shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#573220 - 08/06/10 12:22 PM '01 SE Rear View Mirror Wiring
ArcHusky Offline

So I recently bought an '01 Xterra SE, which is supposed to have temp/compass LED display in the rear view mirror. It hasn't been working on mine, and I investigated today, already knowing that one wire was cut (why was the previous owner retarded?) and that the male end of the connector that plugs into the back of the mirror was tucked above the head lining(wtf again?). The LED displays still aren't working and I'm kinda curious as to what it would take to fix it. I know it's something small and stupid, but if I can fix it and I don't, it's gonna bug me :P Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Edited by ArcHusky (08/06/10 12:23 PM)

#573229 - 08/06/10 06:43 PM Re: '01 SE Rear View Mirror Wiring [Re: ArcHusky]
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
Maybe you could check this link below. It is instructions for working on that type of mirror and may have a part number for a new harness assembly to power up your temp LED....

http://www.courtesyparts.com/images/inst/999L1-00001_pg01.html

#573270 - 11/06/10 12:37 PM Re: '01 SE Rear View Mirror Wiring [Re: NY Madman]
FoxFive0 Offline

Loc: PNW, WA
Try checking the fuse though too, although I would imagine it works on similar fuses as the dash lights, but you never know!
“Every good citizen makes his country's honor his own, and cherishes it not only as precious but as sacred. He is willing to risk his life in its defence and is conscious that he gains protection while he gives it.”

Mobile Elec Cert Pro Silver Level

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal