2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 64 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#529432 - 29/08/05 09:52 AM Re: Scratches on interior plastic surfaces?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Really? Interesting.

Quote:
Originally posted by craicbaby:
Quote:
Originally posted by Muzikman:
[b]There are a few strange things about the 05 X. The folding front seat with a cloth back is only one of them. I doubt I'll ever actually fold that seat down. If I want to haul something long, it'll go on the roof (that's what the rack is for). I just wish Nissan would have taken a page out of the Elements book when it came to interior materials.
My front seat has a plastic back[/b]

#529433 - 30/08/05 12:20 PM Re: Scratches on interior plastic surfaces?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok, if you wanna be hardcore about it. Just go get yourself some Herculiner ($50-80) and coat the back cargo area with it. I just did my rock sliders with the stuff and they came out real nice and very rugged and skid resistent. The stuff bonds to anything so the cargo area would be a great place to coat. If you don't mind loosing the stock look of cheep plastic then that is the way to go. Your car might smell a couple days but hey you will have a tough cargo area.

#529434 - 30/08/05 01:06 PM Re: Scratches on interior plastic surfaces?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
if you wanna be hardcore about it. Just go get yourself some Herculiner ($50-80) and coat the back cargo area with it.
If the Herculiner will stick, that's a great idea. I have considered lining the cargo area of my "battle wagon" '98 Expedition. I will probably pull out the carpet on the floor first, but I will likely coat right over the carpet on the second row seat backs. I have to wait for the wife to go out of town before I try this...

If anyone tries this on their new-X, I would really like to hear how it works out.

#529435 - 31/08/05 07:16 AM Re: Scratches on interior plastic surfaces?
Anonymous
Unregistered

just make sure the area is clean, then use the scratch pad you get with the Herculiner kit to rough up the plastic or whatever, then clean again and then apply the stuff. It will stick great as long as you do the prep work. the longest part of the job is the prep work.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal