2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#552905 - 21/11/05 11:41 AM Re: Pressure sensor
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by endobrian:
Note to Nissan: see above. hehe, yep a dash display would kick ass. Use existing lcd display, and push button. Mark it: LF:34 RF:34 LR:33 RL:28
Just wait, that WILL be a feature on the '07+ Pathfinder.

#552906 - 21/11/05 12:04 PM Re: Pressure sensor
Anonymous
Unregistered

But I don't own an 07 Pathfinder, I own an 05 X and I want it! wink

#552907 - 22/11/05 04:21 PM Re: Pressure sensor
Anonymous
Unregistered

Okay, what's the trick/hint for resetting the sensor again?

#552908 - 22/11/05 04:27 PM Re: Pressure sensor
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Okay, what's the trick/hint for resetting the sensor again?
When the pressure sensor is triggered because the air pressure is too low you have to put some air into it to reset it. I have found that setting the pressure to 35 psi seems to work.

Then when you drive your X the next time and go over 20 mph the warning light should go off.

#552909 - 22/11/05 04:30 PM Re: Pressure sensor
Anonymous
Unregistered

I did that frown I'll recheck all and try again.

#552910 - 22/11/05 05:59 PM Re: Pressure sensor
Anonymous
Unregistered

The same tire is back down to 28! I checked for screws no screws or nails.

Stem not leaking...checked with spit. Did I break the tire bead or a pinch flat?

#552911 - 22/11/05 08:00 PM Re: Pressure sensor
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
The same tire is back down to 28! I checked for screws no screws or nails.

Stem not leaking...checked with spit. Did I break the tire bead or a pinch flat?
Did you also check the valve itself? I would use a soap and water mixture.

#552912 - 23/11/05 05:57 AM Re: Pressure sensor
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, I spoke too soon. Yesterday was our first cool morning here in FL. I backed out, and my alarm sounded. All the tires looked fine, so I drove it to work.

At lunchtime, I checked and found one to be a little low. Filled all of them to ~35 PSI, but the light didn't go out even after shutting off the key. But once I rolled out of the gas station, it finally did go out. Cool again this morning, no warning light.

The system works. [ThumbsUp] laugh

#552913 - 23/11/05 07:06 AM Re: Pressure sensor
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have dealt with this alarm too. lol just put in 35 psi and started driving. Finally the light went out after bout 10 minutes of driving.

#552914 - 28/11/05 08:56 AM Re: Pressure sensor
Anonymous
Unregistered

A question about these sensors...
Would it ruin anything if you used a can of 'flat fix' if you ever got a puncture? I'm wondering if the gunk they put in the flat tire fix cans would harm the sensor mechanics in any way?

#552915 - 28/11/05 09:13 AM Re: Pressure sensor
Anonymous
Unregistered

That's a good question sarmike. I once tried to get a nail taken out of a tire that I used the fix a flat stuff on and the tire guy wouldn't touch it. I had to buy a new tire.

#552916 - 28/11/05 09:28 AM Re: Pressure sensor
Anonymous
Unregistered

I know there is a warning on the cans that the 'propellant' is flammable. That might be why some tire places won't touch them. I also just found the sensor answer:
"FLAT repair: using a can of pressurized tire repair sealant will clog the sensor and it will have to be replaced."
Tire Pressure Sensor Unit - 2003 to 2005 Xterra
Code: 40700-Z33
Price:$92.88

Ouch! Gonna take that can right out of my car asap!

#552917 - 28/11/05 09:40 AM Re: Pressure sensor
Anonymous
Unregistered

Had a flat a couple of weeks ago and replaced it with the spare and I didn't see/hear any warning about having low pressure while I ran on the spare. I ended up just replacing all 5 tires rather than fixing the flat. I checked the manual and it mentioned something about having to reset the pressure monitor. I guess I will have the dealer check the pressure monitor when I get my hitch replacement to see if it's working.

#552918 - 28/11/05 03:03 PM Re: Pressure sensor
Anonymous
Unregistered

My issue was a small puncture. I had a patch put on, it's back to normal.

fix-a-flat: The manual says do NOT use canned fixaflats. The gunk will harm the sensors.

do-it-yourself plugs, and tire store patches are a-okay.

#552919 - 29/11/05 07:28 AM Re: Pressure sensor
Anonymous
Unregistered

One more believer here:
I was following this post because MY pressure light went on as well. Tried checking the air at the gas station ~ all seemed fine. Added air to one tire that 'looked' low, but light remained on. Last night, went to store & bought 'reliable' air guage and tires read: 30, 31,31,32. Brought them all up to 35 by the new guage ~ presto. W/in .4 miles of driving after refill, pressure light goes out. smile

#552920 - 29/11/05 09:41 PM Re: Pressure sensor
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have had the same thing happen to me. I live here in Brownsville, Texas and most of the time the temp stays above 70 F. With a cool front the night temps dip down to the upper 40's and low 50's. The sensor came on this morning while it was 52 F. I drove to work and parked it. It stayed lit all the way to work..about 20 miles. At lunch I went out to the truck and when it started the light never came on. The air temp was over 75 F at that point. When I left to go home around 6:15 the light was back on again...and again it stayed lit all the way home again...the air temp had dropped with the sunset. I looked at all four tires and they looked fine. I checked the pressure right now and I got 30, 31, 32 and 30 neither one a significant difference from each other considering that I am using a fairly accurate dial gauge. Even still it has a +/- 1 psi error.

The point I feel that needs to be made is that it is useless to have a sensor which activates at 28 psi. When they say "significant" air pressure drop they should consider the potential of temperature related pressure drops or rises. The low setting should be around 20 psi. Otherwise the sensor will just be the proverbial boy crying wolf and will get ignored...which is the opposite effect of providing the sensor in the first place.

#552921 - 29/11/05 10:30 PM Re: Pressure sensor
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah 28 is to high. 25, would be a tad bit better.

#552922 - 30/11/05 04:17 AM Re: Pressure sensor
Anonymous
Unregistered

The pressure sensor is not there for the convenience of the consumer. It is there to help the automaker from getting sued. Most people don't bother to check their tires and want someone to blame when a tire gets low, overheats and blows out while the driver is speeding. :p

#552923 - 30/11/05 11:26 AM Re: Pressure sensor
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by xterra4me:
The pressure sensor is not there for the convenience of the consumer. It is there to help the automaker from getting sued. Most people don't bother to check their tires and want someone to blame when a tire gets low, overheats and blows out while the driver is speeding. :p
I agree. I also suspect that the low pressure sensor info is probably stored so in the event of an accident Nissan will be able to say your tires were underinflated and it was your fault not theirs.

#552924 - 30/11/05 12:17 PM Re: Pressure sensor
Anonymous
Unregistered

That thing is annoying when it goes off though. The first time mine went off was at my dad's house. It was nice the day before and got really cold over night. I didn't bother to stop to get air in the tires since I was driving down to Potts to go wheelin any how. Right after I was done wheelin I stopped to get gas and aired up to about 35 psi hot. The light has been off ever since.

#552925 - 30/11/05 05:30 PM Re: Pressure sensor
Anonymous
Unregistered

I thought by 2007 all autos have to have it. Congress passed that a year ago.

#552926 - 07/12/05 01:15 PM Re: Pressure sensor
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, here is a curve for you. I'll probably end up going to the dealer. Well that is going to take them a while. Unless you guys have some good info. Temperature dropped to below 0 F last night. Started the X and started driving. about 1/4 mile down the road, Low Pressure light comes on with an annoying/loud sound. All tires are within specs on the pressure. Could it be that this is a very flaky system (like few other things on this truck), and that it is starting to fail so soon. I got 12000mi on the truck. The light is still on. And please, no stupid comments. There is 5 pages on this topic already and after the first 3, I stopped. Some people don't have time sitting around and reading everything. Thanks for the feedback.

#552927 - 07/12/05 01:47 PM Re: Pressure sensor
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have not seen a problem with mine, and seeing as the system is not a Nissan system, and is used in other vehicles I doubt the system is "flaky".

It's been getting cold around here (single digits at night) and the only time I had a problem was the first night it reached the teens.

When you say the tire pressure is within specs;
Do you have a decent tire gauge?
what is the tire pressure?
Are you checking the pressure cold?
Are they all above 28psi (cold)?
Are all tires within a couple PSI of each other?
Have you put the spare on or had the spare rotated in during a tire change?

#552928 - 07/12/05 02:17 PM Re: Pressure sensor
Anonymous
Unregistered

Fill tires to 36psi tonight. Drive for less than a mile. Problem solved.

The 28psi sensor has a hair trigger.

Quote:
Originally posted by TRIPIIIE X:
Well, here is a curve for you. I'll probably end up going to the dealer. Well that is going to take them a while. Unless you guys have some good info. Temperature dropped to below 0 F last night. Started the X and started driving. about 1/4 mile down the road, Low Pressure light comes on with an annoying/loud sound. All tires are within specs on the pressure. Could it be that this is a very flaky system (like few other things on this truck), and that it is starting to fail so soon. I got 12000mi on the truck. The light is still on. And please, no stupid comments. There is 5 pages on this topic already and after the first 3, I stopped. Some people don't have time sitting around and reading everything. Thanks for the feedback.

#552929 - 07/12/05 02:22 PM Re: Pressure sensor
Anonymous
Unregistered

It could have been a flaky guage that I was using. Although it was a digital gauge, that has not done bad by me since I got it. For the sake, I went and inflated all the tires at a gas station. Unfortunatelly without a gauge. Just counting the seconds so that at least I inflate them evenly, and check again once I get home. As soon as I started driving the light went off, and has not come back yet. I have to say that this is a very sensitive system than. Because, even if I was showing 34-35psi on the gauge, I doubt that it was actuall ~28psi. I'm a little confused on this one. I guess having this system is ok, but it is definatelly too sensitive. Thank you for the reply. I greatlly appreciate it.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal