shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#534999 - 24/04/07 01:59 PM steering wheel off center
Anonymous
Unregistered

I went wheeling last weekend and on the way home noticed that the steering wheel is now about 10degrees offcenter to the right. The alignment is perfectly on, none of the tie rods or a arms appear misshapen or bent. What could it be?

#535000 - 25/04/07 09:29 AM Re: steering wheel off center
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mine has been what way for a year now. Alignment is pefect but the wheel is off center.

The R&P jump a tooth maybe?

#535001 - 25/04/07 07:08 PM Re: steering wheel off center
Anonymous
Unregistered

I noticed the same thing with mine after the second time I went wheeling. Not sure why it does this but your right, it still seems like the alignment is ok. I'm going to watch tire wear though.

#535002 - 09/11/07 06:04 AM Re: steering wheel off center
Anonymous
Unregistered

I took my 05 in for its first set of new tires at 31K. I was advised that I needed an alignment so I bit on the discounted price they offered. Afterward the wheel seems to be a bit off center. Very very slightly off center. The alignment is fine.. no pulling at all. I've read that this could be attributed to the slant of paved roads. Could it have been like this all along and I just never noticed before?

#535003 - 09/11/07 08:53 AM Re: steering wheel off center
Anonymous
Unregistered

Loosen it up all of the way. have your tires straight, and make the steering wheel straight. Put the steering shaft back on tight.

#535004 - 13/11/07 11:27 PM Re: steering wheel off center
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have had this issue since day one dammit! In my case the wheel is slightly to the left. If I hit a road that has a slant to the right, that explains the tendency of the wheel to be slightly off to the left when the car is going straight. However, I have noticed this on flat roads as well.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal