2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#54051 - 19/04/06 06:41 PM '02-'04 SE Titanium Painted Door Panel (Xterraparts.com)
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
Not sure where to post this, but since it's a "part" that I just ordered and received, I figured here was the best place. The titanium colored paint on my '02 SE was coming off (like many others have experienced) so I decided to replace it since it was getting so bad. Anyway, I ordered this part from xterraparts.com and it came different than the one in my X. The one in my X has more of a glossy finish while this one that I just received is like a flat paint. I compared the part numbers underneath and they read the same. Does anyone know why this is and/or did xterraparts.com (Courtesy Nissan) not finish painting it correctly - or Nissan if that's where it really came from?

#54052 - 19/04/06 09:38 PM Re: '02-'04 SE Titanium Painted Door Panel (Xterraparts.com)
BigE515 Offline

Loc: Chelmsford,MA
Maybe it's for a different model (XE) ? No clue. confused

#54053 - 20/04/06 06:37 AM Re: '02-'04 SE Titanium Painted Door Panel (Xterraparts.com)
NismoXse02 Offline

I don't know, I don't own an XE but I thought those were black. This seems to be painted in the titanium color, just without the gloss. I could be wrong and maybe they did send me one for the XE. Can someone with an XE chime in?

#54054 - 20/04/06 10:22 AM Re: '02-'04 SE Titanium Painted Door Panel (Xterraparts.com)
Anonymous
Unregistered

I checked mine and its black. I'm pretty sure I have an XE

#54055 - 21/04/06 12:53 PM Re: '02-'04 SE Titanium Painted Door Panel (Xterraparts.com)
NismoXse02 Offline

Well, this is new. This is what I heard back:
Quote:
Apparently, that is the right part for your VIN and application. We pulled
another one off the shelf, and the finish is the same as the one you were
sent. None of them are glossy. For some reason Nissan does not list any other
finishes so it might be all they offer now.
What would you like to do? I can refund you the price of the part or you can
send it back, but I'm afraid Nissan no longer carries glossy models.
Please let me know.
Thank you
[Freak] confused

#54056 - 21/04/06 01:46 PM Re: '02-'04 SE Titanium Painted Door Panel (Xterraparts.com)
Anonymous
Unregistered

I replaced both of those on mine and they arrived flat with almost a rough finish. They've since smoothed up a bit and do look a bit gloosier, not rough anymore. One did it almost over a weekend and really unevenly, though, because I replaced it right before a road trip and it glossed up right where she would rest her leg, so maybe regular contact does it?

#54057 - 21/04/06 01:50 PM Re: '02-'04 SE Titanium Painted Door Panel (Xterraparts.com)
NismoXse02 Offline

Thanks for the response. So you think this is the right part and it will look like what I described once it ages a little with contact?

#54058 - 21/04/06 02:05 PM Re: '02-'04 SE Titanium Painted Door Panel (Xterraparts.com)
Anonymous
Unregistered

That kind of what it sounds like. I mean, I originally thought, oh great, my armrest is all jacked up after one weekend. I was sitting there trying to clean the area with all kinds of stuff thinking that the sunscreen on my GFs leg had just messed up the finish, but now in hindsight both sides seem to be smoother -- that side especially. I just went down there and looked again, and it is the dark gray, but I think I remember it being rougher to the touch when I replaced them.

We've got the same year and everything, and they only came either silver or dark gray. I bought my X used, and the previous owner took it upon themself to spray paint some of the trim silver (with overspray showing -- just a shitty job, don't know why he did it), so I just replaced those parts all at once.

#54059 - 21/04/06 02:13 PM Re: '02-'04 SE Titanium Painted Door Panel (Xterraparts.com)
BlueSky Offline

Loc: Georgia
I have an '02 SE that I bought new and that part is 1) the titanium color and 2) more flat than glossy in finish. Glad to know the part is inexpensive and available since a lot of the paint has worn off the driver's side. I may just paint 'em flat black.

#54060 - 24/04/06 09:29 AM Re: '02-'04 SE Titanium Painted Door Panel (Xterraparts.com)
NismoXse02 Offline

Well, just to give an update, I told him that I would now have to buy the other one (drivers side) if I was going to have them match. Much to my delight, Oliver (the guy I've been working with) told me to make the order online and let him know and he would refund the shipping charge. Sadly, they raised the prices of those parts (we're only talking about $3). It was weird... Monday I bought it at $11.66 and Friday it was raised to $14.11. I asked him about it and he said Nissan just raised their prices across the board - FYI.

#54061 - 24/04/06 12:34 PM Re: '02-'04 SE Titanium Painted Door Panel (Xterraparts.com)
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've replaced mine before, about a year ago, and they were a flat finish. The Orignals on the truck were flat too. Not sure why yours are gloss? Maybe someone tried to prevent the flaking, by painting it?

#54062 - 24/04/06 01:47 PM Re: '02-'04 SE Titanium Painted Door Panel (Xterraparts.com)
NismoXse02 Offline

I'm the first/original owner... drove it off the lot with like one mile on it. smile

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal