shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 26 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 25 26 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#591508 - 22/01/08 09:44 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Auditor_Kevin:
Ron Paul doesn't believe in evolution?!? Yeesh.
75% of our country doesn't believe in evolution either. It's just an easy way to grab the christian vote.

#591509 - 22/01/08 09:52 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Coop Offline

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
Quote:
Originally posted by MidnightX:
He's a man of faith. Doesn't everyone of faith deny evolution?

Again, is this a big deal?!
No. No they do not. And I'm damn sick of people making that bullshit assumption, and telling me what I have to believe if I want to believe in a God.

I am allowed to believe in a creator, and also to believe that he works solely through science (the physical laws of our universe). The two do not conflict.

#591510 - 22/01/08 10:37 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
MidnightX Offline

Loc: Jacksonville, Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Coop:
No. No they do not. And I'm damn sick of people making that bullshit assumption, and telling me what I have to believe if I want to believe in a God.

I am allowed to believe in a creator, and also to believe that he works solely through science (the physical laws of our universe). The two do not conflict.
As you can tell, I'm not very religious. wink Sorry for the assumption. I think your belief is one that makes sense. To ME, anyway.

#591511 - 22/01/08 11:40 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by MidnightX:
Here's Ron Paul's response to your racism comment, Madman:
It isn't just my racism comment. Everyone is a bit appalled by Ron Paul's newsletters.

His comments and explanations are completely bogus and nothing but a lie.

For years the newsletters were published with his name on it and he made money off of it. The newsletters were published and written in the first person. For anyone to believe that someone would publish a newsletter with their name right on the top without knowing what was contained within those newsletters is extremely naive and gullible.

The newsletters are not only loaded with racism. They are loaded with all kinds of nutjob conspiracy theories.

Most of the media is not taking him to task because they know he has no chance of winning. But... Ron Paul has put a very large stain on the Libertarian movement and some have abandoned him in light of the newsletters.

It's even debateable if Ron Paul is even a Libertarian since Libertarians are the biggest supporters of free trade and an open immigration policy. Things Ron Paul vehemently opposes.

Your previous comments saying Ron Paul can't help who supports him is only half true. When it is brought to his attention that neo-Nazi's and Stormfront people have donated money to him, he could do the right thing by returning the money. For the most part he doesn't do that.

#591512 - 22/01/08 12:34 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
MidnightX Offline

Whatever. I still support him. laugh

#591513 - 22/01/08 12:42 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Anonymous
Unregistered

#591514 - 22/01/08 04:35 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Samueul Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA. USA
The only dirt the media has been able to bring up on Paul is those news letters and if you actually look, you will find just as much evidence debunking those newsletters as you will see condemning Paul for them. That's it though... nothing else... Compare that to ANY of the other candidates....

With Thompson out, Paul is the only candidate I'd vote for... I sort of liked Obama, but after the last couple weeks and his "time for change" chest thumping and current mudslinging (something he said he wouldn't do) I find him no better than the rest. Plastic politicians.

Paul at least has a solid voting record and sticks to his guns without waffling.... oh well....

#591515 - 22/01/08 05:51 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Anonymous
Unregistered

While I'm sad to see Fred exit the race, I sincerely hope that another Republican candidate will consider him as a running mate. [ThumbsUp]

#591516 - 22/01/08 07:15 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Anonymous
Unregistered

Romney-Thompson '08.

#591517 - 22/01/08 07:43 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by koalakilla:
I find it surprising that as a medical doctor, Ron Paul denies the theory of evolution. I know during my Bio and genetics classes we covered it and Im sure he did as well.
Dude, when Ron Paul was in medical school, Trepanation 101 was a required course.

#591518 - 22/01/08 08:00 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
NY Madman Offline

Fred Thompson is definitely on and/or near the top of the short list to be on the bottom of any Republican ticket.

The main thing that Republicans, and conservatives really, have to do is try as hard as as possible to keep McCain from getting the nomination.

There is too much idiocy going on right now among some Republicans and conservatives who think they just need someone who can beat Hillary or Obama. I say that is COMPLETELY WRONG.

#591519 - 22/01/08 09:08 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
Fred Thompson is definitely on and/or near the top of the short list to be on the bottom of any Republican ticket.

The main thing that Republicans, and conservatives really, have to do is try as hard as as possible to keep McCain from getting the nomination.

There is too much idiocy going on right now among some Republicans and conservatives who think they just need someone who can beat Hillary or Obama. I say that is COMPLETELY WRONG.
While I don't like McCain's politics, they're better than Billary's or Obama's. And while I would rather see another candidate get the Republican nomination, can any of the candidates beat Billary/Obama? Be honest, don't go off on tangents, just a yes or no and who.

#591520 - 22/01/08 10:23 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
NY Madman Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ChefTyler:

While I don't like McCain's politics, they're better than Billary's or Obama's. And while I would rather see another candidate get the Republican nomination, can any of the candidates beat Billary/Obama? Be honest, don't go off on tangents, just a yes or no and who.
Can any other candidate beat Hillary or Obama? I don't know. Maybe. Hillary is talking some really scary shit. To Obama's credit, he is not talking the same level of scary government control. However, Obama is really no different than most modern Democrats when you take a close look, and really doesn't offer much "change".

I think DesertRat said it best when he said "there's a huge and growing number of people in this country that don't believe in personal responsibility, and would prefer the government wipe their asses for them". That mentality is dominating American politics today. Unfortunately it is on both the Democrat and to a certain degree the Republican side.

Is John McCain better than Hillary or Obama? I personally don't think so. Maybe only marginally. Not enough to warrant completely destroying the Republican Party with a nominee like McCain.

McCain has gone to considerable efforts to fuck over conservatives and Republicans. He is more comfortable working with Ted Kennedy than he is working with a conservative Republican.

McCain would prefer a Democrat congress if he were ever president because he would then be able to institute the same agenda he has always fought for when fucking over Republicans and conservatives in the Senate.

If this country is going to be fucked over in the next four years with things like amnesty for illegal aliens; bringing in all their relatives; showering illegals with all kinds of benefits including Social Security and taxpayer health care; continued attacks on the first amendment; constitutional rights for international terrorists; liberal judicial appointments; Democrat tax policies; appeasing liberal/progressive social agendas; etc., etc., etc., it is better done by a Democrat.

McCain lies and says he is a pro-life Republican. He is nothing of the sort. He actually filed an amicus brief in a case before the Supreme Court against a Missouri right-to-life group's first amendment rights to speak out against abortion. Not only is McCain hiding his abortion position, he fights against people's rights to exercise their first amendment rights.

McCain is one of the biggest liars to ever run for political office. He is complete scum.

McCain would be no different than having a Democrat as president. He would be worse.

If this country is going to be fucked over, it is better off if a Democrat is in office. If McCain is in office, the public will blame the Republican Party regardless of the fact that McCain is not, and has never been a good Republican nor a conservative. McCain believes in many of the same things as the Democrats and the Ted Kennedy wing of the Democrat Party.

McCain would do nothing but actually destroy the Republican Party. Something he has actively worked for from within for many years.

If Hillary were to become president, she would most likely be a one term president. She is not her husband and is not willing to govern and concede to moderate positions like her husband. She is the radical one of the two and won't be able to help herself on instituting her agenda once in office.

That would pull the Republican Party back to it's roots and conservative ideals and most likely also pull the public back to conservative governmental ideals and the Republican Party after a few years of Hillary Clinton and her statist agenda.

A McCain presidency would destroy the Republican Party for possibly a generation.

For Republicans to settle on McCain because they think he can beat Hillary is completely absurd.

What does it matter if he beats Hillary and destroys the Republican Party?

#591521 - 23/01/08 02:44 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
I've got ED too! shocked But this is not the first time, and probably not the last. I'm almost to the point where I don't care who gets it as long as it's not Hillary. Gawd I hate her!

#591522 - 23/01/08 04:31 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
MidnightX Offline

I got my Ron Paul bumper sticker yesterday. WOOHOO! :p

#591523 - 23/01/08 07:00 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't get the Ron Paul infatuation. Even if he does have these wonderful ideals (which I don't really think he does), his effectiveness in making any of those reality will be severely limited because he's generally perceived as a kook. Ron Paul would be unsuccessful for the same reason most independent candidates would be unsuccessful. You have to have friends to make things happen.

Ron Paul would be a foreign policy disaster - far worse than GWB.

With regard to a couple of Madman's comments, the pro-life / pro-abortion debate should NOT be a major reason to vote one way or the other. There's just too many more important issues than abortion right now. No republican will have the power to overturn Roe vs. Wade, nor should one waste the effort to do so (Huck, are you listening?)

I still think the best thing for this country is someone who was successful in the private sector. I don't think Romney is an ideal candidate - far from it, in fact, but out of those that have a chance, he's far and away the best choice. I prefer wiping my own ass.

#591524 - 23/01/08 08:21 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Madman... I'm really interested in finding out if you have any ideas of who you're voting for. I know you really hate McCain and you really don't like Ron Paul. And I know you won't throw your vote at Billary or B-Rock. So who you votin' for? Any thoughts at all? I can honestly say, more than at any other election, I am completely stumped this go around. I'm seriously thinking about not voting at all. Don't see the point in giving my vote to the least sucky versus the best candidate (because there isn't one).

#591525 - 23/01/08 08:23 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Desert_Rat:
I don't think Romney is an ideal candidate - far from it, in fact, but out of those that have a chance, he's far and away the best choice.
Dude, no way. Do you have any idea how much money we'll have to spend on additions to the White House for all of his wives?

#591526 - 23/01/08 08:43 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
great pyr-hauler Offline

Loc: Illinois
At this point I think the best overall option would be a Republican controlled congress and Obama as President. The worst would be Clinton and a Democratic Congress.

Focusing on the Dems as President because I just don't think there is a Republican who can win.

#591527 - 23/01/08 09:18 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by rift:
Quote:
[b]I don't think Romney is an ideal candidate - far from it, in fact, but out of those that have a chance, he's far and away the best choice.
Dude, no way. Do you have any idea how much money we'll have to spend on additions to the White House for all of his wives?[/b]
Heh, anyone who can handle more than one wife has superior management skills!

....and the White house is a pretty big house. :p

#591528 - 23/01/08 10:59 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
NY Madman Offline

Quote:

I don't get the Ron Paul infatuation. Even if he does have these wonderful ideals (which I don't really think he does), his effectiveness in making any of those reality will be severely limited because he's generally perceived as a kook. Ron Paul would be unsuccessful for the same reason most independent candidates would be unsuccessful. You have to have friends to make things happen.
The Ron Paul fans are very easy to explain.

Take a look at the people who support him. They are all the fringe of society. They are people who are typically ignornant and uninformed. They are basically stupid (with the exception of MidnightX of course. [ThumbsUp] )

There is no other way to explain Ron Paul's fans because only stupid people would believe and buy into his drivel.

You won't be seeing many Ron Paul votes as the primaries and caucuses move to states where you have to actually be a registered Republican to vote for him.

Quote:
With regard to a couple of Madman's comments, the pro-life / pro-abortion debate should NOT be a major reason to vote one way or the other. There's just too many more important issues than abortion right now. No republican will have the power to overturn Roe vs. Wade, nor should one waste the effort to do so (Huck, are you listening?)
I mentioned abortion as an example of how John McCain fucks over conservatives and Republicans and is a liar.

Abortion is only a marginal issue with me. I don't want politicians in office who will use taxpayer money to pay for them. Thanks to the Democrats, the taxpayers already give well over $300 million a year to Planned Parenthood. That means the taxpayers are paying for abortions through a private organization. The Democrats want to give them more money.

You are also wrong that a president has no power to overturn Roe vs Wade. All that is needed is one more Supreme Court justice who thinks it was a bad decision.

Quote:
I still think the best thing for this country is someone who was successful in the private sector. I don't think Romney is an ideal candidate - far from it, in fact, but out of those that have a chance, he's far and away the best choice. I prefer wiping my own ass.
I tend to agree with that. I don't like people in high office who have spent most of their lives in some public office or another. They are too out of touch and believe too much in government, not people.

#591529 - 23/01/08 11:01 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
NY Madman Offline

Quote:

Hey Madman... I'm really interested in finding out if you have any ideas of who you're voting for. I know you really hate McCain and you really don't like Ron Paul. And I know you won't throw your vote at Billary or B-Rock. So who you votin' for? Any thoughts at all? I can honestly say, more than at any other election, I am completely stumped this go around. I'm seriously thinking about not voting at all. Don't see the point in giving my vote to the least sucky versus the best candidate (because there isn't one).
I have no idea who I am voting for in this election.

So far, I can only say for sure who I am NOT voting for.

I will NOT be voting for McCain, Huckabee, or Paul. All are completely unacceptable on so many levels.

#591530 - 23/01/08 02:43 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
[ Thanks to the Democrats, the taxpayers already give well over $300 million a year to Planned Parenthood. That means the taxpayers are paying for abortions through a private organization. The Democrats want to give them more money.
Is this worse than feeding and clothing welfare babies for 18 years and then letting them progress as adult recipients in the welfare system?

Seems to me a $400 abortion is the cheap way out there.

#591531 - 23/01/08 02:46 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Anonymous
Unregistered

Desert Rat's got a point. I heard on NPR that 100% of welfare babies that grow up to be welfare adults were not aborted as fetuses.

Coincidence? I think not.

#591532 - 23/01/08 03:55 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:

[b]Hey Madman... I'm really interested in finding out if you have any ideas of who you're voting for. I know you really hate McCain and you really don't like Ron Paul. And I know you won't throw your vote at Billary or B-Rock. So who you votin' for? Any thoughts at all? I can honestly say, more than at any other election, I am completely stumped this go around. I'm seriously thinking about not voting at all. Don't see the point in giving my vote to the least sucky versus the best candidate (because there isn't one).
I have no idea who I am voting for in this election.

So far, I can only say for sure who I am NOT voting for.

I will NOT be voting for McCain, Huckabee, or Paul. All are completely unacceptable on so many levels.[/b]
High 5 there bud! [ThumbsUp]

As for the abortion argument.. this reminds me of the book Freakonomics. Authors Steven Levitt & Steve Dubbner caught major flak over their ballsy essay on abortion and society. Great read no matter how you feel about it imo.

Page 3 of 26 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 25 26 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal