shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#528579 - 22/06/05 07:49 AM Yea baby, I’m “X” in...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Long story short, I decided I couldn’t wait until the fall to my X for a couple of reasons; 1. my local sales tax is going up 1% July 1st (save about $250), 2. Waiting until year-end close-outs would only mean slim pickings, I said to myself if I can get year-end numbers like well under invoice right now, then why wait.

I bought a Night Armor “S”, with Power & Utility packages. I wanted the VDC and felt it was good thing to have on the X [it can be turned OFF]. I have the self-dimming/compass mirror, and for the life of me I can’t understand why Nissan neglected to add outside temp to it, or somewhere on the center console.

One of the things I really like about the NA color, was that the bumpers, and side moldings tend to disappear and give the truck a more uniformed look. It is towards the darker side, but does not show dirt & dust like black does.

I’m not a serious 4-wheeler right now or in the near future, and I decided that I don’t have a “real” need for the OR model, so let someone else who really wants one have it. I hope I don’t regret that one, but the OR was 2-3k more than an “S” and I really couldn’t justify it. All I wanted/needed is SUV cargo space, and 4x4 for snow and back roads etc. But still have plans to add sliders, & skid plates.

Man that 4.0 VQ engine sure is sweeeet, the third test drive was a charm.

A couple of “little” things I will miss having, and wished the X had;

1. A little softer more durable interior dash panels , but it’s a truck.
2. Again - outside temperature, either on dash or included w/ dimming mirror.
3. Auto On/Off head-lights, really how much could this have really cost. -or- at least have the lights turn-off a couple minutes after one pulls the key.
4. Steering audio controls [would be nice if all the X’s had it.]
5. A little better stock stereo & speakers.
6. Locking gas cover, I guess I’ll have to buy a key locking cap.
7. A little more durable/rugged seat fabric, although the dealer is doing a Scotch Guard protection which they back for 5-years.
8. Rear hatch window that opens.
9. I know this is a mini-van feature [Please NO flames], but being able to have the rear cargo windows that vent out about 2-4 inches. I’m involved with K9 SAR, and I’m sure my guy/dog would appreciate all the front-to-back air possible when not in motion.

#528580 - 22/06/05 07:58 AM Re: Yea baby, I’m “X” in...
defibvt Offline

Loc: AZ
Welcome. [Wave]

#528581 - 22/06/05 08:09 AM Re: Yea baby, I’m “X” in...
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
Hey-all your problems are fixable....start modding.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#528582 - 22/06/05 08:16 AM Re: Yea baby, I’m “X” in...
Anonymous
Unregistered

I got an S Night Armor, 4x4 also. I do like the color a lot! Nice ride and welcome. smile

#528583 - 22/06/05 08:41 AM Re: Yea baby, I’m “X” in...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sweet laugh

#528584 - 22/06/05 08:55 AM Re: Yea baby, I’m “X” in...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nice sounding ride. As mentioned earlier, most of your "gripes" are fixable. Maybe all if you get real inventive.

I went ahead with the OR because it was the only one that gave me all the options I wanted. I wanted the RF stereo and a manual transmission. At least my decision was easy. laugh

#528585 - 22/06/05 09:02 AM Re: Yea baby, I’m “X” in...
Anonymous
Unregistered

[Wave]

#528586 - 22/06/05 09:26 AM Re: Yea baby, I’m “X” in...
Anonymous
Unregistered

I couldn't tell by your post, but is it an automatic or a manual?

#528587 - 22/06/05 09:55 AM Re: Yea baby, I’m “X” in...
buffalo Offline

Loc: los angeles, california
Congrats and enjoy! I'm waiting on my special order and gettiing more and more anxious everyday, a Night armorr offroad edition. [ThumbsUp]

BTW I'm curious about SAR, I will be picking up my new black lab hopefully this weekend with the hopes of joining law enforcement and/or getting involved with SAR. any advice or experience you can offer would much appreciated.

#528588 - 22/06/05 12:58 PM Re: Yea baby, I’m “X” in...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by max6spd:
I couldn't tell by your post, but is it an automatic or a manual?
AT, I'm getting older laugh .

My another car Mazda-6 which is now the wife's main drive is MT. I love MT on smaller car esp. sport cars!!

#528589 - 22/06/05 01:11 PM Re: Yea baby, I’m “X” in...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by buffalo:
Congrats and enjoy! I'm waiting on my special order and gettiing more and more anxious everyday, a Night armorr offroad edition. [ThumbsUp]

BTW I'm curious about SAR, I will be picking up my new black lab hopefully this weekend with the hopes of joining law enforcement and/or getting involved with SAR. any advice or experience you can offer would much appreciated.
Boy if you love working with dogs, it can be a lot of fun and some work. First thing has to be creating that bond & trust with your K9. Next is getting that obedience down, at least for those K9s that work off-lead in the wilderness or disaster areas.

For me the more I learn, the more I learn I have a lot to still learn. It a very on-going process.

Lasting if you are getting into a volunteer group, you want be able to get along with everyone reasonable well. Unfortunately most likely you won't know that right off the bat, it takes some time. Some groups may be very political or ego driven.

It needs to be fun for both you and your dog. For my guy (Jake, a German Shepard), it a big game. Fun to find the person, and the tug toy play time.

#528590 - 22/06/05 03:24 PM Re: Yea baby, I’m “X” in...
buffalo Offline

Loc: los angeles, california
Thanks for the advice, I've actually worked as a Veterinary technician for the last 10 years so working with dogs is not something new to me, but now I mainly do hospital management. I am picking up my Black lab puppy this weekend, will see how it works out. It's been about 8 months since I lost my 13 year old Black lab mix "bear" RIP. It will be a whole new adventure for me having to deal with training again and creating that bond but I am sure it will be fun and satisfying.

#528591 - 22/06/05 05:54 PM Re: Yea baby, I’m “X” in...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yay, first post for me! Registered recently and have been reading up - until now... So, hello everyone...

I'm looking at buying an '05 pretty soon as well and the description of the one you bought is EXACTLY what I'll be looking for. And I do mean exactly... Right down to the dimming mirror. :p

If you don't mind, could you post how much you paid? I don't want to be nosey, just trying to get a reference as to how the online "custom built" price compares to driving one off the lot!

Good luck with it, i'm jealous!

Jason

#528592 - 22/06/05 06:40 PM Re: Yea baby, I’m “X” in...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey jcromes and xgriff - that's the exact same color/trim/option combo I got back in February. It was exactly what i wanted, and I got lucky - they had it in the local dealer's first shipment!

You two obvioulsy have exceptional taste!

JCromes - Sticker on mine was 26,430, I paid $25,342. (Mine also came with the Protection Package)

#528593 - 23/06/05 06:17 AM Re: Yea baby, I’m “X” in...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by buffalo:
Thanks for the advice, I've actually worked as a Veterinary technician for the last 10 years so working with dogs is not something new to me, but now I mainly do hospital management. I am picking up my Black lab puppy this weekend, will see how it works out. It's been about 8 months since I lost my 13 year old Black lab mix "bear" RIP. It will be a whole new adventure for me having to deal with training again and creating that bond but I am sure it will be fun and satisfying.
Sorry to hear about your lost, that is always a hard thing to deal with.

Sounds like you more than likely know more about dogs, than I do. wink

Good luck, I'm hope all works to the best.

#528594 - 23/06/05 06:51 AM Re: Yea baby, I’m “X” in...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by jcromes:
If you don't mind, could you post how much you paid? I don't want to be nosey, just trying to get a reference as to how the online "custom built" price compares to driving one off the lot!

Good luck with it, i'm jealous!

Jason
Without getting too long winded, my dealer happens to close their 3 times a month; 10th 20th & 30/31st. I was there on Mon. the 20th. And they wanted one more deal, and I wanted “Year End” pricing, NOW and not in October.

$24,200 ($500 under invoice), that's was my final offer in order to assure them closing that night. I ended up giving a little bit of it back on some extras in the finance office, but still with the X being on the market such a short while I felt real happy about the deal. The sales guy wasn't too happy about the low-ball number.

The key to my deal was that in my small town Wichita (pop. 400k) there is only one Nissan dealer, but 2-3 hours away KC & OKC they’re many dealers. I had several Internet offers in hand, and told them I would have no problem picking up the same X elsewhere, both with above & below invoice prices.

BTW, I test drove a ton of SUV’s over the last year; this is one heck of a truck for money. ie. A Toyota 4Runner, with similar options would have been a least 5k more, maybe 8k depending on options, and availability. In my neck of the woods you can’t hardly find one w/o $900 sunroof, which just eats into an already low roofline. Hated T4R seat fabric, the double deck thing in the cargo is only good for mall-shoppers.

I also hated the idea of having carpet in the cargo area, just to get stained & soiled. Heck I bought a 3x4 ($15 @ Garts Sporting Goods) rubberized exercise mat, to prevent sliding and noise of banging various stuff, golf clubs etc. Works like a charm, bought another for when I have the back row seats down. Should also help cut down on scratches.

#528595 - 23/06/05 09:43 AM Re: Yea baby, I’m “X” in...
Anonymous
Unregistered

That's almost EXACTLY like the X I just got on Sunday! My wife hated the Night Armor color until she finially saw it in person.

I ended up with an S, Night Armor, Auto, 4x4, Power Package, Utility Package, Compass Mirror. I wanted the tow package, but apparently not many Ss have them, so I've got one on order for almost 1/4 the price Nissan wanted! I ended up getting a few features I wasn't as worried about just because it was on the car, like the carpeted floor mats, side trim...

So far I'm loving it. I'm 6'7" and it's so nice to fit well in a vehicle. Got lots of little mods I want to add, but that's the fun of having a vehicle like this! First things first is pulling out that stereo and getting a GPS or carputer in there smile

--Fishhead

#528596 - 23/06/05 12:47 PM Re: Yea baby, I’m “X” in...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by fishhead202:
That's almost EXACTLY like the X I just got on Sunday! My wife hated the Night Armor color until she finially saw it in person.

I ended up with an S, Night Armor, Auto, 4x4, Power Package, Utility Package, Compass Mirror. I wanted the tow package, but apparently not many Ss have them, so I've got one on order for almost 1/4 the price Nissan wanted! I ended up getting a few features I wasn't as worried about just because it was on the car, like the carpeted floor mats, side trim...

--Fishhead
Yes I agree, Night Armor has to be seen in person to appreciate. It almost looks like black in the brochures. But at night has a nice black like look .

Where are you getting your hitch from, and how much??

~Xgriff

#528597 - 27/06/05 09:56 AM Re: Yea baby, I’m “X” in...
Anonymous
Unregistered

I ordered the Draw-Tight hitch. It doesn't look bad. It was about $125, harness for like $15 and shipping was $25ish. Just found out yesterday it's backordered and won't be shipped for a week though mad I let you know details when it gets here.

--Fishhead

#528598 - 08/07/05 05:01 PM Re: Yea baby, I’m “X” in...
Anonymous
Unregistered

By the way. The head lights do turn off after 5 minutes with the key out. Congrats on the X, and I feel your pain on some of the things mentioned.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal