shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#542942 - 30/09/07 09:35 AM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sounds like he needs a Moped! [Crybaby]

#542943 - 03/10/07 10:00 AM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

Even without another war, gas prices will still climb ever higher due to the continued US presence in Iraq, the refusal of most idiots in the US to cut back on conspicuous consumption, etc.

According to most experts, the price of gas will hit $4 per gallon by next year, and will continue to rise from there. I'm glad i just got rid of mine.

Dumbshits!

-----------------

Triple-digit oil prices to become norm

By Steve Gelsi, MarketWatch
Oct 2, 2007

Triple-digit oil prices to become norm: analyst
By Steve Gelsi, MarketWatch
Last Update: 2:35 AM ET Oct 2, 2007
NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- Oil prices of at least $100 a barrel are expected to become the norm as early as next year, as conventional supplies continue to decline and consumption in the developing world rises, CIBC chief economist Jeff Rubin said Tuesday.

"We're in a world of triple-digit oil prices for the foreseeable future," Rubin said at the CIBC 2nd Annual Industrials Conference. "Whether it's $100 or $140 a barrel ... is up to debate, but the bottom line is we're in the bottom of the ninth inning of the hydrocarbon age."

[URL=http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/cibc-economist-predicts-triple-digit/story.aspx?guid=%7b2D5D7DA1-1C71-4FB3-AAE6-F4B66CDE7F63%7d&print=true&dist=printTop]Marketwatch[/URL ]

#542944 - 03/10/07 10:17 AM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Onix:
Sounds like he needs a Moped! [Crybaby]
We're all going to need a moped pretty soon, dipshit.

"Whether it's $100 or $140 a barrel ... is up to debate, but the bottom line is we're in the bottom of the ninth inning of the hydrocarbon age."

- Jeff Rubin, DOW JONES chief economist

#542945 - 03/10/07 10:32 AM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

Limowreck, I'm glad you sold yours. Now leave.

[Wave]

#542946 - 03/10/07 10:33 AM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by AHTOXA:
Limowreck, I'm glad you sold yours. Now leave.

[Wave]
You misspelled "fuck right off". laugh

#542947 - 03/10/07 10:45 AM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by GrayHam:
Quote:
[b]Limowreck, I'm glad you sold yours. Now leave.

[Wave]
You misspelled "fuck right off". laugh [/b]
Something like that. laugh

#542948 - 03/10/07 10:53 AM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oh this has my blood boiling now. I'm sick of people turning forums into their own political propaganda billboards. I've driven honda accords and civics for the past 12 years after my blazer was stolen. I've been shopping for Xterras for the past 3. I knew the minute I bought one that I was gonna be paying more for gas and become one of your dumb american suv owners as you've put it. Can't pull lawn equipment in a civic. Can't put 3 backpacks, 2 dogs and 3 buddies in a civic. Nissan developed the Xterra for one specific group of people. Those of us who enjoy outdoors activities and need a way to get there WITH all of our gear. They weren't designed for grocery getters, soccer moms and daily commuters.

I applaud your concern on the environment but you have no place to come into a group devoted to a vehicle and tell everyone they are idiots. Why don't you run into a Klan rally and tell those guys they shouldn't hate other races. I know gas prices are going to continue to escalate to even more ridiculous prices. And you know what... I'm gonna keep right on buying more gas.

Why don't you turn your frustration towards the oil companies? Gas supposedly being in short supply and demand keeps growing so they have to raise prices and at year's end they post $250 billion dollar profits. Explain that one to me. [Save the fine unicorns]

#542949 - 03/10/07 11:14 AM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by GrayHam:
[b]
Quote:
[b]Limowreck, I'm glad you sold yours. Now leave.

[Wave]
You misspelled "fuck right off". laugh [/b]
Something like that. laugh [/b]
Who died and made you the admin?

[LOL]

#542950 - 03/10/07 11:28 AM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Drake N Bama:
I know gas prices are going to continue to escalate to even more ridiculous prices. And you know what... I'm gonna keep right on buying more gas.

Why don't you turn your frustration towards the oil companies? Gas supposedly being in short supply and demand keeps growing so they have to raise prices and at year's end they post $250 billion dollar profits. Explain that one to me. [Save the fine unicorns]
I don't understand this kind of thinking at all.

I call it the crackhead mentality. Uniquely American. Once the dealer has you hooked on his smack, there's no price you won't pay. What is the cause of it? Mass mental illness? Cultural degradation? Something in the water? Extreme vanity? Lack of penis size?

Their children can go hungry, they can lose their house, their savings, whatever. As long as we can drive around in our 2 ton tanks, life is good!

The oil companies are laughing all the way to the bank at the sheer idiocy/lunacy of the American consumer.

#542951 - 03/10/07 12:37 PM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

Crackhead mentality? WTF are you talking about?

A self-proclaimed philanthropist out to save the world from our own demise. It's actually a simple case of supply and demand. We demand more so they charge more. Simple economics. Am I going to give up my outdoor hobbies because gas is too expensive? No. I accept the fact that I'm at the beckon call of the suppliers. I'm not depriving myself of things I enjoy because I "don't feel it's right".

And something to consider... talk about me if you wish and if that's what gets you off (because apparently it does), talk about what I drive if you feel like it but you should leave people's families out of your soapbox charade. My family is not starving and my house is paid for. If I wasn't concerned with their welfare or my money situation do you think I would have waited 3 years to buy an Xterra? So fuck you and good day! [Finger]

#542952 - 03/10/07 12:52 PM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

Woooow! what a thread. I knew I took too long to get back here smile I'm not gonna chew this guy off, cause I could see where he could be comming from. I personally think that as long as it does not polute the air more than that 4 banger Civic standing besides you at the red light, drive it. If you can afford driving a Titan or Xterra or anything else, drive it. I personally drive it because of safety reasons. I prefer to be higher and see more through the glass. I dont off road anymore but ordered a shrock bumper because this kind of armor saved my life twice on my previous X. The difference between 89 fuel and 93 is no more than 30 cents. When you add that up, there is your Sturbucks latte. Just make the cut somewhere else. Dont go to Micky D's, make your lunch at home. Sure the, gas milage is low, and believe me, it feels good not having to tank every 4 days and make 400 miles on a tank, rather than 260. But it is all a personal preference. I understand this guys point, but he should've phrased it differently. Sell my X? Nope. I'll cost me more to get a 4banger now days. Average 4banger starts at $16K these days for a base. Enjoy what you drive, sell it if you dont. Just dont flame anyone. Wrong thread for ranting about the war and combining it with the X.

#542953 - 03/10/07 01:10 PM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

So since limowreck started this huge thread, tell us dude, have you sold your X-Terra in favor of a Mountain Bike and a Vespa, moved to Washington and now use solar power on your roof? Seriously, it appears you sold your X so what do you drive now and where did ya move to?

#542954 - 03/10/07 05:53 PM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
But out here in SoCal, where we have the highest gas prices in the nation and very fair weather, brand new X's are everywhere and there's really no reason for it other than personal vanity.[/QB]
Worry about yourself. People may have very good reasons for owning one, and even if they don't it's none of your business!

#542955 - 03/10/07 06:13 PM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
xterra3202 Offline

Loc: Georgia
My X would be gone now but it's paid for so its still cheaper than another car note!!!! [Finger]

Tim

PS- Only $2.39 yesterday at the Fort Gordon PX!!!!

Thomas Jefferson

#542956 - 04/10/07 07:39 AM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

Conspicuous consumption is not an American exclusive. Been to China lately? The Beijing airport has a Cadillac Escalade on display in the ticketing area. GM is probably not gonna sell as many Hummer h2's here at home since a lot of people are getting on the enviro-bandwagon, but I'm pretty sure the production numbers will remain steady...They love those things in Asia. The H2 and escalade play second fiddle to only the 7 series BMW for a status symbol.

They feel the same way we do..If they can afford the gas, they run it. If they can't, they get an 800 cc chanjang suzuki car. The market price of fuel generally sets the people into conservation VOLUNTARILY.

#542957 - 04/10/07 12:43 PM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

Been reading this since it started. It's pretty obvious limowreck bought his X as a status symbol and now its bitten him in the ass. Plain and simple. I bought my X because we (family of 3) ski, bike, dive, hike, and drag a boat around. I bought what was suitable for me, don't live beyond my means and don't preach to anyone else about what they should be doing with their money. If society wants to pay $100 a gallon for gas, so be it, it will go that high. That will also affect the cost of everything else that is bought and sold. In the late 70's gas hit 85 cents a gallon. Adjusted for inflation, that makes it around $3.50 a gallon in today's prices. Look at the big picture, we really are not paying all that much for gas.

#542958 - 04/10/07 12:58 PM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Xdrivingogre:
Been reading this since it started. It's pretty obvious limowreck bought his X as a status symbol and now its bitten him in the ass. Plain and simple. I bought my X because we (family of 3) ski, bike, dive, hike, and drag a boat around. I bought what was suitable for me, don't live beyond my means and don't preach to anyone else about what they should be doing with their money. If society wants to pay $100 a gallon for gas, so be it, it will go that high. That will also affect the cost of everything else that is bought and sold. In the late 70's gas hit 85 cents a gallon. Adjusted for inflation, that makes it around $3.50 a gallon in today's prices. Look at the big picture, we really are not paying all that much for gas.
Wow, yet another idiotic comment that has absolutely no truth to it.

#542959 - 04/10/07 01:02 PM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

Really? Do the math, adjust prices for inflation for some of the basic things like gas, milk, bread, eggs etc. over the past 20 years. Going to be some interesting results. Adjusted for inflation, milk has actually gotten cheaper over the past few years, but that has been changing. Fuel is cheaper, as is bread and eggs. If you are going to complain about the cost of goods and make a moronic response to something posted, at least don't pick a post made by an economics major. It's too easy for me to pick you apart.

#542960 - 04/10/07 01:20 PM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Really? Do the math, adjust prices for inflation for some of the basic things like gas, milk, bread, eggs etc. over the past 20 years. Going to be some interesting results. Adjusted for inflation, milk has actually gotten cheaper over the past few years, but that has been changing. Fuel is cheaper, as is bread and eggs. If you are going to complain about the cost of goods and make a moronic response to something posted, at least don't pick a post made by an economics major. It's too easy for me to pick you apart.
Economics major, eh? What school did you go to? The University of Stupid?

#542961 - 04/10/07 01:29 PM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

You are not worth arguing with. I'd have to spell it all out for you not using any long words so you would be able to understand it. Anyone else got a simple explanation for this? Obviously some on here don't have the cranial capacity to figure things out.

#542962 - 04/10/07 01:30 PM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

limowreck, you're not going to change any of our minds on here. You sold your X, now politely leave the rest of us alone. None of us care. If you want a civic, great. We don't. It's your money, the rest of us will spend our money as we want.

Belittling people doesn't make you sound smart, and won't get any of us to sell our trucks. So, save yourself the effort. When there is a non-fossil fuel option available. I'll look into it, until then, I'll take what I can get.

And for most of us, what you give up by getting rid of the Xterra is not worth the savings in gas.

#542963 - 04/10/07 02:11 PM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
You are not worth arguing with. I'd have to spell it all out for you not using any long words so you would be able to understand it. Anyone else got a simple explanation for this? Obviously some on here don't have the cranial capacity to figure things out.
When oil company profits have more than quadrupled with gas price increases in recent years, what the hell does inflation have to do with anything? [Huh?]

U of S? [LOL]

#542964 - 04/10/07 03:52 PM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

No one said it was due to inflation. They were just saying, compared to the cost of things that have experienced inflation, the cost of gas is still relatively cheap.

The increased gas prices has to do with a lot of things. A major one being the fact that they did not re-build the refineries that were destroyed after hurricane Katrina. We are now importing gas that has all ready been processed. Crude oil per barrel prices are not at historic highs. The oil companies are making record profits. And we can still afford the gas.

You can't or don't want to, that's your own decision. We don't care what you drive.

#542965 - 04/10/07 07:30 PM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

limowreck needs to be deported. if you don't like it, then leave jackass.

#542966 - 04/10/07 11:41 PM Re: I'm seeing TOO many new X's on the road
Anonymous
Unregistered

Petroleum companies are drawing massive profits because they are not putting their profits back into their companies for the development of new refineries and maintenance on the existing ones. The problem with gas today is there aren't enough refineries to handle the crude oil available. Now don't misinterpret what I'm saying. We are gorging ourselves on fuel consumption and it is not a limitless resource. What I'm saying is the problem RIGHT NOW is the lack of refineries. And like was mentioned earlier, the oil rigs and refineries that were destroyed by Katrina have not been rebuilt nor are there immediate plans to do so. The last oil refinery constructed in the U.S. was in 1976 in Garyville, Louisiana.

Want to see something interesting? BP recorded 7.24 billion dollars in REFINING profits in 2006. Go to google.com and enter BP violations and see how many OSHA, EPA and federal code violations and lawsuits they have been hit with due to poor management, poor maintenance and cutting corners. It's sickening to think of where that money is going.

And now I will step down off of my soapbox because I'm done with this thread and definitely done with Limowreck. I'm going to dicounttiredirect.com and look for new tires for my gas-guzzling, ozone depleting Xterra that I enjoy so much and tomorrow I'm going to go pay a ridiculous amount of money for a full tank of gas of which I will burn up over the weekend driving trails and thoroughly enjoying myself. [Smoking]

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal