2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#569687 - 19/04/02 01:33 PM DIVX Compression
fastdrmr Offline

Loc: SLC, UT
For those that don't know what this is, DIVX is a compression format that allows files to be "super-compressed" to a pretty small file size.

In order to view a DIVX format (mpeg4) users must download a free viewer and install it on their machines.

I welcome comments as I am about to make another video.

#569688 - 19/04/02 01:45 PM Re: DIVX Compression
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
It took them 5 versions, but Divx finally works well enough to bother installing it.

#569689 - 19/04/02 02:17 PM Re: DIVX Compression
KJ_dragon Offline

Loc: East Bay, CA
I am not too familiar with that technology, but I think I have it on my pc already. I would be more comfortable if when someone posts the video, they also include a reliable source to Download the divx software.

#569690 - 19/04/02 03:33 PM Re: DIVX Compression
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Quote:
Originally posted by KJ_xterra:
...they also include a reliable source to Download the divx software.
www.divx.com

#569691 - 19/04/02 04:24 PM Re: DIVX Compression
fastdrmr Offline

Loc: SLC, UT
I will be making a video, similar to the other ones, of Metal Masher (Moab trail rated difficult) this weekend. I will make 2 file types and we will see how it fares out. The DIVX format will allow for higher quality because of better compression. I will give instructions to those new to this technology. Installing DIVX is a one time thing...

Please vote and give me feedback along the way.

Robert

#569692 - 19/04/02 04:45 PM Re: DIVX Compression
RabidRaider Offline

Loc: Palm Bay, Florida
The 'The Playa' from divx.com is a decent Divx player, however, it comes with GAIN trickle adware and if you remove it with something like AdAware the player will no longer function. I use WMP 7.0 with MPEG4 codecs installed and have had absolutely no problems. I have several full (700mb) movies like Snatch, The Rice and the Furious, Reservoir Dogs, Scarface, Jurassic Park 3, Traffic, Swordfish, Shallow Hal, The One, The Fifth Element and Apocolypse Now in Divx format DLed from WinMX and they are near DVD quality and they fit nicely on a CD-ROM.

#569693 - 20/04/02 09:18 PM Re: DIVX Compression
AGGIE Offline

Loc: Texas
Taken from DivX Digest.com
Apart from being a trademark of Project Mayo, DivX is the name given to a video codec (a piece of software encoding and decoding video) and is based on the MPEG-4 compression format. MPEG-4 is a new standard of video compression that is both high quality and low bitrate. They are usually only a fraction (around 15%) of the size of a standard DVD, even at 640x480 resolutions, making them the best home video format thus far. They only take half the time to encode, and yet at the same time is smaller in size than MPEG-1 - due to their incredible compression technology - some have even called MPEG-4 the "MP3 of the video world". Quality ranges from net-streaming quality to DVD and better !!

Here is also a list of FAQ\'s that should answer any other question anyone else has. This site has it all, how to make and play DivX movies and all the software you need to do it.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal