2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 63 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#581278 - 08/07/07 10:40 PM An Oakland Noob says hello
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey All,

The name is Jeff hope everyone is well.

I gotta be honest and I just sold my 98 Tacoma which was real hard to do. I am now spending quality time with an 06 Xterra my girlfriend I got and I have mixed feelings.

Overall - It OWNS the road. I enjoy driving it but I'm interested in what people don't enjoy about it. Here is what I notice:

* The interior wears very quickly.

* The intake sounds like it has a constant vaccum leak. Nissan said nothing was wrong it just is loud. Anyone else have this issue?

* The check engine light came on twice but went off before I could take it in. Still not sure what it could be.

* Something broken on the steering colum and had to be replaced. I think it was a bushing but can't remember - this was 15000 miles ago and let than 10000 on it.

In the near future I would like to put some intake and exhaust mods on. Parts seem linited, any suggestions?

Almost forgot... The front of the can leaks is this normal. Condesation dripping from the tailpipe is noting to sweat over but the can? I went Prairie City for a rally session and thought I might of dragged the exhaust. Tell you what though, these bastards love mud! I was pushing water/mud with the hood and made it through one hell of a run - with radials. I almost !@#$ my drawers and onlookers loved it.

Anybody in the area I would love to check out Holister, CA. Thanks for reading.

Jeff

#581279 - 09/07/07 06:53 AM Re: An Oakland Noob says hello
Anonymous
Unregistered

[Wave]

#581280 - 09/07/07 09:40 PM Re: An Oakland Noob says hello
Anonymous
Unregistered

Welcome , Wanna trade your steelie spare and tire for a nice 5 spoke aluminum wheel and tire? PM me if interested.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal