2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 63 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#551112 - 11/07/05 08:47 AM possible to hack the dash computer?
Anonymous
Unregistered

what i was referring to is the diff between the OR and the SE with the temp and other stuff on the 05 (trip computer, dte, etc).

it would seem (asside from the temp guage, which could be added) that this is just software an could be changed easily like a ecn upgrade. hell, the software may even be in there just needs to be turned on???

#551113 - 12/07/05 12:25 AM Re: possible to hack the dash computer?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Waterman,

I did not look closely but I did check with the dealer and I was going to order the SE dash with the DTE computer etc. I did not realize it could be the same computer with some software upgrades etc. The cost of the SE dash was 250.00. Just my 1.5 cents.

#551114 - 12/07/05 07:08 AM Re: possible to hack the dash computer?
Anonymous
Unregistered

that's exactly my point! $250 bucks for software and a thermostat?!?!?! i don't think so. the thermostat can't cost more than $50 bucks right?

i bet this can be changed if we can find someone to get into the system.

i am gonna look around at a few of the ricer/race shops and see if someone has a ecn laptop system for a 350. for a fee i'm sure, i am gonna see if they can get into the system and change some of this stuff. since the engine is very similar, i am sure the code is also. granted, i know they are very different in actual working nature but the hard part is cracking the language, and once they do that (which i am quite sure it has been) the rest is cake.

i am also gonna see if they can do a custom setting, maybe! not so sure about that yet while it's still under warranty. it was different w/ my superduty when i could just plug up the tuner and remove the code. and they were a little more experienced in this.

#551115 - 12/07/05 11:45 PM Re: possible to hack the dash computer?
Anonymous
Unregistered

If you can get some language code etc that I could use as well I will go halves but since were in different cities I don't know. Let me know what you find out. I am busy with the job right now, but I will check some rice rocket 350z shops as well.

#551116 - 13/07/05 04:17 PM Re: possible to hack the dash computer?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Not a bad idea follows. Actually, its a great idea. I'll do some digging on my end. Have a friend that is heavlly into Z's, and a tech at Nissan. I'll see what I can find out.

#551117 - 08/09/05 09:35 PM Re: possible to hack the dash computer?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry to resurrect this topic from the dead, but I'd really like to find out any developments.

Has anyone managed to add the SE trip computer to the OR?

Is anyone still working on it?

#551118 - 09/09/05 01:56 PM Re: possible to hack the dash computer?
Anonymous
Unregistered

haven't really been able to look into it much. there is a frontier site that has brought up some questions about a tuner-hack (they recognized the z similarity too) but no one has ponied up either, or mentioned if it has even been hacked

#551119 - 23/12/06 08:35 PM Re: possible to hack the dash computer?
Anonymous
Unregistered

any find any more info on this?

#551120 - 24/12/06 08:50 AM Re: possible to hack the dash computer?
Anonymous
Unregistered

What you need to do is get yourself a scanguage (www.scanguage.com). Which will do all the trip computer stuff, tell you a bunch of extra info too, read codes / clear codes. Then combine it with a simple temperature unit which you can get in Radioshack or almost any car parts store for $30 and you have a way more powerful aftermarket setup.

#551121 - 04/01/07 01:55 PM Re: possible to hack the dash computer?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I would be interested in the trip computer/mpg function etc.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal