2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#58459 - 27/07/01 10:15 PM '02 Headlight Mods??
TennesseeX Offline

Loc: Charlotte, NC
I'm really, really looking forward to the 2002 Xterras to come out, I want one bad, BUT, the headlights drive me crazy. What Nissan did with the front bumper and whatnot is somewhat appealing and can be replaced with an ARB if desired, but the headlights took away the Xterra's rugged image. I was wondering if anyone had heard about any possible aftermarket headlight "fixes" for the 2002 Xterra. If somebody on this forum knows anyone in a company that makes such a product, PLEASE try and motivate them to design a headlight cover similar to that of the '00's and '01's. Thanks.

------------------
2001 Nissan Xterra XE 4x2 Auto 3pak, White

#58460 - 27/07/01 10:26 PM Re: '02 Headlight Mods??
ej2k Offline

Loc: StL, MO, USA
I hate the new headlights for the X! What they did was a travesty! Those lights make it look exactly like that 2002 Jeep Liberty.

I thought they were going to make the lights look like the frontiers. That would seem very logical. But instead they make them look worse than they were before.

------------------
beauty is unbearable, drives us to despair, offering us for a minute the glimpse of an eternity that we should like to stretch out over the whole of time...

#58461 - 27/07/01 11:27 PM Re: '02 Headlight Mods??
superjens Offline

Loc: North Vancouver
I might get flamed big time for this, but the new front end is kinda growing on me. I think we're all just used to and in love with our current crop of Xterras, but once we see enough of the 2002's we'll get used to them. Hey, they're still Xterras, they're family!

------------------
Jens
"Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle."

#58462 - 28/07/01 01:30 AM Re: '02 Headlight Mods??
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
I don't really mind the shape so much...it's the cheesy trim they put on them that bugs the crap out of me. The current lights give the X a more mean look. of course the new lights should work a lot better. Hmmm. Will the Frontier lights fit in the new X? I think they are still a different shape, huh?

------------------
ChuckH
2000 SE 4x4, Aztec Red

#58463 - 28/07/01 01:42 AM Re: '02 Headlight Mods??
ej2k Offline

Loc: StL, MO, USA
The X would look so nice with the frontiers new lights on it...

I dont see why they didnt do it.

most car lines keep the same styling for lights for all models...

that way a certain car company can keep a certain feel throughout all its cars..

plus...the frontiers lights are one of the nicest I have seen...they are almost as nice as the lights on the lexus'

------------------
beauty is unbearable, drives us to despair, offering us for a minute the glimpse of an eternity that we should like to stretch out over the whole of time...

#58464 - 28/07/01 09:02 AM Re: '02 Headlight Mods??
Mt. Maxx Offline

Loc: Yavapai County, Arizona
I just bought a 2001 because the 2002 headlights are butt-ugly. With the little trim pieces on the side of the headlights, the 2002 X looks like it wants to cry (probrably because of what the Nissan designers did to it)

------------------
I think I'll take the 2001 please....

[This message has been edited by Mt. Maxx (edited 07-28-2001).]

#58465 - 28/07/01 01:04 PM Re: '02 Headlight Mods??
Schludwiller Offline

Loc: Redmond,WA
I haven't looked at the 2002 lately (I find my lunch stays down better).

But I think part of the problem is that the hood is cut away for the light housing, so any aftermarket light will have to address this.

Lots of people hate the Subaru WRX lights, but there are already some Morette style replacements.

------------------
Xterra4x4.com

Join the Xterra Offroad Webring

#58466 - 28/07/01 06:10 PM Re: '02 Headlight Mods??
rjm022 Offline

Loc: york
look how long it took to start getting aftermarket accessories and parts for the 2000 xterras when they first came out. i believe they were available in june/july of 99. i bought mine in oct of 99 and for the first six to eight months i could not find many accessories for it. you'll have the same problems with the 2002 xterras, relating to the front end.

------------------

#58467 - 30/07/01 07:19 AM Re: '02 Headlight Mods??
BlueRebel Offline

Loc: Richmond, VA
the new headlights make me cringe, i got a 2001 just bc the 2002s look so awful, well that and the fact the dealer REALLY wanted to move his 2001s. and thats true, anyone else notice how all these car makers are going to circular or more roundish headlights? whats up with that? and if i ever hear the X compared to a liberty again....but hey they are still X's so still gotta love'em...right???

------------------
'01 Just Blue 4x4 XE-V6 w/ 3pack

#58468 - 03/03/02 05:35 PM Re: '02 Headlight Mods??
Anonymous
Unregistered

See this post:
--------------------------------------------------
I just bought a 2001 because the 2002 headlights are butt-ugly. With the little trim pieces on the side of the headlights, the 2002 X looks like it wants to cry (probrably because of what the Nissan designers did to it)
------------------
I think I'll take the 2001 please....
--------------------------------------------------
[Huh?] Whats wrong with all of you? The '02 lights are much more functional and with minor tuning, much more bright. Being involved with the design process makes me a bit jaded to the remarks about the Liberty and the X. They are nothing alike, for the exception of being round. But then again, there are plenty of other ROUND lights. Nissan WAS trying to make the '02 Xterra have the basic front fascia of the '01 Frontier but in the long run, descided to throw a bit of spice into the mix of things. They figured that it would be too much like the truck and wanted something more original, since the design team felt that Xterra owners were more original and open minded than most car buyers.
When the shit hits the fan, and it comes down to the wire, I think we should all just be happy that such a reliable company descided to make such an automobile for us, an automobile that we all love. Don't bash it, the new Super Charger and restyled interior makes up for the damn lights anyways guys.........

#58469 - 03/03/02 05:46 PM Re: '02 Headlight Mods??
mudflap Offline

Loc: Rockville, Maryland
Quote:
Originally posted by Brian Allen:

[Huh?] Whats wrong with all of you? The '02 lights are much more functional and with minor tuning, much more bright. Don't bash it, the new Super Charger and restyled interior makes up for the damn lights anyways guys.........
I bought a '02 and the front end is ok with me. Probably more aerodynamic, too, giving some MPG gains. Better lights? Cool. My only beef is with the hump in the hood for the non-existent SC in my non-SC X. It blocks some forward vision when doing some hardcore 4x4 off-road work. Will an earlier hood bolt on?

#58470 - 03/03/02 06:04 PM Re: '02 Headlight Mods??
Anonymous
Unregistered

No, you can't use an earlier hood. The lights bulge up and take two divits out of the lower hood-line, which the 2000-2001 models do not have. However, many others think one of the coolest things about the new '02 IS the hood. I personally think it looks stronger. How much approach view could it possibly block anyway? laugh

#58471 - 03/03/02 08:32 PM Re: '02 Headlight Mods??
Schludwiller Offline

Loc: Redmond,WA
Quote:
How much approach view could it possibly block anyway? laugh [/QB]
Two inches higher, projected about 10 feet in front of the vehicle. Just a guess, how about 1.5 feet. Maybe someone can get some string and measure the distance from the drivers sight line.

#58472 - 04/03/02 10:38 AM Re: '02 Headlight Mods??
mudflap Offline

Loc: Rockville, Maryland
Quote:
Originally posted by Brian Allen:
No, you can't use an earlier hood. The lights bulge up and take two divits out of the lower hood-line, which the 2000-2001 models do not have. However, many others think one of the coolest things about the new '02 IS the hood. I personally think it looks stronger. How much approach view could it possibly block anyway? laugh
1 pre-'02 hood + 1 sawzall = flat hood on '02 [Freak]

#58473 - 04/03/02 12:37 PM Re: '02 Headlight Mods??
Anonymous
Unregistered

Really, you think the '02 hood blocks a foot and a half? Wow, hhmm, dont see it, but oh well....
Yeah, you could always just cut off the lower 3 inches of the '02 hood as mentioned above. wink

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal