shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#542967 - 06/10/07 02:50 PM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

This is my first post, so cut me some slack while I stumble around this site. I believe limowreck has so many misconceptions about peoples motives for how they conduct their lives, that any rebuttal will fall on deaf ears. That being said, it's still worth a try. I just bought an 07 X, traded my 99 Cherokee on it. I drive 500-600 miles a week, through the Lake Erie snow belt, to the job site my employer assigned me to. Much of this is on Pa. rural roads, I must carry work clothes, safety gear, manuals, tools etc. There is no excuse, except closed roads, for not getting to where they need me. I don't wheel, hike, hunt-no free time.There are many, many reasons why people drive what they do. Vanity or stupidity is seldom the cause of the decision, in most cases necessity rules. As to assigning blame, or predicting the future, give it up-you're not that smart. No one is. Try a little more tolerance, less judgment. People are worth the effort.

#542968 - 06/10/07 04:37 PM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

If gas hits $6 a gallon there's just going to be fewer drivers on the roads between me and off road locations.

Around town there is always the option for a smaller two seater that gets good gas mileage.

Life is too short to spend it in a Yugo.

#542969 - 06/10/07 10:03 PM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

I hate to kill this endless thread, but nice pic's, your X looks good! [ThumbsUp] lj

#542970 - 07/10/07 09:55 AM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by limowreck:
When I bought my X gas prices under $2 per gallon. If I had known things would get this bad I would have never have bought it. I compensate by driving less and only when necessary. My 2005 X only has 7600 miles on it. In fact, I will soon be putting it on the market.

Sorry to sound so self-righteous, but:

I can't understand why the demand for SUVs is still so high. With gas prices the way they are and how badly things are going in Iraq, not to mention all this talk about attacking Iran, I wonder why I'm still seeing all these SUVs on the road (including X's) with new dealer plates on them. When the attack on Iran comes, expect prices to shoot up to at least $6-7 per gallon. All indications show an (unprovoked) attack on Iran is inevitable.

Even without another war, more SUVs on the road raises the demand for gas even more, and therefore makes gas prices go up even higher. Its a vicious cycle.

Are American consumers just mindless, self-centered idiots or what? Are we capable of paying attention to anything beyond our own little bubble? I don't like to advocate violence, but sometimes I feel that people who are still buying SUVs or any gas-guzzling vehicle at this time should be kicked upside the head and get some badly needed sense knocked into them.

*end of rant*
So what is your DU ID???

Really my wife drives ours 7 miles a day, we can afford it. I also have a YJ with SOA and 33's you don't see me driving it to work, (270 miles this year so far) I have a Accord that gets 34mpg for my DD.

About your liberal part of your rant, it's nice you're able to read the democrat talking points that the DNC hands out.

Give it up...Al Gore isn't going to run in 2008.

#542971 - 11/10/07 05:11 PM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

Is there somewhere to vote to have a thread locked?
This one smells.

#542972 - 04/11/07 03:59 AM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by limowreck:
[QB]gas prices will still climb ever higher due to the continued US presence in Iraq

Actually, if you did research on prevailing market forces, instead of mindlessly quoting something you read on "The Internet," you would know that current oil prices are due to unregulated speculation in energy commodities.

If you look at world supply, transportation and refining capacities, and true demand, you would see that theres no reason for oil to be more than $55 a barrel right now. Infact, the Department of Energy is reporting supply in crude is rising. Explain that, could you?

So before you go blaming the "US Presence In Iraq" like so many Sheeple out there, open your eyes, and do some homework.

To quote Jules from Pulp Fiction, "You wanna play the blind man, go walk with a Shepherd. But me, my eyes are wide fuckin' open."

#542973 - 04/11/07 11:34 AM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
DocNo Offline

Loc: NoVA
Eh, don't like the gas prices, get a different car. No one says you have to have a new one either. I picked up a 16 year old Miata with 192K miles on it for $1500. It runs great, get's 30+ on the highway when I commute and is a blast to drive.

The gas savings of commuting in the Miata easily pays for it (only basic insurance, taxes and registration since I paid cash for it) and I have the flexibility of two vehicles. Plus the top goes down cool

I have no intention of selling my X - heck, I have to fill it up with premium! Premium was well under $2 a gallon when I bought - go whine somwhere else [Finger]

#542974 - 04/11/07 12:04 PM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

Who dug this bitch out of the grave?!?!

#542975 - 07/11/07 01:10 PM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by 05XterraS:
So since limowreck started this huge thread, tell us dude, have you sold your X-Terra in favor of a Mountain Bike and a Vespa, moved to Washington and now use solar power on your roof? Seriously, it appears you sold your X so what do you drive now and where did ya move to?
I'm in Seattle now. I live close to my job downtown, so I'm no big hurry to get another car anytime soon. Beautiful city with a great public transportation system.

So glad to be out of fugly-ass Califernia---the home of fast food, stupid car culture, and people who are as fake and pretentious as their plastic boobs.

#542976 - 07/11/07 10:03 PM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

This thread sucks rocks.
[ThumbsDown] [ThumbsDown] [ThumbsDown]
Can we lock it? or delete it??

#542977 - 07/11/07 10:31 PM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

Good bye, CA will not miss you. Enjoy nuclear winter in the great northwest...BTW, the worst urban planning in the US, just wait until you need to make it to the east side sometime and find out that they have not built anything in 20 years.

Bye bye, we will not miss you.

#542978 - 10/11/07 11:16 PM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by 05XterraS:
Good bye, CA will not miss you. Enjoy nuclear winter in the great northwest...BTW, the worst urban planning in the US, just wait until you need to make it to the east side sometime and find out that they have not built anything in 20 years.

Bye bye, we will not miss you.
Nah, Seattle is considered a model of urban planning. One of the most truly beautiful cities in the US.

Are there any cities in California that could be considered beautiful? San Francisco perhaps? Though much of San Francisco consists of slums and high crime, and downtown areas are overrun with the homeless.

But every other city is practically a carbon copy of each other. That is, consisting of basically endless miles of parking lots, chain-store and suburban sprawl. Some people might call that great wonderful. I call it sterile and mind-numbing.

You can be randomly dropped in a hundred different cities in CA, and you'd be hard-pressed to tell 99% of them apart.

Yeah, but ain't it fun commuting two hours to work every morning in a4-ton SUV? Isn't that the highlight of any real Californian's day? Ahh yes the thrill of that bi-weekly visit to the gas station, emptying your wallets and purses at the gas pump. All for the privilege of cruising around and posing in your 4-wheel behemoth, looking like a pretentious douchebag. O joy! [LOL]

Well, whatever makes people happy. Go ahead and enjoy that soul-less work 'til you drop, fast food and Wal-Mart culture. If you can call it a culture. Not to mention all those wonderful year round wild fires and earthquakes to look forward to. Look on the bright side. At least there's something to break up the mind-numbing monotony.

#542979 - 11/11/07 04:26 AM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by limowreck: Well, whatever makes people happy. Go ahead and enjoy that soul-less work 'til you drop, fast food and Wal-Mart culture. If you can call it a culture. Not to mention all those wonderful year round wild fires and earthquakes to look forward to. Look on the bright side. At least there's something to break up the mind-numbing monotony.
Sounds like someone needs to get out of the states just to see how well off they really are...

#542980 - 15/11/07 09:47 PM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

The Puget sound is the worst. Lets look at the 520 bridge, a good storm can knock it out overnight. The 405 is the worst, no major freeways built in 25 years. Seattle is the worst, period!!!!!

#542981 - 15/11/07 09:52 PM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

and BTW, I live in Half Moon Bay, a sleepy coastal town where fresh salmon and crab is bought from the local fisherman, you can leave your car door unlocked and overall it is a great place to live. I work for Microsoft, I'm here alot. Enjoy nuclear winter up here, clearly you needed a change and Seattle ain't the worst place to live.

#542982 - 15/11/07 09:56 PM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

Limowreck,

Good for you. Live where you're happy.

We are all glad that you're in Seattle. Because everybody knows that Seattle is such a good freaking place. Best city in the world in fact. I would like to thank you personally for moving out of CA. The more people follow your steps, the better!

We will continue to off-road in our rigs and enjoy women with fake boobs. Life it too short!

#542983 - 16/11/07 01:42 PM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Rudy*:
Quote:
[b]
Sounds like someone needs to get out of the states just to see how well off they really are...
[/b]
You mean to say, we should be proud because we're better off than Africa and Mexico?
Wow, such high standards those Californians have, huh? I'm impressed.

#542984 - 18/11/07 07:17 AM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wonder if this guy also believes algore should ban Christmas lights?

#542985 - 18/11/07 08:29 AM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

cool -Yo LIMO, I really feel the pain, of the Flora and Fauna, every time I go out to the Boonies (often)--

--When I can afford a New FORD HYBRID EXPEDITION, I'll probably--

--Go to Montana fishing instead of getting rid of my poor mileage SUV--

--Hell, I probably wouda voted for Gore, if he had wion--

-- [Wave] [Wave] CHEERS (we'l leave the light on for ya--JIMBO

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal