shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#541104 - 14/03/07 11:01 AM xterra buttons
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just recently purchased a 2007 off road desert stone xterra. There's a couple buttons that aren't being used and I was wondering if anyone knows where I could buy those buttons as switches to be used for whatever I need (ie hella lights switch, garage door opener and what not)

#541105 - 14/03/07 11:59 AM Re: xterra buttons
Anonymous
Unregistered

I use the buttons from 4x4mods.com. They have a pretty good selection. One note, however, is that the LED on the backlit buttons doesn't last terribly long.

#541106 - 14/03/07 12:24 PM Re: xterra buttons
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oh yea, forgot to mention too, I'm also looking to put in some AC outlets but want it to look OEM. any ideas?

#541107 - 14/03/07 02:33 PM Re: xterra buttons
Anonymous
Unregistered

In the front, there isn't much room for AC outlets. You might be able to squeeze a dual receptical on the passanger side of the center console. I have been looking into this, and I think I am going to mount the inverter to the bottom of the passanger seat and then run an extension cord with a receptical on the end up the center console to a small spot just to the right of the tray infront of the shifter.

#541108 - 14/03/07 11:09 PM Re: xterra buttons
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yea, i was thinking that too. When I bought the xterra i was also looking at the FJ. I really like how the integrated the sockets in the car. You think you can buy the adapters and cut a hole in the center console to make it look very clean? I realy just want to know where you can buy the socket?

#541109 - 18/03/07 08:30 AM Re: xterra buttons
Anonymous
Unregistered

There was a mod for the 1st Gen X where the outlets / invertor were mounted in the rear cargo area. I guess in the 1st Gen there was a bunch of space behind the panels back there. Who's taken off the plastic in the cargo area? Would need to see how much space we have in the 2nd gen to see if you could squeeze an invertor and outlet back there.

#541110 - 19/03/07 09:20 PM Re: xterra buttons
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think the inverter won't be that much of a problem to find a spot for it. It's the acutally plugs i'm having trouble finding. I know i could go to home depot and pick up a socket but that just looks ugly

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal