2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 51 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#522243 - 07/02/06 04:24 PM Re: Should I be ticked?
Anonymous
Unregistered

at least you're luckier than me..
took mine in to dealer less than week after
purchase. the geniuses lowered a car lift in next stall onto my open driver's door and smashed
it. long story short... i rejected their offer
of a hack bondo job at their body shop and demanded that they grab a brand new X off their lot and switch doors... which they finally did.
what happened to my smashed door? guess you can figure that out seeing as they now had a brand new X without a door.

#522244 - 07/02/06 04:32 PM Re: Should I be ticked?
Anonymous
Unregistered

some of you all need to step down off of your high horse and realize that the more you work on a vehicle, the more chances for incidental or direct damage will result.

Look at Michael Jackson's nose. you just can't go in 14 times and not have side effects to have had your cyl. head removed or door panels taken off 3 times.

scratches are regrettable, but you gotta realize that the book time does not pay extra for careful techs. If you understand the industry, you'de do all the easy stuff yourself to keep your truck as perfect as possible.

#522245 - 07/02/06 06:20 PM Re: Should I be ticked?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Rock, That sucks--I feel ya.

Mike, Well said. After reading some responsive posts, I believe it was admittedly my mistake in not understanding the industry completely. And, quite frankly, I'm over it. The seal works fine, and I don't even notice the wheels any more. Ha...Honestly, I've been in my Jeep too much lately (finally giving it some much-needed attention) to be bothered by the smaller things...

#522246 - 07/02/06 07:33 PM Re: Should I be ticked?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Do you dumb shits even realize that this was about some minor scratches inside the wheel lug nut area!

Have you looked or worked on an 05-06 and seen that a rat couldnt even get his dick inside that space!! Bad design [ThumbsDown]

If you want a pristine trailer bitch vehicle then you will notice the people that have those vehicles do all the work themselves.

Most of the Techs are independant contractors, they have to buy their own tools, and they get paid by what the book says. NOT BY HOW MUCH TIME THEY ACTUALLY SPENT ON THE VEHICLE. They have families, need to eat and homes too. Guess what being so extra careful does not pay the fuckin mortgage.

So if you dont want those little scratches in the sockets, GET OFF YOUR LAZY SHIT HEAD ASSES AND DO IT YOURSELF FUCKTARDS!

#522247 - 07/02/06 08:14 PM Re: Should I be ticked?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Guess what scratches happen, get over it. you have a 4x4.

#522248 - 07/02/06 08:40 PM Re: Should I be ticked?
bikesdestroy Offline

Loc: Colorado Springs
Not knowing most of you, I will say this as civilly as I am able:

Please do not point your condesending rant towards Cyclemut. Many, many of us here owe him big. If you ever need him, be it in town or on the trail, you will understand... 'till then, [Save the fine unicorns] !

As far as your wheels, Bro, yeah... that sucks, but get over it. I don't say that to be a dick, I realize we all value things differently, and I respect that, it's just seems minor in the big picture.

Troy [drink]

#522249 - 07/02/06 08:50 PM Re: Should I be ticked?
Anonymous
Unregistered

IMO, thats just part of wear and tear on a vehicle. But if non scratched lug holes is what it takes to reel in the ladies for ya, then most 4x4 owners are SOL. Scratches are going to happen, no avoiding it.

Sorry if Cyclemut put the situation in real life perspective and some of you can't handle it.

#522250 - 07/02/06 09:56 PM Re: Should I be ticked?
BradLee Offline

Loc: Black Hills
Ok I read this whole post, and I am still confused. Is this really about the marks on the wheels inside the holes where the lugs go?

Put it this way lets say that this time your wheels did not get marked, what about the next time? and the next...? If you are going to be that much of a tight ass then you NEED to do it yourself with a special socket, cause that WILL happen.

P.S. BE SURE TO PARK WAY IN BACK AT THE GROCERY STORE SO YOU DON'T GET A SCRATCH!!!

P.S.S.AND WATCH FOR BIRDS DROPPING BOMBS!

#522251 - 08/02/06 04:05 AM Re: Should I be ticked?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have pinstriping from mesquite trees down both sides of my X. It's a 4WD. This thing was designed for off road. Did you buy one of those 05 Off Roads with 2WD?

I think the design of these wheels really suck. I haven't watched for a rat trying to screw my rims so I can't tell if he could get his dick into that space. I am going to go for some steel rims as soon as I can find some.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal