2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#542868 - 27/09/05 01:19 PM Re: 55% of Xterra buyers are female
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by PANissanX:
Montu,
The xterra is built on the frontier chassis, so it is most definately a truck. Much more so than the majority of the other soccer mom suvs.
Sorry - confusion on my part. I confused Frontier for a Sedan.

#542869 - 27/09/05 01:21 PM Re: 55% of Xterra buyers are female
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by LinasK:
Quote:
Originally posted by Montu:
[b]This statistic doesn't apply to the '05 forum: The older Xterra was a chick car (yeah, it didn't have truck chasis, so I call it a "car").

Nissan did a consious effort to make it more macho during the 2005 redesign, with snubby nose, bigger flares and all. (This was mentioned during the launch in NYC). We will have to wait and see if the redesign changed the skewed-numbers.
Hey, I'm female, and I don't find this 2005 design to be "macho". I think it's cute and sporty looking. First SUV I've really liked, I've resisted being an SUV mom until now, but if thinking it's macho makes you feel better... :rolleyes: [/b]
The macho thing are not my words: I think the new X is bolder and sporty, but if I was chasing macho I would have gone for Hummer 3.
These are the thoughts of Nissan design team.

#542870 - 29/09/05 05:21 PM Re: 55% of Xterra buyers are female
Anonymous
Unregistered

The reason i got my X is becasue my buddys ExGirlfriend had a 02 SE SC and i loved it.

#542871 - 30/09/05 03:16 AM Re: 55% of Xterra buyers are female
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok, so it's a "chick car"... a "cute ute"... get over it.

Around here (south of mason dixon line) most of the jeeps and SUVs (including those awful H2s) are driven by women. Men drive TRUCKS... with an open bed. Full size preferable, compact pickups or imports are eyed with some suspicion.

#542872 - 30/09/05 08:13 PM Re: 55% of Xterra buyers are female
Anonymous
Unregistered

Okay, chicks dig my ride. That's a problem how? Must have missed it somehow. Oh, my girlfriend likes it too. She may end up buying one also. Again, so what?!!!

Beats having a rig that only me and a few of my fellow grease monkeys like.

Hell, even my dad bought one (before me!). Face it, it's a nice SUV that makes a lot of people want one.

#542873 - 02/10/05 09:43 PM Re: 55% of Xterra buyers are female
GrnXnham Offline

Loc: Tacoma, WA
Quote:
Originally posted by 05_X:
I think 55% is a skewed, inaccurate statistic.
Here’s my theory on a trend that could heinously skew said statistic:

Gotta agree that stats can be skewed. We bought the X for both my wife and I. She drives it to work because she doesn't want to drive a pickup with a canopy on it. :rolleyes: When we both drive somewhere together, I am the driver of the X. For stats purposes, she probably gets credit for being the driver of the X because she drives it everyday for work--however as the driver when we are both in it, I put more miles on the X than she does.

#542874 - 02/10/05 11:02 PM Re: 55% of Xterra buyers are female
Rickster43 Offline

Loc: San Antonio,Texas
The Xterra is Co-ed...That's Cool... cool I rather see Nice-Lookin' Chicks drive X's, than Sissy-Boys...

"The Universe without Music would be Madness"...

#542875 - 03/10/05 06:29 AM Re: 55% of Xterra buyers are female
BlueSky Offline

Loc: Georgia
Quote:
Originally posted by Rickster43:
The Xterra is Co-ed...That's Cool... cool I rather see Nice-Lookin' Chicks drive X's, than Sissy-Boys...
Yeah, if the chicks are cute it probably doesn't even matter if they have a 4x2... wink

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal