2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 38 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 6 of 10 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#590168 - 24/12/06 08:35 AM Re: Canon XTI 10Mp Camera - Any good?
01SalsaXterra Offline

Loc: Suffolk County,NY,USA
Xorand,
That is a nice simple site you have set up. I've been meaning to do the same.
Beautiful pix too..

Did you make the site yourself or is it offered by a picture hosting service, like the one that
KJDragon posted?

I have over 15 gig of photos that havent been posted or organized for that matter.

Any info or tips would be greatly appreciated.
I am not a web designer.
Thanks! [ThumbsUp]

I got "IT" from ebay.
Now it burns when I pee..

#590169 - 24/12/06 02:15 PM Re: Canon XTI 10Mp Camera - Any good?
Xorand Offline

Loc: LA (Lower Alabama)
Pbase allows you to set up your pages however you like. By default, it looks pretty much like my non-linked pages (i.e. the individual picture galleries). You can add cascading style sheet code to each page to customize it how you want it and so forth, so you can really make it fancy, or just keep it simple.

It's $23 a year (payable via Paypal, if you wish) for 400 Meg of storage. While that doesn't sound like a lot, initially, remember that most smart people downsize their images before posting them (so the simple resizing routines on Pbase don't massacre your photos, and so that nobody downloads your originals).

Right now, my stats show that I have 1,010 images online and I'm only using 176 Megs (less than 1/2 ) of my storage. They usually up the storage (for the same price) about once a year or so. When I joined about 16 months ago, they had just changed from 200 Megs to 300 Megs, then, just before I renewed in August, they had upped the 300 to 400. Still only $23 a year.

The best part I like is that they don't have popups, etc. and you can directly link original, medium or small images anywhere (like I do here). Linking an image is as simple as displaying the image in your browser, copy the URL and paste it in your target, adding .JPG to the end of it.

They also give pretty good stats on your profile page, so you can see how many hits you've had. They're also working on adding facilities to allow you to sell your prints directly on your pages.

#590170 - 24/12/06 06:42 PM Re: Canon XTI 10Mp Camera - Any good?
RReuscher Offline
Tyrannt

Loc: Carrollton, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by sonnyc:
[b]Originally posted by cornick:
I have an extra one. But how can those things be $12? I should get a couple extra because I want to buy the grip as well.

And oh yea, I'm on that board as well as well the only screen name I've had.... cornick smile

Yeah I was surprise how cheap they are too compare to the Canon.

With 2000mA, there's a lot of juice. I've been using it for about 100 shots so far without issues. Super fast free shipping with USPS too.

I also have the grip and with 2 of these, I can go all day.[/b]
I've had these batteries for a little more than a year now (they were only 1800mAh then). They lasted me almost (the two in a grip) a week last year at the Big Bend trip before I had to recharge them as we started our return trip home. They are all I use now, and easily run the entire weekend on campouts (that's with no flash, I use an external flash with 2650 NiMH rechargeables that also last the entire weekend on one charge). There's supposed to be a new hybrid technology for NiMH rechargeables, that are supposed to store power much longer when just sitting around, to make using rechargeables easier and not have to charge them up just before you use them. I read about them somewhere a couple of days ago, and saw them in Walmart yesterday. I picked up a couple to test them out, they are only 2500mAh, so they are not as powerful as my current favorite rechargeables, but if they have a better shelf life they could be a lot easier to use.
Carrollton RACES/ARES #4007/A07

#590171 - 25/12/06 01:19 AM Re: Canon XTI 10Mp Camera - Any good?
KJ_dragon Offline

Loc: East Bay, CA
Things that I like about smugmug.

$39/ yr. Unlimited space to upload photos. Right now, I have over 15GB (that's 15 gigabytes!)of jpgs stored on my site in lots of different galleries. The layout is somewhat customizeable at my current subscription - but if I want, I can go up to a pro account and get more layout - custom passwords - charge for downloads and charge when people order prints, so I can collect any profits from the sale of shots that I take. Not really useful for me right now, but if I choose to try and sell my photos someday, I can. For every referal I find, I get a $10 credit to my next yrs subscription - so 3 referals and I get a free year.

I allow people to download the original jpgs from me (mostly) cause I use my site to share photos with my friends and people from church. I recently discovered that smugmug will give non-profit orgs a free pro account, so I set one up for my church to store church related event photos. If you know of any non-profits who could use this service (church, boy scouts, xterra clubs, toys for tots, etc) here is the contact: http://www.smugmug.com/help/non-profit-free-accounts

Smugmug is one of the few online services that allows my friends to download the original file size/quality. I can turn this off if I choose on a gallery by gallery basis.

No pop-ups or adds, makes it easier for my guests to surf. Reasonably fast display speeds.

#590172 - 25/12/06 04:52 AM Re: Canon XTI 10Mp Camera - Any good?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I work for a hosting provider, so I just use a regular hosting account, then install a script like Coppermine or Gallery. My coppermine script is throwing errors on the homepage right now, which I have to try and fix.

My daughters site uses Gallery: http://www.jholgate.com/gallery

We use that site to share pictures of our daughter with my family back home in England. They can download the original size etc. Plus Gallery has an awesome upload tool called 'Gallery Remote' which installs on your computer and is a simple Drag / Drop interface for uploading files and creating new albums etc.

I just registered xtisite.com, which will be my main photo site for pics taken with my Rebel XTI, once I get it up and running.

#590173 - 26/12/06 06:29 PM Re: Canon XTI 10Mp Camera - Any good?
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
In the Killer Bees Thread, I noticed he said he used a Rebel XT with a 28-135IS lens. From the pictures, it looks like it's a good one. Would you "pros" agree?

#590174 - 27/12/06 11:02 AM Re: Canon XTI 10Mp Camera - Any good?
KJ_dragon Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:
In the Killer Bees Thread, I noticed he said he used a Rebel XT with a 28-135IS lens. From the pictures, it looks like it's a good one. Would you "pros" agree?
the 28-135 IS is not considered a "pro" lens - both in optics and construction. It's probably a high end comsumer level lens. Maybe "prosumer" level. But I can't name many pros who typically carry one.

Then again, mated to an XT is probably ok - since the XT is not a "pro" body anyways.

If you only had room for one lens - the 28-135 isn't a bad choice. Probably well suited for travel, although if you take alot of indoor party pics - 28mm will not be enough for a cropped DSLR sensor. On the zoom end, 135mm is pretty good - especially on a cropped sensor.

Personally, I'm waiting for Canon to come out with their version of the Nikon 18-200VR (MSRP $800). For a "do everything" lens - the Nikon is pretty good and is a popular choice for travel amongst Nikonians. And if you only had room for one lens - that'd be a good one to pick.

#590175 - 14/01/07 09:52 PM Re: Canon XTI 10Mp Camera - Any good?
airbutchie Offline

Loc: Where the freakin' Rose Parade...
Hey hey hey...

Reviving an old thread for the photogs here in XOC... I took these shots here in "chilly" SoCal this morning...

1 of 2 sets:

- Air B

#590176 - 14/01/07 09:56 PM Re: Canon XTI 10Mp Camera - Any good?
airbutchie Offline

2 of 2 sets:

bbbbuuuuuurrrrrrrrr

I'll post more soon... Enjoy!!

- Air B laugh

edit: the exif are attached to each image if you want to see details of the composition...

#590177 - 16/01/07 08:15 AM Re: Canon XTI 10Mp Camera - Any good?
Andre the Giant Offline

Loc: Cape Girardeau, MO
We purchased our Canon XTI a few days before Christmas. I've been learning the features, but so far we've used it as a glorified point-and-shoot. Still, I can already do more with it than our old Yashica FR-1 35mm camera. We have put our other 35mm setup, a Minolta Maxxum with extra lenses on ebay.

We are letting our finances recover a bit before we buy extra lenses, etc.

#590178 - 16/01/07 08:52 AM Re: Canon XTI 10Mp Camera - Any good?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Awesome pics. I'm heading to the Barret Jackson car auction later so might get some nice pics of some sweet rides.

#590179 - 16/01/07 06:54 PM Re: Canon XTI 10Mp Camera - Any good?
Xorand Offline

My favorite pic from the last week or so. I just love action shots. (Posted a little large to bring out all the cool detail).

Technical information:
Canon Digital Rebel (300D) 6MP
Canon 18-55mm kit lens at 55mm
1/400s, ISO400, f/7.1

I had it on Av mode (my usual shooting mode) and had accidentally rolled the wheel earlier, which upped the f/stop from my usual 3.5-4.0, so my shutter speed was a little slower than I would've liked, but it still worked well.

#590180 - 17/01/07 03:54 PM Re: Canon XTI 10Mp Camera - Any good?
Anonymous
Unregistered

#590181 - 24/01/07 05:36 PM Re: Canon XTI 10Mp Camera - Any good?
warlock Offline

Loc: Springfield VA
Originally posted by airbutchie:
I'm really glad to see the "Photogs" come out in our XOC family... Whether it's Nikon or Canon, we are all after the same thing... A great picture to share with everyone...

Here are some of my pics DonnieandJemie

#590182 - 24/01/07 06:50 PM Re: Canon XTI 10Mp Camera - Any good?
Xorand Offline

Nice-looking work, warlock. I like the gallery, too. Pretty neat stuff.

#590183 - 25/01/07 05:17 AM Re: Canon XTI 10Mp Camera - Any good?
warlock Offline

Thanks. I accidentally found the site its origin is in japan. The only thing is it only allows 20mb of up each month.
Im trying to upload some of my nice pics there to kinda build a online portfolio.

Thanks

#590184 - 25/01/07 08:41 AM Re: Canon XTI 10Mp Camera - Any good?
airbutchie Offline

Since XOC is my "extended" family, here's my photog webpage for ya'll to view...

Air B\'s Photog Webpage!!!

- Butch laugh

#590185 - 25/01/07 05:44 PM Re: Canon XTI 10Mp Camera - Any good?
warlock Offline

I actually still owe you guys a comparison of the kinds of flash diffusers and there effect on a subject.

I have the Gary Fong Clear, Cloud, clear dome, amber dome, and the chrome dome and finally the Joe Demb FlipIt Flash diffusers.

#590186 - 07/02/07 11:20 AM Re: Canon XTI 10Mp Camera - Any good?
PoorBoy Offline

Loc: Nacogdoches, TX
First of, the Photographer on the Net forums are freaking awesome. I've learned so much from looking through those. I just recently got a Canon 5D with a couple of lenses. I've been into photography for a while now but just now getting into the real manual/pro stuff. Been trying to learn settings for dark concert settings and action shots without using a flash. Anyway, last night my band and I had some free time so I goofed around trying to get a hang of the camera and settings. Happy with these first tries. It was really dark to begin with because a few of our lights weren't hooked up yet, so when we get them all hooked up they'll turn out better. Taken with a Canon 50mm lens at 30 / 1.8 and AWB on.

#590187 - 07/02/07 12:50 PM Re: Canon XTI 10Mp Camera - Any good?
KJ_dragon Offline

Quote:
Since XOC is my "extended" family, here's my photog webpage for ya'll to view...

[b] Air B\'s Photog Webpage!!!

- Butch laugh [/b]
I just added you as a "friend" on my smugmug page.
smile

#590188 - 07/02/07 12:51 PM Re: Canon XTI 10Mp Camera - Any good?
KJ_dragon Offline

For anyone who's interested in my latest photo project - I started a new thread here:

http://www.xterraownersclub.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=20;t=011076

#590189 - 08/02/07 08:41 AM Re: Canon XTI 10Mp Camera - Any good?
airbutchie Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by KJ_dragon:
Quote:
[b]Since XOC is my "extended" family, here's my photog webpage for ya'll to view...

[b] Air B\'s Photog Webpage!!!

- Butch laugh [/b]
I just added you as a "friend" on my smugmug page.
smile [/b]
Schweet... Thanks KJ... I'll do so, with your smugmug site, in kind...

- Butch laugh

#590190 - 16/02/07 02:54 PM Re: Canon XTI 10Mp Camera - Any good?
airbutchie Offline

*Bump*

Bring back our photog thread... Just came back from Boise, Idaho to visit my newborn nephew... I was able to go out and have a "photog" day to myself... Here's the fruits of my labor (two sets)...

SET ONE: Landscapes

Early evening using 30sec exposure:

- Air B

#590191 - 16/02/07 02:56 PM Re: Canon XTI 10Mp Camera - Any good?
airbutchie Offline

SET TWO: Miscellaneous

- Air B

#590192 - 16/02/07 02:58 PM Re: Canon XTI 10Mp Camera - Any good?
airbutchie Offline

I lied...

SET THREE: Sunsets

- Air B

Page 6 of 10 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal