shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#535618 - 10/09/05 06:16 PM 6-speed off road 4x4 Do they not exist?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Went to my nissan dealer today to test drive an Xterra. Drove an O/R 4x2 6-speed. So I want one but must have a 4x4. Problem is they can't seem to find one. The sales man was not even sure if it was an option but of course we know it is. So he said I could special order one if I wanted to wait 3-4 months and put down a $1,000 deposit. Well not too sure about having a grand siting out of my savings for several months. Especially when I might be buying a house soon.

Anyway I guess my question is... can you find these? Is there a certain area of the country where there are more 6-speeds with this package? I'm in Texas and they certainly are not here.

The SE will not let you get a 4x4 6-speed and even with all the options you still can not get an S equal to the Off Road.

Thanks!

#535619 - 10/09/05 06:34 PM Re: 6-speed off road 4x4 Do they not exist?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I had the same issue in Arizona. We were able to locate some in both Denver and Salt Lake City and were prepared to go up and get one.

Thankfully we found one in Flagstaff AZ, despite all the dealers in Phoenix telling me that there were none in the state.

My wife called all the Nissan dealers even in the small towns in Arizona just in case they had one and it was her who located ours in Flagstaff.

#535620 - 10/09/05 07:01 PM Re: 6-speed off road 4x4 Do they not exist?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Good luck if you want a 2005 vondy. frown That's the package I wanted but there's none in Canada when I asked in July. It seems to be very hard to find. So I decided to order a special one just for me, but will be a 2006.

It's probably not impossible to find in US, Philso found one! I wish you to find it! [ThumbsUp]

#535621 - 10/09/05 08:18 PM Re: 6-speed off road 4x4 Do they not exist?
Anonymous
Unregistered

We got our off-road Auto at the end of May, and even then off-roads were becoming hard to find. The 05s are priety much sold out I believe. WIth vehicles as popular as these you have to buy earlier in the model year to get what you want.

#535622 - 10/09/05 09:00 PM Re: 6-speed off road 4x4 Do they not exist?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well after doing some searching on nissan's site, it seems like Denver has several just like what I am looking for. Now if only the dealer would import one for me.

Thanks for y'all help!

#535623 - 10/09/05 10:15 PM Re: 6-speed off road 4x4 Do they not exist?
Anonymous
Unregistered

>> t seems like Denver has several just like <<

Denver had at least two 6 speeds OR 4X4 models that last time I called them. He was willing to hold either of them for a $500 refundable deposit pending my arrival, but thankfully that was one 900 mile drive I didn't have to make. They also offered a fair trade-in value on my old 2000 X based on some digital photos I emailed them.

I forgot to add that a guy in Tucson AZ offered to get me one from Denver for approx $400 transport fee, which I was probably happy to pay to get the X I wanted.

#535624 - 11/09/05 07:09 AM Re: 6-speed off road 4x4 Do they not exist?
Anonymous
Unregistered

vondy, I bought mine in mid June. At that time I saw two 6 speed 4x4's in inventory when I was looking for mine. I almost bought one. They are few and far between. I used Town North Nissan in Austin. They were pretty decent about finding what I wanted.

I found lots of well equipped 4x2's. Many OR 4x2's. confused That just doesn't make sense to me.

Good luck.

#535625 - 11/09/05 07:15 AM Re: 6-speed off road 4x4 Do they not exist?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just who came up with the idea of a 2wd off-road [Freak] Maybe a pre-runner concept? Except due to a poor rear suspension the Xterra is slow as a snail off-road.....

#535626 - 11/09/05 09:58 AM Re: 6-speed off road 4x4 Do they not exist?
bburns Offline

Loc: Maple Valley, WA
When I went to puchase mine the dealer provided me a list of every red brawn OR model including at least one 6-speed. They quoted me about $25000 on it before rebates etc.

This was in the Seattle area though so maybe not very helpful to you.

#535627 - 11/09/05 11:30 AM Re: 6-speed off road 4x4 Do they not exist?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Has anyone bought an xterra from a dealer across the country and had them deliver it? I'm trying to figure away of getting around having to go through my dealer because I'm afraid they are not going to want to get one though another dealer. And there is no way I'm going to make a road trip from Denver to Dallas anytime soon.

Just curious.

Thanks

#535628 - 11/09/05 01:02 PM Re: 6-speed off road 4x4 Do they not exist?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by vondy:
Has anyone bought an xterra from a dealer across the country and had them deliver it? I'm trying to figure away of getting around having to go through my dealer because I'm afraid they are not going to want to get one though another dealer. And there is no way I'm going to make a road trip from Denver to Dallas anytime soon.

Just curious.

Thanks
You could do it, and pay alot of money for transport....

#535629 - 11/09/05 02:12 PM Re: 6-speed off road 4x4 Do they not exist?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Manual Trans OR's are rare as rocking horse shit at the moment. Maybe when the 06's hit the lots there will be more around!

After spending a day yesterday riding co-pilot in an auto-trans OR while doing some wheeling, I might be persuaded to drive an auto. 3 more months until I get mine tho, so we'll see if there are any manual trans OR's around then.

#535630 - 11/09/05 05:35 PM Re: 6-speed off road 4x4 Do they not exist?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have a 6MT OR, but I didn't buy it in NY where I live. I bought it in MA where they were willing to order one for me. The NYC dealers wouldn't do it. The few that I saw in the tristate area had options that I didn't want or wanted to pay for. Nor were the dealers willing to bargain.

#535631 - 11/09/05 07:59 PM Re: 6-speed off road 4x4 Do they not exist?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Was looking for this model and got lucky, the dealer was just about to bring one in. I saw it listed in their inventory through the official nissanusa site. As a matter of fact when i called them they didnt even know it was on the way. It is interesting to note that although dealers say they know of every single car in the are its probably not quite true. Im saying this because at first i tried to go through carsdirect.com, which offers prices 1.5-2 grand lower then the dealers do. Carsdirect seem to have a different database because they were giving me the models of different colors and options then what the nissan dealer named. Give carsdirect a shot. Also i think if you take an S model and put utility package (which includes the power) then the only difference from OR is shocks and skid plates. Well i dont know how much the shocks are, but the skid plates are quite cheap ( at least when i searched for genuine nissan accessories i saw the plates for like as low as 40 dollars i thick. Good luck, i've only had mine for a week, but i LOVE it.

#535632 - 11/09/05 09:58 PM Re: 6-speed off road 4x4 Do they not exist?
Anonymous
Unregistered

>>are rare as rocking horse shit <<

Have not heard that expression in years !!!

#535633 - 12/09/05 12:32 AM Re: 6-speed off road 4x4 Do they not exist?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I live in Southern New Mexico; but I still went to Denver to find my 6-speed OR. Check them out. The $300-$800 for shipping might be worth it to get yours when you want it. Then again, waiting might pay off too. I used John Elway Nissan South by the way. My Salesman was David; really good guy, but a little forgetful. Good luck on your search. [ThumbsUp]

#535634 - 12/09/05 10:22 AM Re: 6-speed off road 4x4 Do they not exist?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Philso:
>>are rare as rocking horse shit <<

Have not heard that expression in years !!!
Well you are from the Eastern side of the Atlantic too! So I thought you would have probably heard that one before smile

#535635 - 16/09/05 06:44 PM Re: 6-speed off road 4x4 Do they not exist?
Anonymous
Unregistered

i work at douglas nissan in henderson.... we have three 6spd 4wd offrd xterras in inventory right now! I considered this xterra to be one of the most difficult to get... if your interested let me know!

#535636 - 16/09/05 06:55 PM Re: 6-speed off road 4x4 Do they not exist?
Anonymous
Unregistered

actually douglas nissan (las vegas) has two... both superblack... one has vdc pkg,incabin microfilter, auto dimming rear wiew, nevada tow pkg, floor mats, splash guards. The other hasvdc pkg, in cabin microfilter, rockford fosgate stereo, auto dimming rear view, floor mats, nevada tow pkg, protestion pkg, sirius sattelite radio, and splash guards... just letting you know

#535637 - 17/09/05 06:51 PM Re: 6-speed off road 4x4 Do they not exist?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Vondy!
I spoke with our new car manager today, we will be getting a smoke, and a white one as well in the next week... we can get one to you, so if you would like to talk to me further about it, just send me a private message. I will be more than happy to get you the xterra you want. I know when I bought mine I made sure I got exactly what I wanted.

#535638 - 18/09/05 03:47 PM Re: 6-speed off road 4x4 Do they not exist?
Anonymous
Unregistered

One of my local dealers here in Phoenix just picked up 2. Both fricken black, which I really didn't want. If all goes well this week and the promotion is confirmed as I expect it'll either be a Black Manual Trans with the Rockford Audio package, or a Yellow Auto without the Audio. Other than that the 2 are pretty much the same, so the price is very similar.

#535639 - 18/09/05 04:15 PM Re: 6-speed off road 4x4 Do they not exist?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Funny. When I went to buy my X, I accepted the fact that I was going to have to settle for the Auto Transmission and the S model. However, when I went to the dealer my wife was walking the lot and said I like this one. Bam! It was a Brawn Red 6-spd OR edition. I felt like the luckiest man on earth. Needless to say my wife wishes I got the Auto. All previous dealers claimed none existed in the area.

Good Luck!

#535640 - 18/09/05 08:45 PM Re: 6-speed off road 4x4 Do they not exist?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Greetings. New to the forum but just purchased 6 speed manual off road edition 4x4 in silver 2 days ago. Purchased from dealership about 80 miles from my home. None of the closer dealerships in southwest Florida had what I was looking for. I agree with the previous "feeling lucky" statement.

#535641 - 19/09/05 09:09 PM Re: 6-speed off road 4x4 Do they not exist?
Anonymous
Unregistered

you guys got really lucky... I work for Nissan and don't understand why they wouldn't produce more 6spd OR 4wd's... Many people ask for them...

#535642 - 20/09/05 05:37 AM Re: 6-speed off road 4x4 Do they not exist?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Because American's are not very big on driving a standard shift truck or car. At least not in the Northeast.

My brother is looking to replace his Toy truck and is having problems locating a new 4x4 Taco with a manual.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal