shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#542917 - 23/09/07 06:41 PM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

hell my X gets better gas mpg then the cougar sitting in the carport.I am saving money driving my ex and no matter what gas prices do you pay for it and keep going...

#542918 - 23/09/07 07:02 PM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

why would u be complaining about too many x's being on the road with a v-6 , when there are alot more gas guzzlers out there , uh lets see hummers ,tahoe's, basically any dodge ,

plus doesnt make sense to bag on an x ,on an x forum , but what do i know i have a frontier (basically same thing as an x )

#542919 - 23/09/07 07:24 PM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by limowreck:
Quote:
Originally posted by whiterussian:
[b]

Here is the deal: Buddy, it sounds like you got a car that you could not afford. If you bought car thinking that gas prices were going to stay the same, then shame on you. By my standards $3 for a gallon of gas is nothing. Take a look at world gas prices and you will see these prices are pretty damn low for an industrialized nation. If gas prices go higher, then all of us are screwed. Once gas reaches $6 per gallon, then being able to afford the X will be the last thing on your "to-worry-about" list.

How many times do I have to say it? I paid cash for my X. I have a good job and I am debt free. Affording it has nothing to do with it.

But once the lunatics in our government decide to start World War 3 by invading Iran, which is probably inevitable at this point, then gas prices will of course double or even triple. At which point hardly anyone including myself will be able to afford the X. I want to get rid of mine before that happens. Because no one will want to buy an SUV when gas prices are at $8 per gallon.

What concerns me more than anything else is the extremely unstable situation in the ME caused by our reckless presence in Iraq, and the effects that will have here at home in the near future as a result. The situation is extremely bad and getting worse. People should wake up before its too late but I'm afraid most of us are more concerned about who's going to win the next American Idol then what's going on in the world around us.[/b]
Let me guess, you believe everything the media spoonfeeds you, right? Here's an idea, sell your X, move to NYC preferably up by Columbia University that way you won't need a vehicle and you can be by the terrorist loving fruitcakes that invited the leader of one of the countries that hates us most to come speak and visit ground zero. I know you love them...

#542920 - 23/09/07 07:34 PM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have an ever better idea for a city boy. Carry your ass over to the ME for a couple of years visiting the different countries. Pretty sure you will see things differently.

MMC(SW) USN (Ret.)

#542921 - 23/09/07 09:45 PM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dear limowreck,

Lets get one issue perfectly clear before we begin, this is an XTERRA forum, not a CNN blog site. So before you start spouting off about things that you think might happen in the future, and the current state of politics, remember where you are. Nobody cares about politics here, just Nissan Xterras. So take your nostradam-ass predictions about WW3 and stick em'.

You continue your posts by complaining about the current state of American consumer affairs, and our gas prices. If your so goddamned concerned about gas prices and the economy, SELL YOUR XTERRA! Dont piss and moan about gas prices to people who own the same fucking automobile you do, we all know how much fun it is to fill the 20gal tank these days.

And there are plenty of other automobiles that provide both storage, security, and get better gas mileage. Buy a van, or a wagon. That might help your situation. Or better yet, buy a Toyota Prius. You live in california right? You will fit right in.

"Thanks!!!!" - (South Park, 'Smug Alert')

Not like you need a 4X4 to get through all the massive California snow drifts, or 3 foot blizzards you get every year. Jag-off.

In conclusion, you have just proven to everyone on this site who takes the time to read this thread that your a half-ass.

Be sure to post a picture of your Xterra so those who live in the 'SoCal' area can piss on it.

No charge for the education, my wisdom is free of charge.

#542922 - 23/09/07 11:58 PM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Cold Iron:
I have an ever better idea for a city boy. Carry your ass over to the ME for a couple of years visiting the different countries. Pretty sure you will see things differently.

MMC(SW) USN (Ret.)
[ThumbsUp] well said.

#542923 - 24/09/07 02:07 PM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm just wondering if this Kali whiner isn't one of Al Gore's minions...

"Sell your SUV... Don't buy SUV's... They're evil..."

and then later,

"Please pay no attention to MY SUV hiding behind the black curtain... No... I've had that one for years, so IT'S ok..."

#542924 - 24/09/07 02:42 PM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

If everyone in california didn't live 60 miles from where they work driving SUV's wouldn't be such a problem. Most of the people I hear complaining about gas live an hour from where they work.

Live closer, gas prices don't hit you as hard. I don't hard core off-road my X, but I can't imagine owning a house without having a truck or SUV. Too many things you need to do that you can't fit things in a car.

#542925 - 24/09/07 02:50 PM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sounds like a moonbat troll that never owned an X. Yeah there are no Hummers or Escalades in So Cal. Please sell your X. You aren't worthy of it.

#542926 - 24/09/07 04:11 PM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

#542927 - 24/09/07 08:07 PM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

I will add my last post to this already useless thread.

First of all, the guy is thinking out loud. There is nothing wrong with critical thinking. It is the price we pay for thousands of years of evolution (unless you are from Kansas). Granted, posting such questions to the site that is biased towards Nissan SUVs was going to get appropriate feedback and I hope that what has been said in this thread was not unexpected.

Sorry that I missed your post about buying the car with cash. If everything that you say is true, then it shows that your thoughts are indeed genuine. You see all the other people driving SUVs and contributing to pollution. This is a no fucking brainer, I am sorry to disappoint the rest of the off-roaders on this board, but if you do not see how over usage of cars contributes to environmental issues, you gotta check your head. What you do about it, is a different thing.

Selling your car is not going to stop the war or the global warming. I am sorry. I had to be honest with you. Just think about it for a second: What will happen to your car when you no longer own it? Somebody else will be driving it even harder than you're driving it now! Yes sir, it is highly unlikely that you will sell a car to a doped out hippy who is going to burn it. Also, the fuel consumption will not go down because of you selling the X. There is nothing you can do about it. Period!

If you really want to make a point, why not become a responsible SUV owner? Why not use the X only when needed? Who cares what other people drive? Act as you think and people will respect you for it. Just because everybody drives to work in an SUV does not mean that you have to do the same. Show an example! Bike, plant trees, hike go to remove places and bring back stories. Take your kids out to the middle of nowhere and show them what stars look like at night. You really do not have to act and do what everybody else does. And you're right, once gas hits higher prices people will review their car usage. I, for one, hope that gas gets to around $4.5 per gallon. Fewer cars, less traffic for those who absolutely must have a car to get somewhere.

Go ahead, flame all you want. I am out.

#542928 - 25/09/07 05:42 AM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by whiterussian:

Selling your car is not going to stop the war or the global warming. I am sorry. I had to be honest with you. Just think about it for a second: What will happen to your car when you no longer own it? Somebody else will be driving it even harder than you're driving it now! Yes sir, it is highly unlikely that you will sell a car to a doped out hippy who is going to burn it. Also, the fuel consumption will not go down because of you selling the X. There is nothing you can do about it. Period!

If you really want to make a point, why not become a responsible SUV owner? Why not use the X only when needed? Who cares what other people drive? Act as you think and people will respect you for it. Just because everybody drives to work in an SUV does not mean that you have to do the same. Show an example! Bike, plant trees, hike go to remove places and bring back stories. Take your kids out to the middle of nowhere and show them what stars look like at night. You really do not have to act and do what everybody else does. And you're right, once gas hits higher prices people will review their car usage. I, for one, hope that gas gets to around $4.5 per gallon. Fewer cars, less traffic for those who absolutely must have a car to get somewhere.

Short of not buying an SUV in the first place the best one can do is sell the SUV you have. Of course, as you point out, the SUV will be just be transferred to someone else. Only over time will the SUV die a natural death. Even if the gov't suddenly outlawed all new SUVs it would take 15 years to get rid of most that are on the road now. (No, I am not suggesting outlawing SUVs.)

As for buying an SUV and only using it when needed, I agree this would be perfect. But this most often not the case ... in practice it would require being a three car family (his, hers, and the SUV).

I lived overseas from 1990 until 2004. Upon my return I was amazed at all the SUVs. Back in 1990 there were only Jeep Cherokees, 4Runners, and few others (...yet there were lot more minivans [ThumbsDown] ). We might want to remember how we lived w/o SUVs. Surely life wasn't that hard.

_Lazza

#542929 - 25/09/07 07:40 AM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
We might want to remember how we lived w/o SUVs. Surely life wasn't that hard.
Do you really want to go back to riding around in a woody station wagon?? 'Cause that's what was around in BSUV (before suv time)... No thank you. That's the reason why I detest "crossovers" with a passion...they're NOT "crossovers"; they're frickin' station wagons with slightly bigger tires.. Screw that.

#542930 - 25/09/07 08:50 AM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

Growing up we took all vacations with 2 of the 6 in our family sitting in the back of a station waggon with no seats or seat belts. My X serves as family truckster, scout troop transport, daily driver, and weekend offroad toy. It stings a little to spend $75 a week in gas when my wife's car uses $30 but I am paying for the flexibility.
Anyone who thinks the Prius or other hybrids are a responsible alternative needs to do a little more research! They do burn less fuel but they have one of the largest environmental footprints of any vehicles on the road.
With information doubling at an unprecidented rate maybe status quo for a few more years is all it will take before we figure out real long term solutions to our energy needs. Knee jerk reactions often pose new and greater unseen problems.

#542931 - 25/09/07 08:58 AM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
GrayHam Offline

My wife and I both drive Gen II Xterras.

We both live about 10 miles from work.

We both drive, alone, into work.

I like to spend my lunch-hour parked under a shady tree, idling, while I read a book . . .

Fuck the environment.
I wish I could find a spotted owl to use as an antenna-topper . . .

#542932 - 25/09/07 10:23 AM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by GrayHam:
My wife and I both drive Gen II Xterras.

We both live about 10 miles from work.

We both drive, alone, into work.

I like to spend my lunch-hour parked under a shady tree, idling, while I read a book . . .

Fuck the environment.
I wish I could find a spotted owl to use as an antenna-topper . . .
[Laughing] [Spit] [LOL]

#542933 - 25/09/07 10:52 AM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
I wish I could find a spotted owl to use as an antenna-topper . .
eek [LOL]

#542934 - 25/09/07 02:10 PM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

Uhm, mini-vans don't get stellar gas mileage either, and depending on what you want to do with them, they might not be as functional.

And those old station wagons for those of you going down memory lane. They had big old V-8's in them at got like 12 mpg. Some of the new station wagons are probably more practical. SUV's aren't as evil as people try to convince you.

When there is alternative fuel source I'll use that. Until then, an SUV fits my lifestyle and my needs. But if you want to get a 4 cylinder station wagon, you can lead the charge.

#542935 - 26/09/07 09:26 AM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

The Xterra isn't THAT thirsty. You could be running around in a v10 excusion or f-250.

I'm not gonna take any flak over a 19-20 mpg 6 cyl truck. I traded down and sold my (older) powerstroke and my jeep to update my fleet (of 2 cars).

I have a new 5.7L toyota tundra and have already hit 18 mpg once during the 650 miles I have manged to put on it so far. I kept the X because it is cheaper to drive. Maybe I should have bought a prius, but felt guilty about the acid rain the nickel plant that makes the batteries spewed out when they made it. Plus they look gay.

#542936 - 26/09/07 09:59 AM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

cool Well, of course I don't work, but I have a 2001 Ford "EDGE" and my 2006 X--

--I use the Ford, to go to the dump and carry junk-14 mpg on a goood day

--The X, I 4wd and go camping, 22 mpg-Life is good-

[Wave] [Wave] --JIMBO

#542937 - 26/09/07 10:22 AM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

As a recent buyer of 2 X's I'll tell you that we bought them because they do almost everything we need and want with better fuel economy / less polution and enough power to avoid being run over in DFW traffic. And they do it for less up front cost.

By comparison, my V8 pickup and toyota corrolla can't compare, which is why we don't have them any more. Couldn't carry our dogs in either vehicle. Couldn't carry the family in the pickup. Couldn't afford gas for the pickup. Couldn't afford the insurance for the corolla. Also couldnt afford anyone else's alternative.

For my situation Xterras rule. My wife thinks so too. She works for the county hospital and water too high for my car is not a valid excuse for not coming to work.

Maybe you don't have to worry about being run over, hauling family, hauling dogs, or crossing flooded metropolitan intersections. Go drive an electric and save some gas for those who need it.

Sorry don't mean to be sarcastic (yes I do). Just tired of folks who think their's is the only perspective that's valid, and the only and opinion that matters. Know what I mean?

Have a blessed day!
Rufus

#542938 - 26/09/07 10:50 AM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by limowreck:
When I bought my X gas prices under $2 per gallon. If I had known things would get this bad I would have never have bought it. I compensate by driving less and only when necessary. My 2005 X only has 7600 miles on it. In fact, I will soon be putting it on the market.

Sorry to sound so self-righteous, but:

I can't understand why the demand for SUVs is still so high. With gas prices the way they are and how badly things are going in Iraq, not to mention all this talk about attacking Iran, I wonder why I'm still seeing all these SUVs on the road (including X's) with new dealer plates on them. When the attack on Iran comes, expect prices to shoot up to at least $6-7 per gallon. All indications show an (unprovoked) attack on Iran is inevitable.

Even without another war, more SUVs on the road raises the demand for gas even more, and therefore makes gas prices go up even higher. Its a vicious cycle.

Are American consumers just mindless, self-centered idiots or what? Are we capable of paying attention to anything beyond our own little bubble? I don't like to advocate violence, but sometimes I feel that people who are still buying SUVs or any gas-guzzling vehicle at this time should be kicked upside the head and get some badly needed sense knocked into them.

*end of rant*
Dude get real. I'm 21, I drive an X that gets about 14-16 mpg, i pay cali prices for gas, and cali prices for insurance! If I can afford it, I bet you can you tightwad! I just payed $3.60 a gallon to fill up my truck, and I dont care! you know why!?!?! Cause the U.S. still gets the bad mofo discount on gas. Europenas pay about 4 to 6 euro per liter, which is about a 1/4 of a gallon, for fuel. Quit complaining, you still pay less in gasoline and make more money than 85% of the world!

#542939 - 26/09/07 10:54 AM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Rickster43 Offline

Loc: San Antonio,Texas
confused [Crybaby] [Crybaby] ...Sell it, and Bitch some where else....

"The Universe without Music would be Madness"...

#542940 - 26/09/07 03:15 PM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sidebar, I haven't read anything on it, but was talking to a coworker who is an electrical engineer. She said that the carbon footprint for a hybrid car is greater than that of a regular car. Granted if you get a civic, it will get a lot better mileage than an Xterra, but doesn't sound like Hybrid's are really the answer for the evironment. Just clever marketing to make the hippies feel better.

I have done no independent research so take that for what it is worth, but I thought it was interesting.

#542941 - 30/09/07 08:14 AM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by roygil15:
Sidebar, I haven't read anything on it, but was talking to a coworker who is an electrical engineer. She said that the carbon footprint for a hybrid car is greater than that of a regular car. Granted if you get a civic, it will get a lot better mileage than an Xterra, but doesn't sound like Hybrid's are really the answer for the evironment. Just clever marketing to make the hippies feel better.

I have done no independent research so take that for what it is worth, but I thought it was interesting.
WORD. It is a world of misinformation, brother. I consider myself environmentally concious, but I'm also educated and informed. Driving hybrids and recycling sound great on paper, but so many people just don't have the big picture.

Recycling for example...the ONLY material that is both cost and, more importantly, environmentally friendly to recycle is aluminum. Re-using glass is close also. Paper is HORRIBLY environmentally unfriendly to recycle, due to chemical usage and transportation emissions. It's better to source new paper from tree farms. That's just one example, yet no one knows this stuff. They are too busy being self-righteous.

As fas as gasoline, who cares? There's no environmental responsibility in using less of it! Either way there is X amount left. We either burn it in ten years driving Hummers, or in fifty driving Priuses, and it creates the same emissions along the way. It's just delaying the inevitable. The only advantage is to your personal wallet, not the planet.

laugh

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal