shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#533422 - 03/06/07 02:42 PM Re: Add my Rear Diff to the collection
Anonymous
Unregistered

I would prefer a selectable locker for even the rear. Does this mean a fix for the weak E-locker side gear is not possible or practical?

#533423 - 03/06/07 06:57 PM Re: Add my Rear Diff to the collection
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have not even pursued that path, nor do I plan to. I think ARB will come out with a locker a soon too. So you will have switchable type, a LSD and a spool to choose from. With the gear sets we will be set for the rear end. Then we just have to solve the front diff problems.

#533424 - 03/06/07 07:21 PM Re: Add my Rear Diff to the collection
Anonymous
Unregistered

Are you sure that ARB will be making a locker for the Nissan D44? Since there are mostly E-locker units? Trying to remember....was there another model that come with an open 44?

#533425 - 03/06/07 07:36 PM Re: Add my Rear Diff to the collection
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Lloyd Swartz:
Are you sure that ARB will be making a locker for the Nissan D44? Since there are mostly E-locker units? Trying to remember....was there another model that come with an open 44?
Any manual tranny 2nd gen has the Nissan 44, regardless of trim level or locker option.

#533426 - 04/06/07 06:09 AM Re: Add my Rear Diff to the collection
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok, that is what I was thinking. Hopefully ARB will see a demand for a rear locker then. ARB should probably be made aware that the E-locker units are also part of that demand as they must be replaced for serious wheeling and larger tires.

#533427 - 04/06/07 06:18 AM Re: Add my Rear Diff to the collection
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Ok, that is what I was thinking. Hopefully ARB will see a demand for a rear locker then. ARB should probably be made aware that the E-locker units are also part of that demand as they must be replaced for serious wheeling and larger tires.
Start e-mailing, writing, and calling ARB USA. You seem to be the most vocal out of any 2nd gen owner on this board when it comes to needs for upgrades...my $0.02

#533428 - 04/06/07 08:27 AM Re: Add my Rear Diff to the collection
Anonymous
Unregistered

I will. I pushed hard with them for stuff for my old rig in the past. ARB seems quite easy to get along with.

#533429 - 04/06/07 08:44 AM Re: Add my Rear Diff to the collection
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok, I talked to Steve at ARB. Basically they have had axles in Australia since 05.

His comments were....

1. They have not seriously looked at anything yet.
2. The differentials for the Titan, X and Frontier are so poorly and under-engineered THEY are concerned about working with them!
3. They were worried about over heating of the D44.(I explained I thought this was an issue fixed in 05 with the bigger cover on the Titan, but I couldnt confirm that was what he was talking about)

#533430 - 04/06/07 01:10 PM Re: Add my Rear Diff to the collection
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok the spool deal is happening right now!
Heres your chance for a bullet proof fix for your Nissan M226 rear end. These units will be done in the next few weeks. They will be a direct bolt in, use your same axles and ring&pinion set. If you are a serious off roader you will want one of these!!! They wont be for your daily driver, as they will make you have a solid live axle. I am expecting the cost to be around $500 for the billet steel, heat treated unit.

If you want one right now speak up, as I am only doing a limited run. If you miss this run we will need to get enough orders for a second run.

#533431 - 05/06/07 06:26 AM Re: Add my Rear Diff to the collection
Anonymous
Unregistered

$500 for a spool?

#533432 - 05/06/07 07:14 AM Re: Add my Rear Diff to the collection
Anonymous
Unregistered

I questioned the same thing, but seeing as it's a custom build, I can see it.

#533433 - 05/06/07 07:51 AM Re: Add my Rear Diff to the collection
Anonymous
Unregistered

Guys if could be less. It s easier to go down than is to go up on the cost. If somebody wants one they will buy in at $500 and then be happy if it comes up less. I cant for sure predict the price as we have 3 steps with 3 venders to do this. 1st step is machine the billet to shape, 2nd step broach splines, 3rd heat treated. If we were to do a run of a 100 pieces the price would drop way down, but right now it is a very small order.

#533434 - 05/06/07 08:22 AM Re: Add my Rear Diff to the collection
Anonymous
Unregistered

That was my point. For a custom build spool, that is probably right on track price wise.

Material, programming and machine time all cost money. Got to recoop the programming time some where.

#533435 - 05/06/07 04:26 PM Re: Add my Rear Diff to the collection
Anonymous
Unregistered

So I wonder how a TrueTrac LSD would work with ABLS?

The problem with TrueTrac is that it doesn't always catch without working the brakes-- but in theory ABLS would pump the brakes automatically. So it might work better than it does in old Jeeps.

Hmm.

#533436 - 10/06/07 04:28 PM Re: Add my Rear Diff to the collection
Anonymous
Unregistered

FYI

LINK FJ
LINK TACO

Keep update us!

Thanks

#533437 - 10/06/07 06:49 PM Re: Add my Rear Diff to the collection
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sad. But atleast Toyota seems to be stepping up to the plate on warranty and updating parts, if I read the thread right.

#533438 - 11/06/07 01:35 PM Re: Add my Rear Diff to the collection
defibvt Offline

Loc: AZ
So I took in my Xterra for repairs at Peoria Nissan. According to the service advisor's boss, my use of the Xterra offroading borders on abuse.

This is what is being replaced.

1. Front Driver's side CV shaft.

2. Front differential.

3. Transfer case.

4. Rear differential.

This being said everything is covered by warrantee. That is the good thing.

This is posted here for the rear diff being fixed.

#533439 - 11/06/07 01:40 PM Re: Add my Rear Diff to the collection
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'd say you must be racing desert races in that thing! I know what went wrong with each of the other parts, without asking. What happened to the transfer?

#533440 - 11/06/07 02:01 PM Re: Add my Rear Diff to the collection
defibvt Offline

Funny you mention that. My cousin, Grumpy, does photos of motorcycle desert racing.

Photos by Grumpy

As for the t-case. I don't know what happened. It had been finicky for over a year now and I chalked it up to being a four wheel drive thing. Guess it wasn't.

#533441 - 11/06/07 03:57 PM Re: Add my Rear Diff to the collection
Anonymous
Unregistered

Here's a link to a product quality survey w/ a contact # for a reporter. CALL IT AND BITCH mad

#533442 - 11/06/07 04:07 PM Re: Add my Rear Diff to the collection
defibvt Offline

Called them up. Gave them my number and name for a follow up article. If they do one that is.

#533443 - 11/06/07 04:41 PM Re: Add my Rear Diff to the collection
Anonymous
Unregistered

Will call them tomorrow. I cant believe your entire drive train is being replaced under warranty, and I have to get a lawyer just for my rear diff, known to be silly weak! mad Would love to know what happened to the t/case, we dont need that too! frown

#533444 - 11/06/07 04:43 PM Re: Add my Rear Diff to the collection
Anonymous
Unregistered

Great new profile Scott [Too much XOC] [ThumbsUp] .

#533445 - 11/06/07 04:45 PM Re: Add my Rear Diff to the collection
defibvt Offline

Quote:
Will call them tomorrow. I cant believe your entire drive train is being replaced under warranty, and I have to get a lawyer just for my rear diff, known to be silly weak! mad Would love to know what happened to the t/case, we dont need that too! frown
I am going to ask for a detailed list of repairs. I will let everyone know as soon as I know.

#533446 - 12/06/07 06:40 AM Re: Add my Rear Diff to the collection
Anonymous
Unregistered

My guess, they won't know.

They will just drop the entire case and replace it.

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal