2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#582396 - 09/07/06 09:49 AM Used X Shopping
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just got done selling my Hardbody and am on the hunt for a used Xterra. I have found one I like, but it has a few more miles than I am looking for but it is at the right price. '02 S/C'd SE w/ manual tranny, 60k miles. My only question is if you were buying a used X would you go Supercharged? Of course I like the power of the supercharger but if IIRC some people were having problems with them around 60k or so. From what I remember reading it was the people with aftermarket pulleys, etc. but I figured here would be the best place to ask. So if you were shopping for an 02 or 03 X what would you be looking for?

#582397 - 09/07/06 10:43 AM Re: Used X Shopping
Anonymous
Unregistered

This is probably biased opinion, but I was in the same position as you when I bought my 2002. Should I get an S/C or non-S/C? I knew I wanted a SE no matter what, but I couldn't decide if I wanted if I should get the supercharger or not. Still, to this day, I'm happy with my decision to not get an S/C. With gas prices as high as they are, I couldn't afford putting premium in my truck all the time. Also, many S/C members will tell you that they are getting horrible gas mileage. I only had that problem around my 30K checkup. Once I did that, it was back to normal again. I'm sure the same thing will happen at 60,000 (i.e. spark plugs and stuff). Finally, I'm sad to say that I'm selling my Xterra due to a new baby. I thought you might want to check it out because you'd be hard to find an Xterra from that year in better shape than mine. I'm not just saying that because it's for sale, I'm saying that because I know how much work I've put into keeping it clean. Anyway, here's the XOC link if you're interested:

http://www.xterraownersclub.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=25;t=004690

Whatever Xterra you get, welcome to the club. This place is amazing and will be all you need to get info on your truck. [Wave]

EDIT: I should note that my X is for sale on eBay and it's in the last hours (ends tonight).

#582398 - 09/07/06 11:04 AM Re: Used X Shopping
Anonymous
Unregistered

I saw your post on here and am watching the auction...I don't know how I'll get to Houston to get the truck but I've always wanted to see TX anyway and silver is the color I'm looking for, although I'd prefer a manual trans laugh

I hadn't even thought about having to run premium in the gas tank, thanks for pointing that out. I'll keep looking at this X though I may be able to get a really good deal on this one, or I may keep shopping. I have something to drive for a while so I'm not in any hurry.

#582399 - 09/07/06 11:34 AM Re: Used X Shopping
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah, I'll be interested to see how this turns out. If someone from out of town buys it, will they fly in and make a nice road trip out of it or will they try using that shipping service that's on there? I haven't had experience with the shipping service, but it seems reasonably priced from what I've seen. I guess I'll find out tonight. smile

#582400 - 09/07/06 07:29 PM Re: Used X Shopping
Anonymous
Unregistered

[Wave]

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal