2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#55525 - 15/12/07 09:19 PM "Westin Light-Bar" *PICS*
Anonymous
Unregistered

I picked up my "Westin Light-Bar" today from Cap-It, and wasted no time mounting it to my X. Install was very easy, and took less that an hour. I do recommend having a friend help though because the front bumper sags when you loosen the bolts to add the brackets that hold the light-bar on to the frame. Other than that, install was a piece of cake!

I think these bars look much better than the large bush-bars (damage multipliers), and I was surprised with how light weight it is. Overall I'm happy with the new look, but I won't be completely satisfied until I get some aux. lights. Any suggestions on lights?

#55526 - 16/12/07 05:21 AM Re: "Westin Light-Bar" *PICS*
Anonymous
Unregistered

Theres hundreds of posts on lights w/ all the info you'll need...What are you looking for? Looks good but costs less? (Hella 500) Works good but cost more? Hella 4000. I think you should look into the Hella black magics..they would look nice on your black X. A lot of guys like IPF too but since you won't be doing any wheeling I think they would be a bit overkill for you.

#55527 - 16/12/07 11:52 AM Re: "Westin Light-Bar" *PICS*
Anonymous
Unregistered

You can pick up a set of KC's for less than $150 and even cheaper if you do the wiring yourself. Pretty good bang for the buck. Not on par with Hellas and a few others but they get the job done. I run two KC 100W Daylighter spots (black chrome)on mine and they are very effective.

#55528 - 16/12/07 12:53 PM Re: "Westin Light-Bar" *PICS*
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm probably leaning more towards a set of fogs for the light-bar. They had lights where I bought my bar...PIAA, Hella, KC, and a couple of other brands. I really like the PIAA 510 fogs, but they're asking aprox. $330.00cdn for them!....so I def. have to do some shopping around, $330.00 is INSANE!...and that's BEFORE taxes!

#55529 - 16/12/07 01:02 PM Re: "Westin Light-Bar" *PICS*
Anonymous
Unregistered

[QUOTE] Not on par with Hellas and a few others but they get the job done. I run two KC 100W Daylighter spots (black chrome)on mine and they are very effective. [QUOTE]

..."very effective" is an understatement...those KC's look great! Are they called "Black Chrome" because of the colour of the housing, or does that have some other meaning...like the Hella's that look dark when they're turned off?

#55530 - 16/12/07 04:33 PM Re: "Westin Light-Bar" *PICS*
Anonymous
Unregistered

Black Chrome is the finish of the housing. Comes in chrome or black. Don't know if this will work worth a crap but I tried to take some pics to compare the lighting differences.

Low Beams

High Beams

Low Beam with KC's

They could stand to be aimed a little better for that road but I keep them kinda high and towards the outside for the trails I normally drive on. Their range is just under a 1/4 mile.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal