2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#542843 - 21/09/05 09:21 PM 55% of Xterra buyers are female
Anonymous
Unregistered

Does that sound right? Is Xterra a "chick's SUV"?

Quote:
Ward\'s Auto World, Feb 1, 2005

When Nissan North America launched its Xterra midsize SUV in 1999 as an '00 model, it aimed the vehicle solely at college- and post-graduate-aged men.

Nissan figured the vehicle's sporty, muscular styling, in combination with its off-road abilities, would appeal to this audience, affordably priced at about $18,000.

However, Nissan now admits the vehicle actually sells better to women (55% of buyers are female), and their average age is about 37, as opposed to the targeted mid-to-late 20s demographic.

#542844 - 21/09/05 09:36 PM Re: 55% of Xterra buyers are female
Anonymous
Unregistered

Its totally a "chick's SUV". The vast majority of X's I see on the road are driven by women 25-35. Right up there with the VW Jetta. :p

#542845 - 21/09/05 11:04 PM Re: 55% of Xterra buyers are female
Rickster43 Offline

Loc: San Antonio,Texas
Over here in SA...the majority of X Drivers are Women...go figure...

"The Universe without Music would be Madness"...

#542846 - 22/09/05 12:53 AM Re: 55% of Xterra buyers are female
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey, my husband talked me into it- I wanted the Altima, but it wasn't hard, if I had to have an SUV, I wanted a Nissan! It fit me, I am petite, we both like the styling and the feel of it.

#542847 - 22/09/05 03:13 AM Re: 55% of Xterra buyers are female
Anonymous
Unregistered

We were looking at replacing my wife's 97 Exploder Sport 5 speed. My wife refuses to drive a slush-box and the Xterra was one of the few SUV's out there with manual transmission. Not the only reason for buying it, but a big one.

#542848 - 22/09/05 06:19 AM Re: 55% of Xterra buyers are female
Anonymous
Unregistered

most of the X's i see here (05s included) are women, i seem to have the only xterra in this area that has seen dirt...i actually saw a black 01 the other day with i think were 19" black rims :rolleyes: and yea it was 4wd...but i love the people that buy the OR and have no idea what theyre sittin on, when they hear locker they probably think, "sweet, it has more storage stuff in the back"

#542849 - 22/09/05 06:36 AM Re: 55% of Xterra buyers are female
Anonymous
Unregistered

That sounds about right. Seems like about 50% of the Xs i see around here are driven by a female. Probably also explains why I get very few folks wavin back at me. laugh

#542850 - 22/09/05 07:22 AM Re: 55% of Xterra buyers are female
Anonymous
Unregistered

So does that mean the X is a "Chick Magnet"? wink

#542851 - 22/09/05 07:36 AM Re: 55% of Xterra buyers are female
Anonymous
Unregistered

Why do you think they switched to push button 4x4? It's not the average male that cant figure that out. And yes around Omaha its mainly a soccer mom mobile or 25-35 year old chick car.

#542852 - 22/09/05 07:48 AM Re: 55% of Xterra buyers are female
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ya know, I am a big fan of the electronic 4wd and I am a manly man smile

That being said yeah, there are a lot of female X drivers. There are three X's in the parking garage at work, they are all driven by women. But you know what, who cares.

#542853 - 22/09/05 08:41 AM Re: 55% of Xterra buyers are female
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Muzikman:
Ya know, I am a big fan of the electronic 4wd and I am a manly man smile

That being said yeah, there are a lot of female X drivers. There are three X's in the parking garage at work, they are all driven by women. But you know what, who cares.
yea i think you sum it up well...who cares....not to bring this off topic, my buddies mom just bought a brand new 05 Taco with the TRD offroad package...prior to that she owned a Wrangler for 2-3 years, she was afraid to hit potholes with it, she was CONVICED it would destroy her suspension, it was in 4hi once and never got shifted to 4low, she wouldnt drive it in snow because she was afraid she would get stuck or something, now the same with her taco, refused to put stuff in the bed because it'll scratch it, i asked her if she would follow me down a dirt road with a couple small mud puddles (seriously like the size of a large pot hole) she started laughing saying haha "yea right, bring that thing (points to the taco) down a dirt road through mud and get it dinged and scratched, and break it, i dont think so, i dont beat the piss out of my vehicle like you do"...yea i beat the piss outta my x :rolleyes: i take it where it loves to be, off the pavement getting covered in mud

#542854 - 22/09/05 09:00 AM Re: 55% of Xterra buyers are female
Anonymous
Unregistered

If 55% of X owners are women, this discussion group seems to have a lot more men them women! Is it because talking about our car/truck is a men thing? It could be fun to have more women in here, just to have different points of view!

#542855 - 22/09/05 09:18 AM Re: 55% of Xterra buyers are female
Anonymous
Unregistered

So does that mean we're all girlie men?

Gotta go for now - I'll check in when I get back from getting my nails done.

#542856 - 22/09/05 10:09 AM Re: 55% of Xterra buyers are female
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by 05_X:
So does that mean we're all girlie men?

Gotta go for now - I'll check in when I get back from getting my nails done.
I have already states, I am a manly man! smile

#542857 - 22/09/05 12:51 PM Re: 55% of Xterra buyers are female
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think that SUV=Chick. . . I don't know why, but all the SUVs out there that I can think of are chick SUVs, the only one I thought was manly was the Xterra and I guess I was a little off on that one. . . .????

#542858 - 22/09/05 06:19 PM Re: 55% of Xterra buyers are female
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think 55% is a skewed, inaccurate statistic.
Here’s my theory on a trend that could heinously skew said statistic:

A guy and girl get married. Life is good. UNTIL… the guy has to drive the lame car the woman brought into the marriage, he says. “this thing sucks and it has to go”.
So they trade it in for an Xterra - the man’s idea, but since the thing is a chick magnet, of course she agrees (being a chick and all). Since they are trading in the wife’s vehicle, title has her name on it, registration (again her name) gets transferred, so although both use it, it appears as if this truck was bought by a woman, when really that’s not quite the case.

While this is quite possibly the stupidest thing I have ever posted, it actually happened to me in my first marriage. I had a 86 Integra, she had a stripped down basic Sentra.
I had to drive that thing for 2 days for some reason, and said screw this.
We sold it, and bought a used Miata. (that was about the only thing she ever thanked me for). That was “our” car, but was in her name.

#542859 - 22/09/05 07:30 PM Re: 55% of Xterra buyers are female
Anonymous
Unregistered

Excuse me, but I am a manly man who does masculine things in a masculine manner, and I'll just scratch the eyes out of any old queen who says different!
[LOL]

#542860 - 22/09/05 08:43 PM Re: 55% of Xterra buyers are female
Rickster43 Offline

Loc: San Antonio,Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by Wizard:
Excuse me, but I am a manly man who does masculine things in a masculine manner, and I'll just scratch the eyes out of any old queen who says different!
[LOL]
Huh ? [Huh?] confused

"The Universe without Music would be Madness"...

#542861 - 22/09/05 08:56 PM Re: 55% of Xterra buyers are female
Anonymous
Unregistered

Its my wife that had me pull in the Nissan lot to go see the Xterra...

#542862 - 22/09/05 10:35 PM Re: 55% of Xterra buyers are female
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by 05_X:
I think 55% is a skewed, inaccurate statistic.
Here’s my theory on a trend that could heinously skew said statistic:

A guy and girl get married. Life is good. UNTIL… the guy has to drive the lame car the woman brought into the marriage, he says. “this thing sucks and it has to go”.
So they trade it in for an Xterra - the man’s idea, but since the thing is a chick magnet, of course she agrees (being a chick and all). Since they are trading in the wife’s vehicle, title has her name on it, registration (again her name) gets transferred, so although both use it, it appears as if this truck was bought by a woman, when really that’s not quite the case.

While this is quite possibly the stupidest thing I have ever posted, it actually happened to me in my first marriage. I had a 86 Integra, she had a stripped down basic Sentra.
I had to drive that thing for 2 days for some reason, and said screw this.
We sold it, and bought a used Miata. (that was about the only thing she ever thanked me for). That was “our” car, but was in her name.
Not stupid, my current car wasn't what I "brought" into out marriage- that was my Pulsar! smile , but my current car is on it's last legs. I did want a Nissan, hubby has a Nissan pickup, I wanted an Altima, but he talked me into an SUV. We love the styling and fit of Nissans. At the Dealership I sat in an Xterra and am glad that's what we got! Both our names are on title and reg, mine's first! wink It will be my primary vehicle, but the 4WD is his toy, he's already put 700 miles on it!

#542863 - 26/09/05 12:58 PM Re: 55% of Xterra buyers are female
Anonymous
Unregistered

This statistic doesn't apply to the '05 forum: The older Xterra was a chick car (yeah, it didn't have truck chasis, so I call it a "car").

Nissan did a consious effort to make it more macho during the 2005 redesign, with snubby nose, bigger flares and all. (This was mentioned during the launch in NYC). We will have to wait and see if the redesign changed the skewed-numbers.

#542864 - 26/09/05 01:04 PM Re: 55% of Xterra buyers are female
GrayHam Offline

The Xterra is definitely a "chick SUV".

When I'm not menstruating, I'm driving my Xterra.

God bless the neoprene seatcovers! [ThumbsUp]

#542865 - 26/09/05 01:15 PM Re: 55% of Xterra buyers are female
Huey Offline

Loc: Hayward, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Montu:
...The older Xterra was a chick car (yeah, it didn't have truck chasis, so I call it a "car").
huh? What would you call the part that the slider is bolted onto here?

#542866 - 26/09/05 01:16 PM Re: 55% of Xterra buyers are female
Anonymous
Unregistered

Montu,
The xterra is built on the frontier chassis, so it is most definately a truck. Much more so than the majority of the other soccer mom suvs.

#542867 - 26/09/05 06:41 PM Re: 55% of Xterra buyers are female
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Montu:
This statistic doesn't apply to the '05 forum: The older Xterra was a chick car (yeah, it didn't have truck chasis, so I call it a "car").

Nissan did a consious effort to make it more macho during the 2005 redesign, with snubby nose, bigger flares and all. (This was mentioned during the launch in NYC). We will have to wait and see if the redesign changed the skewed-numbers.
Hey, I'm female, and I don't find this 2005 design to be "macho". I think it's cute and sporty looking. First SUV I've really liked, I've resisted being an SUV mom until now, but if thinking it's macho makes you feel better... :rolleyes:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal