2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 64 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#530189 - 28/07/05 09:31 PM Dash Kit
Anonymous
Unregistered

Anyone get one of these yet?

http://www.wooddashexperts.com/customer/home.php?cat=2433

I'm interested in the Real Brushed Aluminum (RBA), but they only hava a picture of the Satin Nickel(SN):

http://wooddashexperts.com/Dash-Kit-Gall...d9a630dc049dc32

Anyway, if any of you has tried one of these kits, what do you think?

#530190 - 29/07/05 02:47 PM Re: Dash Kit
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, I'm not sure if anyone else in interested, but I found out that you can order samples. I went ahead and ordered four samples:
- Real brushed aluminum
- Synthetic brushed aluminum
- Real black and blue cabon fiber
- White (my X is white so I figured I'd try it)

The four samples cost me $5. I'll let you all know what I decide to do when I get them.

#530191 - 29/07/05 03:19 PM Re: Dash Kit
Anonymous
Unregistered

they look pretty cool but how is the fit my friend has a 2004 s10 and he had to do some major trimmimg and it looks like shit

#530192 - 29/07/05 06:04 PM Re: Dash Kit
Anonymous
Unregistered

That looks really sharpe. Yeah, I'd be interested in the fit too.

#530193 - 30/07/05 05:46 AM Re: Dash Kit
Anonymous
Unregistered

I installed one of those kits from Wood Dash Experts last weekend. The one I got was the 23 piece molded synthetic carbon fiber and I think it turned out really well. The material they use is very flexible and goes around the curved parts great.I did have to trim just a little bit off of 2 pieces (Maybe 1/8 of an inch) but this was real easy to do with a metal ruler for a straight edge and a sharp exacto knife. Came out perfect because the material is thin and very easy to slice through. Other than that I think the fit was right on and looks good. I have used other dash kits over the years that didn't turn out nearly as nice as this one. The finish has a nice shine to it and is easy to keep clean with a damp towel, plus the material won't scrath or fade. Each piece is completely covered on the back with the red 3M tape which so far has stayed in place perfectly, even around the AC vents where it has to make qiute a bent in a short distance. All that being said, I think I would recommend this kit because the install was much easier than what I've used in the past and the quality of the product seems good. If I can figure out how to post some pics I will.

#530194 - 30/07/05 06:56 AM Re: Dash Kit
Anonymous
Unregistered

oh this stuff is thin and flexable thats cool my friends was like a hard shell i think i am going to look into this

#530195 - 30/07/05 08:31 AM Re: Dash Kit
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ozzy,

Thanks a lot for posting your experience. I was looking into the flat kits, but now you're making me reconsider. Sounds like the molded kits are really nice. (The only problem is that they don't have Real brushed aluminum in a molded kit)

Thanks again for posting. I've got more courage to buy from these guys now.

#530196 - 30/07/05 10:43 AM Re: Dash Kit
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Ozzy17x:
I installed one of those kits from Wood Dash Experts last weekend. The one I got was the 23 piece molded synthetic carbon fiber and I think it turned out really well. The material they use is very flexible and goes around the curved parts great.I did have to trim just a little bit off of 2 pieces (Maybe 1/8 of an inch) but this was real easy to do with a metal ruler for a straight edge and a sharp exacto knife. Came out perfect because the material is thin and very easy to slice through. Other than that I think the fit was right on and looks good. I have used other dash kits over the years that didn't turn out nearly as nice as this one. The finish has a nice shine to it and is easy to keep clean with a damp towel, plus the material won't scrath or fade. Each piece is completely covered on the back with the red 3M tape which so far has stayed in place perfectly, even around the AC vents where it has to make qiute a bent in a short distance. All that being said, I think I would recommend this kit because the install was much easier than what I've used in the past and the quality of the product seems good. If I can figure out how to post some pics I will.
Pictures????

#530197 - 30/07/05 02:57 PM Re: Dash Kit
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Ozzy17x:
I installed one of those kits from Wood Dash Experts last weekend.
Yeah Ozzy, show some pics of your work... I think Carbon Fiber will look cool, but gotta see it to believe it!

#530198 - 30/07/05 07:50 PM Re: Dash Kit
Anonymous
Unregistered

well i think that i am going to pick one of those kits up i think that it would really look cool [Spit]

#530199 - 21/08/05 05:57 AM Re: Dash Kit
Anonymous
Unregistered

wow I just installed this kit by myself in about an hour and it looks awesome! makes the interior look more like expensive. doesen't look cheap at all. great fit also. highly recommended.cost me like 244 bucks and the guysaid he will make group deals of 5 or more orders more being cheaper price. his name is Roman ext.86

#530200 - 21/08/05 05:59 AM Re: Dash Kit
Anonymous
Unregistered

my wife dosen't even mind the money spent. thats how good it looks smile

#530201 - 21/08/05 07:02 AM Re: Dash Kit
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was wondering about these kits too. I figure they can look nice when they are first installed - but will they stand the test of time? How will they look in a couple of years after hot summer heat and cold winter temperatures? If you have second thoughts and want to remove the kit afterwards - what is left on the dash?

Has anyone had a kit installed for a year or two - how does it look?

#530202 - 21/08/05 07:30 AM Re: Dash Kit
Anonymous
Unregistered

Can somebody please tell me whats the difference between real and brushed aluminum? Thanks.

#530203 - 21/08/05 09:53 AM Re: Dash Kit
Anonymous
Unregistered

Regular Alum. is shiny brushed is kinda dull and has a sorta grain to it. I myself was considering the blue carbon to match the OR seats. Gonna order the diffrent color samples soon. cool

#530204 - 22/08/05 04:39 AM Re: Dash Kit
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have a kit similar to this on my sentra se-r. carbon fiber and it's been great for 6 years already, no problems still look new. too hard to get off wouldn't even try it. 3m tape is sticky as hell. bmw use this tape to hold their trunk wings on the m3/m5 pretty strong imho.

#530205 - 23/08/05 09:55 AM Re: Dash Kit
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by TIERRA:
Can somebody please tell me whats the difference between real and brushed aluminum? Thanks.
TIERRA,

RBA - Real Brushed Aluminum
SBA - Synthetic Brushed Aluminum

Hope that clears up the issue.

Update,

I still haven't received my samples. I called them a couple days ago and they said they shipped very late (one of the samples was probably out of stock). Anyway, if anyone has pictures, please post them.

Thanks,

Adrian

#530206 - 23/08/05 10:05 AM Re: Dash Kit
Anonymous
Unregistered

I bought a satin nickel dash kit and had some trouble installing it. The flat pieces went in fine, especially the pieces around the shifter and center console/cupholders,it looks awesome, the pieces on the window switches are also ok, and the ones below the steering wheel and the HVAC guages. The pieces that were somewhat curved did not fare as well, the piece above the speedometer, two pieces for the center a/c vents did not stick at all, the adhesive just wouldn't adhere to the grainy plastic. I called the company who provided me with some more adhesive strips but that didn't work. The pieces that are in the X look great, i'm just a little disappointed that the whole kit didn't install. Not sure if anyone else had this problem.

#530207 - 16/09/05 09:59 PM Re: Dash Kit
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just got my dash kit yesterday and everything installed just fine, I got the satin nickel also. I just wish the doors had pieces that covered the full door handle and not just the area by the power windows. I think the interior is now almost done with the kit and the seatcovers, unless I can do something about the plastic door panels that get easily scratched.

#530208 - 16/09/05 10:07 PM Re: Dash Kit
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hmmm, I wonder how come my dash kit didn't fully go on, even my center piece around the 4wd knob is coming up, the adhesive won't stick too well on curved surfaces and the thickness of the kit is preventing it from staying in place. Do you have a pic of your kit? Maybe I got a bum one...

#530209 - 17/09/05 05:45 PM Re: Dash Kit
Anonymous
Unregistered

Did you clean the surface and then use the adhesive promoter? I cleaned mine with glass cleaner(w/o ammonia) and then wiped it with the stuff they sent with the kit as adhesive promoter. I actually had to take a piece down after sticking it on and it was hard to remove but it stuck in place again after I put it back. Don't know how to post the pix here so maybe you can send me your e:mail and I can e:mail it to you.

#530210 - 17/09/05 09:43 PM Re: Dash Kit
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah, did the cleaning and adhesive promoter, which discolored my plastic on some surfaces, the stuff didn't stick even after that. You can email me at dtsanger@aol.com. thanks!

#530211 - 15/10/05 03:10 AM Re: Dash Kit
Anonymous
Unregistered

Which kit did you guys get? It seems as there are two kits from wooddashexperts. One of them is the flat kit, the other is the molded kit. If you got the kit with the stamped "Xterra" on the glovebox, then I am assuming you got the molded kit. Is that correct? If you guys don't like the "Xterra" logo, then check out the flat kit.

#530212 - 15/10/05 08:32 AM Re: Dash Kit
Anonymous
Unregistered

I like mine with the logo, my friend at work even thought it was factory when he saw it on my dash.

#530213 - 15/10/05 09:18 AM Re: Dash Kit
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by redorange:
I like mine with the logo, my friend at work even thought it was factory when he saw it on my dash.
We need pictures!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal