2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#542892 - 21/09/07 11:25 PM I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

When I bought my X gas prices under $2 per gallon. If I had known things would get this bad I would have never have bought it. I compensate by driving less and only when necessary. My 2005 X only has 7600 miles on it. In fact, I will soon be putting it on the market.

Sorry to sound so self-righteous, but:

I can't understand why the demand for SUVs is still so high. With gas prices the way they are and how badly things are going in Iraq, not to mention all this talk about attacking Iran, I wonder why I'm still seeing all these SUVs on the road (including X's) with new dealer plates on them. When the attack on Iran comes, expect prices to shoot up to at least $6-7 per gallon. All indications show an (unprovoked) attack on Iran is inevitable.

Even without another war, more SUVs on the road raises the demand for gas even more, and therefore makes gas prices go up even higher. Its a vicious cycle.

Are American consumers just mindless, self-centered idiots or what? Are we capable of paying attention to anything beyond our own little bubble? I don't like to advocate violence, but sometimes I feel that people who are still buying SUVs or any gas-guzzling vehicle at this time should be kicked upside the head and get some badly needed sense knocked into them.

*end of rant*

#542893 - 22/09/07 05:41 AM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

Corect me if I'm wrong, but didn't you buy an SUV???? Yeah that's what I thought. YOu have the nerve to to go off on people buying SUV's when you yourslef own one???? Give me a break, you bought yours when gas prices were affordable and that was OK. Now that you maybe can't afford paying 3 bucks a gallon you get all self-righteous.

#542894 - 22/09/07 05:58 AM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
BlueSky Offline

Loc: Georgia
Quote:
Originally posted by limowreck:
Are American consumers just mindless, self-centered idiots or what?
Many are, yes.

I also find your rant quite odd considering you bought an X. The price of gas when you bought your vehicle is irrelevant - it still burns the same amount and that's far more than many other vehicles you could have purchased.

I'm very pro-environment, and I drive an SUV. A contradiction? Yes, but what I try to do is balance the situation by conserving energy wherever possible (driving my wife's more efficient vehicle when able, using compact fluorescent bulbs etc.), recycling everything (even carrying stuff home from work that would otherwise be tossed in the trash), contributing to conservation organizations, and so on.

My advice is to quit ranting and start doing something if you're not already.

#542895 - 22/09/07 06:36 AM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't own a SUV. But I've got a truck that gets roughly 8 mpg (when it's moveable...), and a just bought a car that gets a whopping 18 mpg... I guess I'm still one of your inconsiderate Americans...

I won't blow smoke up your arse and say I try to conserve either. I don't. Energy is dirt cheap in the USA, relatively speaking, and until somebody gives me a darn good reason why I should spend MORE money on the "socially responsible" things (like a crappy hybrid, florescent light bulbs, etc.), I'm not buying them. It's a waste of my money.

$3 a gallon is not really that bad. Go to Europe. Then you'll see how expensive fuel REALLY can be... Until it hits those kind of levels, car buying habits in the US aren't going to change.

#542896 - 22/09/07 07:44 AM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

You have a 2005 X w 7600 miles on it. So that is only 3800 miles per year.

You are bitching about gas prices breaking your bank and you only drive 3800 miles per year!!!

Quit your whining like a little bitch and sell it you priss. You could never afford it in the first place. [Finger]

#542897 - 22/09/07 07:55 AM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

why did you buy an SUV? Any specific reason? I'd imagine that any reason you give it not good enough considering you don't drive all that often. Maybe Americans need SUV's because were all fat and can't fit in passenger cars?

#542898 - 22/09/07 08:29 AM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

Whiny little bitch...grow a brain...asshats like you give the rest of us SUV owners a bad name.

#542899 - 22/09/07 08:55 AM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

Jeez. 3800 miles a year and you are bitchin.

I drive close to 30k a year or more and I'm not complaining. Why? Because I thought about it before I bought it. Yes, the pocket hurts sometimes but oh well.

Sell yours and be done with it. Someone's gonna get an awesome deal on an '05 with barely any miles and they will actually enjoy it.

#542900 - 22/09/07 10:24 AM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

i agree that many people buy SUV's because they are cool. I would suspect that is less the case with Xterras cause they are real 4X4's. I bought mine because I wanted to go off road, and for the added bonus of being able to pull a trailer. I also think that 16 in town and 21 on the highway is pretty good for an SUV with this kind of power. My first 4X4 was a Chevy pickup with a 454. It got 6 mpg loaded or unloaded, in town or on the road. That truck really sucked literally.

#542901 - 22/09/07 11:14 AM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

Reading things like this make me want to puke. I bought my X for some of the sports I participate in. It's great for hauling dive gear, bikes, skis, pretty much anything I decide I want to do. I certainly didn't buy it for the mileage, but it was a consideration when I was car shopping. If you can't afford it, don't buy it in the first place. Plain and simple. If you bought it and you discover you can't afford it, get rid of it and don't whine about it, just be done with it. We all made our decisions when we bought these vehicles, and from what I've read here, most are satisfied with the choices they made.

#542902 - 22/09/07 11:47 AM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

To admin:

I actually meant to put this thread in the off-topic section. Feel free to move it to the Clubhouse if you can. Thanks!

#542903 - 22/09/07 12:01 PM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Alpine Spirit:
You have a 2005 X w 7600 miles on it. So that is only 3800 miles per year.

You are bitching about gas prices breaking your bank and you only drive 3800 miles per year!!!

Quit your whining like a little bitch and sell it you priss. You could never afford it in the first place. [Finger]
I'm whining because I can't drive it as much as I would like to. Gas prices are bad now, but will get much worse.

If you bought the X if you need the 4 wheel drive features, you live in snow country or rough terrain, etc. that would be a perfectly legitimate reason to buy an X IMHO.

But out here in SoCal, where we have the highest gas prices in the nation and very fair weather, brand new X's are everywhere and there's really no reason for it other than personal vanity.

#542904 - 22/09/07 12:09 PM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by JMo:
Corect me if I'm wrong, but didn't you buy an SUV???? Yeah that's what I thought. YOu have the nerve to to go off on people buying SUV's when you yourslef own one???? Give me a break, you bought yours when gas prices were affordable and that was OK. Now that you maybe can't afford paying 3 bucks a gallon you get all self-righteous.
Well, I bought the X mainly for its excellent value, long list of standard features and relatively low price. I'm also an auto technician, so I can put all my expensive tools in the bed without worrying about theft. So to me the X is more like a covered truck with the security of an SUV, tinted windows, etc. People can't steal what they can't see.

#542905 - 22/09/07 12:26 PM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

So you join the xterra club to rag on us. You got a lot of nerve what response did you expect you dumb ass. Quit being a little bitch and get a better job so you can afford the X you bought or sell your X.Ya know what you should sell your X you do not deserve it.

#542906 - 22/09/07 12:40 PM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

This is probably not a good forum to tell everyone that has purchased a new X since you did, that we are all self centered, indulgent, gas guzzlers with big egos and no cares about our earth. I recycle, I combine trips, I'm concerned about the earth. I also like to rock hound, camp, and hike. If I want to get to the areas I'm interested in, I need 4WD! I could have gone Suburban or some such "tuna boat", but I tried to find the smallest 4wd vehicle that would work for me. I love my X, it's everything I hoped it would be, I hate the gas station, but there are things in life you don't like. As soon as they come out with a hybrid X, I will get in line for it, but in the meantime, I will enjoy the X I have. Regardless of where you intended to place your "rant", I would say anywhere on this forum you would be flamed. I honestly think that most people that have X's do love the wilderness and are eco friendly, and leave no footprints.(well I guess that doesn't apply to mud smile )Hey, if that gas thing is driving you crazy get a tiny car, but don't try to take it 4wheelin'. You pay for your idea of fun one way or the other. lj

#542907 - 22/09/07 01:16 PM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by slmh1296:
So you join the xterra club to rag on us. You got a lot of nerve what response did you expect you dumb ass. Quit being a little bitch and get a better job so you can afford the X you bought or sell your X.Ya know what you should sell your X you do not deserve it.
Nope. I joined the Xterra Club two years ago.
Things were a bit different then. I had no reason to 'bitch' until now. I can afford my X just fine. I just don't like giving my money to these crooked oil companies and politicians(dems and repubs alike) to feed their reckless war machine.

#542908 - 22/09/07 01:27 PM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
BlueSky Offline

Loc: Georgia
Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:
...until somebody gives me a darn good reason why I should spend MORE money on the "socially responsible" things (like a crappy hybrid, florescent light bulbs, etc.), I'm not buying them. It's a waste of my money.

Bush and his Big Oil buddies must really love people like you. :rolleyes:

#542909 - 22/09/07 02:17 PM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by limowreck:
When I bought my X gas prices under $2 per gallon. If I had known things would get this bad I would have never have bought it. I compensate by driving less and only when necessary. My 2005 X only has 7600 miles on it. In fact, I will soon be putting it on the market.

Sorry to sound so self-righteous, but:

I can't understand why the demand for SUVs is still so high. With gas prices the way they are and how badly things are going in Iraq, not to mention all this talk about attacking Iran, I wonder why I'm still seeing all these SUVs on the road (including X's) with new dealer plates on them. When the attack on Iran comes, expect prices to shoot up to at least $6-7 per gallon. All indications show an (unprovoked) attack on Iran is inevitable.

Even without another war, more SUVs on the road raises the demand for gas even more, and therefore makes gas prices go up even higher. Its a vicious cycle.

Are American consumers just mindless, self-centered idiots or what? Are we capable of paying attention to anything beyond our own little bubble? I don't like to advocate violence, but sometimes I feel that people who are still buying SUVs or any gas-guzzling vehicle at this time should be kicked upside the head and get some badly needed sense knocked into them.

*end of rant*
Sounds like moonbat needs to lay off the starbucks.....

#542910 - 22/09/07 02:21 PM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

[Crybaby] :rolleyes: [Finger]

typical "SoCal" crybaby..

#542911 - 22/09/07 07:24 PM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have an '06 with under 10K on it because I do not drive a lot. This makes me think...

Should I have a mint car that is used for expeditions and random trips and nothing else? Sometimes I feel bad for having a good car sitting w/o doing any work. Sometimes I love the fact that I can actually go to places w/o worrying that something will go bad to my car (diff issues aside). Hell, I will be honest with you: Sometimes I feel bad for idling in traffic and polluting the environment. But gas prices is something that I never think about.

Here is the deal: Buddy, it sounds like you got a car that you could not afford. If you bought car thinking that gas prices were going to stay the same, then shame on you. By my standards $3 for a gallon of gas is nothing. Take a look at world gas prices and you will see these prices are pretty damn low for an industrialized nation. If gas prices go higher, then all of us are screwed. Once gas reaches $6 per gallon, then being able to afford the X will be the last thing on your "to-worry-about" list.

I do agree with you on one thing -- it appears that most people have SUVs without any use for them. A month after I got a car, I put it through some roads in Death Valley. My friends thought that I was nuts for taking a brand new car into a harsh environment. "Why do you want to put scratches on it?" Well, becuase this car is a vehicle made for adventure. If you are not willing to use an SUV for its intended purpose, then I really do not understand why you would want one. I keep seeing these lowered SUVs and trucks on 22" with low profile tires and I can never understand their purpose. I don't want to destroy the car intentionally, but if life happens then it happens smile

You asked a question to which I don't have a definite answer. I suspect that people buy SUVs are divided into two groups:

1. People who will actually use them for something other than groceries. Outdorsy folks who like to hike, camp and do something in remote places, etc.

2. Folks who do not give a fuck. Be it because they are not smart enough to realize that an SUVs are not really safer than a sedan or because they like big cars and what they like is matters the most.

The X had a positive effect on me. The more I travel and see, the more I want to preserve the great outdoors. I started recycling and conserving energy. I don't drive to places I can reach within 40 minutes of walking and generally I became more aware of the environment and what needs to be done to save it. All these things happened because my car took me to places that are still more or less preserved. Now my motto is "If I don't need a 4LO, then there is no point to go."

On a separate note, if you drink bottled water, then you should probably not be complaining about gas prices. In many cases bottled water is more expensive than gas wink

#542912 - 23/09/07 04:35 PM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by whiterussian:

Here is the deal: Buddy, it sounds like you got a car that you could not afford. If you bought car thinking that gas prices were going to stay the same, then shame on you. By my standards $3 for a gallon of gas is nothing. Take a look at world gas prices and you will see these prices are pretty damn low for an industrialized nation. If gas prices go higher, then all of us are screwed. Once gas reaches $6 per gallon, then being able to afford the X will be the last thing on your "to-worry-about" list.

How many times do I have to say it? I paid cash for my X. I have a good job and I am debt free. Affording it has nothing to do with it.

But once the lunatics in our government decide to start World War 3 by invading Iran, which is probably inevitable at this point, then gas prices will of course double or even triple. At which point hardly anyone including myself will be able to afford the X. I want to get rid of mine before that happens. Because no one will want to buy an SUV when gas prices are at $8 per gallon.

What concerns me more than anything else is the extremely unstable situation in the ME caused by our reckless presence in Iraq, and the effects that will have here at home in the near future as a result. The situation is extremely bad and getting worse. People should wake up before its too late but I'm afraid most of us are more concerned about who's going to win the next American Idol then what's going on in the world around us.

#542913 - 23/09/07 05:44 PM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

limowreck, I see your point entirely. I'm perhaps in a similar situation. I also find it hard to get my head around driving my Xterra when it is so impractical and imprudent to do so. Back in the 1980s when gas was expensive (for its time) I drove VWs. Perfectly adequate transportation, practical and fun. Although nowadays I drive much less and earn much more I don't feel cool about doing my daily routine in an Xterra. A shame really, because my Xterra has been very reliable and secure transportation.

So will also be selling my Xterra in a few months. No idea on what will be its replacement but no doubt it will be considerably more fuel efficient.

_Lazza

#542914 - 23/09/07 06:13 PM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well there you have it, If all of us on this board sell our X's, we can save the world from world war 3. I'm convinced....dumb ass!!!

#542915 - 23/09/07 06:28 PM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

Okay, so you think that by selling your car you will prevent a war?

#542916 - 23/09/07 06:41 PM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

well if limowreck says it, then it must be true.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal