2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 63 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#548610 - 16/06/06 07:19 PM Re: help me some one pleasee....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mom said, "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."

This Board is known to be a great place to grill your dinner. Nice flames.

Not so sure people should be proud of that. Regardless of abilities, You should be here to help. Isn't that why we have a board? MC

#548611 - 16/06/06 08:30 PM Re: help me some one pleasee....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Your truck is broken, I'll give you $472.66 and take it off of your hands before it ends up costing you $47,000 to fix it.

#548612 - 16/06/06 08:41 PM Re: help me some one pleasee....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by USMC XTERRA:
Mom said, "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."

This Board is known to be a great place to grill your dinner. Nice flames.

Not so sure people should be proud of that. Regardless of abilities, You should be here to help. Isn't that why we have a board? MC
I could not agree more. The flames are really not necessary. Everyone seems to have this mob mentality - and I find myself there sometimes as well. I try to fight it.

However, having said that, it does not excuse anyone from posting unintelligible gibberish and expecting people to not only read it but answer. It is difficult for people to resist at least getting some entertainment value out of it.

This is not directed to this poster in particular – more of a general comment – proper English is important; it is the way we communicate. A message board is difficult enough to communicate on without making it worse by being careless. I am sure the original poster would get frustrated if people just answered his question with; "HUH?" [Huh?]

If you are ‘challenged’ in some way that can affect your ability to write, then state so, people are very forgiving about things like that and will make an extra effort to understand and help.

As it stands - there is almost nothing meaningful that anyone can respond with to help because they do not know anything about the setup and there are millions of reasons that a car will not start.

I don't think this is a flame - please take it for what it is - constructive criticism.

#548613 - 16/06/06 11:31 PM Re: help me some one pleasee....
Anonymous
Unregistered

/\ You should check out his other threads and you would understand where alot of the barrage is coming from eek

But I totally agree if a person has a handicap of sort or isn't fluent in the english language then state so. Our views would turn 180 degrees.

#548614 - 17/06/06 10:09 AM Re: help me some one pleasee....
Anonymous
Unregistered

This guy didn't give nearly enough info to try to pinpoint a problem and offer advice. He's way too vague, and aside from grammar, the details just aren't there. Just a bit of advice, sport, retrace your steps, type it all out, then edit the hell out of it before you post it.

#548615 - 17/06/06 05:27 PM Re: help me some one pleasee....
Anonymous
Unregistered

His internet literacy needs a looking into, but why dogpile on him.. Do you all get off on kicking a guy while he's down?

actually, im more interested in his locked/ ressurected post on his blown front diff/axle. How'd that work out at the dealer. I was wondereing how hard you were on it when it let go..turning?...driving straight ahead, but bouncing hard?

probably the 3rd or 4th one of those posted here regarding that failure. typically younger drivers, but I still think it is a design weakness.

#548616 - 19/06/06 05:06 AM Re: help me some one pleasee....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Anyone with the means to pay can buy and drive an X. Di spite communication abilities, some may need more help than others. None are beyond help but can easily be beyond someone willing to help.

But I see what you all mean. Maybe he can open up a PM with tips on posting? Spell-checker?

Anyways, Yea, That front diff seems to be a real weak link! Real weak! SO weak, I'm not going to chance any real Off Roading. Slow and easy should be OK.

MC

#548617 - 19/06/06 06:58 AM Re: help me some one pleasee....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Xterra-man, If you are going to discuss something like grammar, then also get your punctuation correct and put your period inside the quotes where it belongs.

FlyfishingX has the most solid of the arguments. Brandonkennedy, you're the one without the solid argument, after all you're arguing spelling and grammar in an automotive forum...Real valid. Why can't this be about the trucks?

#548618 - 21/06/06 07:38 AM Re: help me some one pleasee....
Anonymous
Unregistered

well the dealer found the problem something with my starter so it wasent even my fault.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal