2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#567496 - 05/03/02 06:15 AM More X-cam videos
Ramness Offline

Loc: Snellville, GA (Atlanta)
Hwy 78 running between Stone Mountain to the center of Snellville has a reversible lane system. From 1am-11am it has 3WB lanes a turn lane and 2EB lanes. 11am-1am it has 3EB 1 turn and 2WB. The system has been around as long as I can remember (at least 87) however allot of accidents are caused by people like these who can't figure out the big green arrows, white curved arrows, and big red X's over each lane. So many accidents in fact they are in the process of figuring out a way to do away with the reversible lanes.

Car stopped in wrong lane setting himself up for head on collision. (no audio)
http://superjens.com/xterra/turnlane1.wmv

This lady can't figure out which lane is the turn lane so she sits in both of them…
http://superjens.com/xterra/turnlane2.wmv

Garfield 2011 Red Brick Pro-4X
Radio Flyer 2005 Code Red Altima SE-R Sold
MagellanX 2003 Molten Lava SE 4x4 Sold
TabascoX 2001 Salsa XE 4x4 Sold

#567497 - 05/03/02 12:05 PM Re: More X-cam videos
gr8fl_2 Offline

Loc: Staunton, VA
I used to hate those stupid reversable lanes on 78. I worked just outside of Stone Mountain and I can't tell you how many people I literally scared the shit out of that were either stopped or moving in the wrong lanes. If you don't know what a big f%&#ing red X or green arrow is, get the hell off the road. Good luck to Gwinnett Co. Police keeping that road straight. Keep up the great work up there!

Tony

#567498 - 09/03/02 05:05 PM Re: More X-cam videos
Xtalus Offline

Loc: Fox Valley, WI
The stupidity of some people just amazes me. I don't know why though. Around here we've got these nice big long 1/4 mile turn lanes prior to all the high speed right or left turns. People still lay on the brakes before entering the turn lanes. I just can't figure it out. :rolleyes:

#567499 - 27/03/02 12:31 PM Re: More X-cam videos
hmacmill Offline

Loc: West Orange, NJ
i think it is stupid for someone to drive around with a videocamera on. those videos are stupidest things I've ever seen. get a life.

#567500 - 27/03/02 12:56 PM Re: More X-cam videos
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
Damn. You drive arround playing dodge car. No wonder southerners love the demolition derby. That's just normal every day driving where they come from .

Do they hand out fistfulls of crack with every fill up at the gas stations ? Is it an every day occurance that you almost get into a head on collision ? I haven't seen a display of stupidity behind the wheel since the last time I was trying to pass through Tj. That is just unbelievable.

#567501 - 27/03/02 10:27 PM Re: More X-cam videos
Ramness Offline

Loc: Snellville, GA (Atlanta)
Quote:
Originally posted by hmacmill:
i think it is stupid for someone to drive around with a videocamera on. those videos are stupidest things I've ever seen. get a life.
You are entitled to your opinion, however it is my truck and I have my reasons for having the camera. It's not only just to get “cool videos” of stupid drivers or things that happen on the road ahead of me. Its main purpose is a silent witness for accidents or other incidents. I recently upgraded to a color camera with audio, repositioned it, and got a different VCR and recording setup. Only thing that didn't change was the DC/AC inverter. 3 days after the upgrade I was rear-ended while the camera was running. Luckily the guy didn't try to dispute it by saying I stopped for no reason or was going backwards down the road but it could happen, and it would be my word against his.

A couple years ago I was involved in an accident on a dirt road, came around a sharp corner and there was a truck sitting across the road and I skidded through the gravel into him. Driver of the truck called my insurance company to make the claim and told them I was speeding and sliding all over the road and crashed into him cause I was out of control! Course my insurance company believed him and raised my rates to $350 a month! Now had I had a camera it would have been different. So you may say its “stupid for someone to drive around with a videocamera on” and that's fine, but I think I'll keep it! It only involves pushing 2 buttons after starting the truck to make uncontestable proof of what happened.

Garfield 2011 Red Brick Pro-4X
Radio Flyer 2005 Code Red Altima SE-R Sold
MagellanX 2003 Molten Lava SE 4x4 Sold
TabascoX 2001 Salsa XE 4x4 Sold

#567502 - 05/04/02 09:08 AM Re: More X-cam videos
Weasel Offline

Loc: San Antonio
God bless women drivers.
I see that crap everyday

Me: Um, That's Dan Marino...

#567503 - 05/04/02 11:57 AM Re: More X-cam videos
Xorro Offline

Loc: san diego
i think the vid cam is cool. don't let someone else rain on your parade.

someday you probably will stumble onto something that will make you rich or famous.
x cool x

#567504 - 05/04/02 12:17 PM Re: More X-cam videos
Carlton McMillan Offline

Loc: MN
Darwin has been slacking at his job.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal