueSky Offline

Loc: Georgia
I'm resurrecting this thread in the hopes somebody in XOC has had an aftermarket sunroof installed. This Donmar sunroof installation guide lists the 2000-04 Xterra on the "problem vehicles" page and says their small- or medium-size model "works well in front." Is it "working well" for anybody on XOC?

#52076 - 15/08/06 06:10 PM Re: aftermarket sunroof
BlueSky Offline

Loc: Georgia
bump

#52077 - 15/08/06 07:48 PM Re: aftermarket sunroof
Anonymous
Unregistered

I thought about putting a sunroof in the backseat area. I went to a sun roof installer and they stated the it could be installed but could not promise a rain proof seal because the roof was not a smooth surface. It has grooves and would require that they be flattened. They also stated the roof might shift while driving and may possible cause small cracks where water can entered and leak in.

I just gave up from the point. My friends can just stick their heads out the window.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal