shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#590243 - 04/06/07 05:41 PM Re: Canon XTI 10Mp Camera - Any good?
warlock Offline

Loc: Springfield VA
Here are some pics take from 2004 OC car show

hope you guys like it

#590244 - 09/06/07 08:57 PM Re: Canon XTI 10Mp Camera - Any good?
warlock Offline

Pics taken on the way to Virgina Beach for a graduation/birthday party. I decided to go on a detour going to the party just to drive around and clear my head. when I saw this park.

I would like to Thank All of our Service Men,Women and their families for their sacrifice.

#590245 - 09/06/07 09:16 PM Re: Canon XTI 10Mp Camera - Any good?
RReuscher Offline
Tyrannt

Loc: Carrollton, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by KJ_dragon:

Not sure what lens you've got there, but the vignetting with it is pretty bad. (the darker corners). Other than that nice pictures. Maybe it has something to do with a Nikon taking pictures of a guy using a Canon. smile
Carrollton RACES/ARES #4007/A07

#590246 - 10/06/07 12:53 AM Re: Canon XTI 10Mp Camera - Any good?
KJ_dragon Offline

Loc: East Bay, CA
I like the look of the vinetting and so I added it in post with Lightroom. I also overcranked colors to add vibrance - albiet the LCD on my laptop is "off" so alot of these are probably too orange and yellow.

#590247 - 10/06/07 08:50 PM Re: Canon XTI 10Mp Camera - Any good?
RReuscher Offline
Tyrannt

Loc: Carrollton, TX
Quote:
I like the look of the vinetting and so I added it in post with Lightroom. I also overcranked colors to add vibrance - albiet the LCD on my laptop is "off" so alot of these are probably too orange and yellow.
OK that makes sense, I thought it strange it wasn't in all of them, but without the EXIF information I couldn't tell. I had a cheap lens once for my film 35mm, that did it, but only when at the extreme focal length of the zoom. It was very annoying
Carrollton RACES/ARES #4007/A07

#590248 - 24/06/07 07:30 PM Re: Canon XTI 10Mp Camera - Any good?
warlock Offline

testing out the ABR800 ring flash and vagabon powersupply from alienbee.

full dump at 300mm

#590249 - 27/06/07 04:58 PM Re: Canon XTI 10Mp Camera - Any good?
airbutchie Offline

Loc: Where the freakin' Rose Parade...
That's a great second shot with the AB, warlock... Very nice!

- airbutchie [ThumbsUp]

#590250 - 02/09/07 07:35 PM Re: Canon XTI 10Mp Camera - Any good?
DocNo Offline

Loc: NoVA
Great thread. I recently decided to pick up a Canon EOS 40D - will be traveling to the galapagos islands next month, and decide now was as good as time as any to jump off the fence and commit [Freak]

I've always preferred Canon's menu systems, and I think they have a better selection of lenses. Plus I have friends with Canon gear who I can swap lenses with smile That and the Nikon D300 won't be out until November, and will cost $500 more - the 40D is a no-brainer for a higher end "prosumer" camera.

When I get back and want to start playing indoors - great site on lighting:

http://super.nova.org/DPR/

I've been spending so much time in the forums on http://www.dpreview.com that I have a pretty severe headache. Talk about drinking from the fire hose!

So now I just have to find one smile I screwed up and didn't order one Thursday from Ritz online, or I would have had it yesterday. Now I should have it by Thursday.

#590251 - 03/09/07 11:40 AM Re: Canon XTI 10Mp Camera - Any good?
KJ_dragon Offline

#590252 - 03/09/07 06:22 PM Re: Canon XTI 10Mp Camera - Any good?
airbutchie Offline

Hey Doc... Check out this website for all your Canon questions and such... It's a great site to look over and gather information on whether its lenses and gear... Linky below:

Canon On The Net Website

- Air B laugh

#590253 - 03/09/07 06:38 PM Re: Canon XTI 10Mp Camera - Any good?
KJ_dragon Offline

If price was a major factor for you, and you don't mind not having the latest - you probably coulda scored a 30D for cheap since the 40D's are out now. Same for the D200.

I saw a D200 body only on craigslist the other day for $650!!!

#590254 - 04/09/07 08:18 PM Re: Canon XTI 10Mp Camera - Any good?
DocNo Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by airbutchie:
Hey Doc... Check out this website for all your Canon questions and such... It's a great site to look over and gather information on whether its lenses and gear...
Yeah, I ran into that site and it looked like a good one - thanks for the link.

From my other thread:

I had a really bad cold yesterday and last night - I ended up sleeping in this morning. Got up this afternoon, and thought what the heck - I'll check Best Buy again - and they had it in stock! I ordered one over the web, and picked it up tonight:

Hehe - I can't stop playing with it. Damn battery doesn't last long enough.

Damn cold is driving me nuts, though. It's hard to aim the camera when you are either sniffling, coughing or sneezing [Freak]

#590255 - 04/09/07 09:09 PM Re: Canon XTI 10Mp Camera - Any good?
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
If price was a major factor for you, and you don't mind not having the latest - you probably coulda scored a 30D for cheap since the 40D's are out now. Same for the D200.

One word for that - HOT.

There is no way in hell someone is going to sell a D200 for that price (unless it's stolen or trashed beyond repair). The D100 is still going for around $450-500.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#590256 - 04/09/07 09:11 PM Re: Canon XTI 10Mp Camera - Any good?
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DocNo:
Damn battery doesn't last long enough.
How long does the Canon battery last? Nikon's batteries are incredible - I can use a single battery on the D80 all day long with a pair of 2GB cards - without ever turning off the camera - and still have plenty of juice left over to transfer the entire contents of both to the computer.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#590257 - 04/09/07 11:35 PM Re: Canon XTI 10Mp Camera - Any good?
KJ_dragon Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:
Quote:
[b]Damn battery doesn't last long enough.
How long does the Canon battery last? Nikon's batteries are incredible - I can use a single battery on the D80 all day long with a pair of 2GB cards - without ever turning off the camera - and still have plenty of juice left over to transfer the entire contents of both to the computer.[/b]
Maybe it needs to charge overnight the first time?

My D70 goes a couple hundred shots before one bar disappears from the battery display.

#590258 - 04/09/07 11:38 PM Re: Canon XTI 10Mp Camera - Any good?
KJ_dragon Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:
Quote:
[b]If price was a major factor for you, and you don't mind not having the latest - you probably coulda scored a 30D for cheap since the 40D's are out now. Same for the D200.

One word for that - HOT.

There is no way in hell someone is going to sell a D200 for that price (unless it's stolen or trashed beyond repair). The D100 is still going for around $450-500.[/b]
you're probably right. Either that or a complete moron got it as a gift and is selling it.

Either way, I think its a hoax or something cause the person never replied to my email asking to meet him/her at a local starbucks for me to test with my own lens and memory card.

#590259 - 05/09/07 06:05 PM Re: Canon XTI 10Mp Camera - Any good?
DocNo Offline

Quote:
Maybe it needs to charge overnight the first time?

My D70 goes a couple hundred shots before one bar disappears from the battery display.
Well, I took several hundred pictures. Just fooling around smile

And I was using the flash. And live view. I think that's what killed it - you can use the LCD as a viewfinder. It does heat the sensor up and you get some noise (aside from killing the battery). Something to use occasionally, but not all the time.

A friend is loaning me a 100-400L , 70-300 and 10-22 to play with over the weekend.

It's going to be hard giving them back [Freak]

#590260 - 05/09/07 06:42 PM Re: Canon XTI 10Mp Camera - Any good?
Mobycat Offline

Quote:

And I was using the flash. And live view. I think that's what killed it - you can use the LCD as a viewfinder.
Oh yeah, that'll do it.

I'm looking forward to the 15th of this month - I'm borrowing a friends Nikon 18-200 VR lens at a Whippet event. Fast dogs require VR!

#590261 - 06/09/07 12:09 AM Re: Canon XTI 10Mp Camera - Any good?
KJ_dragon Offline

oh yeah - forgot about live view. DSLR purists probably would frown against it's usage. :p

#590262 - 06/09/07 06:36 PM Re: Canon XTI 10Mp Camera - Any good?
DocNo Offline

Quote:
oh yeah - forgot about live view. DSLR purists probably would frown against it's usage. :p
Aw fuck 'em. Really, it's just another tool. I was talking to my friend who loaned me the lenses (did I mention, it's going to be REALLY hard to give them back? They are sitting next to me right now) the whole "purist" thing is like the Unix elitists - if you haven't "suffered" through obscure trivia and quirky equipment you aren't worthy of partaking in the "craft".

Whatever :rolleyes: I'm going to enjoy my camera and all of it's features (including the pre-set modes as well as fiddling with the manual settings) and all their snooty turning up of their noses won't change that in the least cool

#590263 - 23/09/07 04:58 PM Re: Canon XTI 10Mp Camera - Any good?
Huey Offline

Loc: Hayward, CA
Bumping this thread back up.

So I wanted to thank everyone that has contributed to this thread as it had helped me with quite a few of my decisions when buying my first d-SLR, lens, and other bits.

Here's my set up:

Canon DRebel XTi
EF-S 17-55 w/image stabilizer
Opteka battery grip

And a few of my pics taken with it:

Flying fan at the SF MOMA

Tigers

Don't Jump

At the San Jose GP

#590264 - 23/09/07 07:03 PM Re: Canon XTI 10Mp Camera - Any good?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just bought this for $130. It was in the wrong spot in Circuit city and they gave it to me for that price. Sweet huh!

#590265 - 23/09/07 07:28 PM Re: Canon XTI 10Mp Camera - Any good?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by soccerbrace:
I just bought this for $130. It was in the wrong spot in Circuit city and they gave it to me for that price. Sweet huh!
Which circuit city and do they have more???

#590266 - 23/09/07 09:25 PM Re: Canon XTI 10Mp Camera - Any good?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Tyler, it was the Circuit City right by my place on Platte and Academy in CS.

I do not think that they have anymore, however, they are notoious for leaving advertisments up when they are not supposed to be there anymore.

Example. About 9 months ago, I bought a TV from there. I boutght a 1080 Samsung 56" TV. It was normally something like 2700 and it was on sale for 2100. The sticker was up but th sale had expired. I had them price match it it Best buy and got it for 2000. I found a sign that said that free MP3 player with purchase. That offer was no longer valid, but the sign was there. They got the MP3 player and had to give me the TV for $1800 and just give me the MP3 player with it. I also got them to give me a TV stand that normally costs $350 for $200 because of a sticked that was no longer valid.

#590267 - 27/09/07 01:42 PM Re: Canon XTI 10Mp Camera - Any good?
airbutchie Offline

So.... Doc.... Any sample pics from your 40D laying around?! Post post post my friend!!!

And soccerbrace, you actually got the 40D from Circuit City for $130 because of a price mistake? Holla back on that story...

- Air B eek

Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal