shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 4 of 26 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 25 26 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#591533 - 23/01/08 04:02 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Desert_Rat:
Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
[b] [ Thanks to the Democrats, the taxpayers already give well over $300 million a year to Planned Parenthood. That means the taxpayers are paying for abortions through a private organization. The Democrats want to give them more money.
Is this worse than feeding and clothing welfare babies for 18 years and then letting them progress as adult recipients in the welfare system?

Seems to me a $400 abortion is the cheap way out there.[/b]
Unless you're one of those crazy, crazy people who think that abortion is murder. Not baiting you there, just giving my perspective. For those who are passionate about their view that it is murder, abortion simply is not and cannot ever be an option.

#591534 - 23/01/08 05:34 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Samueul Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA. USA
I don't think abortion is murder, but it's definitely termination of life. It's a shame it's done and I personally would not want to be faced with that situation as termination of any life is a grand waste of potential and a tragedy, but unfortunately there are situations where it's warranted.

I guess I am personally against it (granted I've never been faced with the prospect so that belief has never had to be tested) but socially for it as it's too complex an issue for me to judge. It shouldn't be a government issue at all, but an issue between a women and her doctor. Now those idiots who go out and irresponsibly get pregnant then just abort, well they disgust me and hopefully karma will punish them later in life....

#591535 - 24/01/08 08:26 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Auditor_Kevin Offline

Loc: Dundee, IL
Pamela Anderson had one a couple weeks ago.

#591536 - 24/01/08 08:38 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Auditor_Kevin:
Pamela Anderson had one a couple weeks ago.
...and....?

#591537 - 24/01/08 09:37 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
MidnightX Offline

Loc: Jacksonville, Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by rift:
Quote:
Originally posted by Auditor_Kevin:
[b]Pamela Anderson had one a couple weeks ago.
...and....?[/b]
Jus' sayin', I'm sure.

#591538 - 24/01/08 01:44 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
Paulbots Gone Wild.....

This is a somewhat entertaining audio clip from some Ronulan who called a talk radio show in Texas.

The host let the guy rant, but it gives you an idea of the mentality of many in the Cult of Ronulans.

Link to MP3 audio clip...

#591539 - 24/01/08 02:08 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
NY Madman Offline

Update...

Dennis Kucinich has dropped out of the presidential race. He will make a formal announcement tomorrow.... most likely from a spaceship at Shirley MacLaine's house.

Republican Candidate Debate tonight at 9PM EST on MSNBC.

Down a beer every time McCain lies about one of his current or past positions.... and down a beer every time Ron Paul says something completely wacky and loony.

How long can you last?

#591540 - 24/01/08 04:32 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
[b]Update...

Dennis Kucinich has dropped out of the presidential race. He will make a formal announcement tomorrow.... most likely from a spaceship at Shirley MacLaine's house.

[/b]
Good, I can't in good conscience continue to live in a country who's leader is a vegan by choice, so against what our bodies need to survive...you shouldn't need supplements just to keep yourself alive because you think the animals are cute and cuddly.

#591541 - 24/01/08 06:10 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
NY Madman Offline

"Live Posting the Debate..."

I'll be making some updates on the debate.

-- McCain started out by lying about his support for the Bush tax cuts. I'm downing my first beer already.....

-- Huckster was correct when saying most of the rebates would go to buy goods from China. It will be paid for by treasury debt to China.

-- McCain says he make further tax cuts as president. He doesn't have a good tax cutting record. That's good for half a beer.

-- Ron Paul says we have an empire we are maintaining. eek Good God... I didn't buy enough beer.

He correctly says "Sarbanes-Oxley" was bad.

-- McCain is attacking the Democrats on all programs and spending they want to do.

-- Romney says when Republicans act like Democrats.... America loses. [ThumbsUp]

He also attacked Democrats for taking credit for "the surge" turnaround in Iraq.. "How dare they". He is right.

-- Romney get asked a loaded question about what some retired Democrat general who works for NBC news has to say about the military.

-- Russert asks all if removing Saddam was worth it...

...McCain says Iraq mishandled but is turned around and going well right now
...Ron Paul says it was a bad idea.
...Huck says everyone believed Saddam was a threat at the time regardless of what was found afterwards
...Romney agrees is wasn't handled well in the beginning but is turning around.

All but Ron Paul seem to believe we can't just pick up and leave regardless of what went before.

Candidates get to ask each other questions now....

-- Romney asks Rudy about trade with China. Rudy says China is both an opportunity and a reason for caution. Rudy says we never fully recovered from Clinton era military cuts.

-- McCain asks Huck about "fair tax" and impact on poor. Huck responds by lying that it would remove the IRS(which it wouldn't). He says pimps would have to pay taxes... even non-Republicans.

-- Ron Paul asks McCain about the presidents financial advisory group.

-- Huck asks Romney about 2nd Amendment rights and the Brady Bill. Slyly insinuates that Romney flip flopped. Romney says he does not support new legislation and supports 2nd Amendment.

-- Rudy asks Romney about property insurance in Florida. Rudy says he supports a national catastrophic government fund. eek WTF? Romney says he supports a national catastrophic fund (tepidly). (We have federal insurance programs for that already). Romney says people in Iowa shouldn't have to support Florida homeowners. He supports public-private industry solution.

No one mentions personal risk and responsibility when building and owning in hurricane zones. No one seems to want to give direct answer because Florida primary is coming up and they have to pander.

-- Rudy gets asked an environment question. Good on coal. He supports LNG. He supports hybrid vehicles. He is against CO2 caps.

-- McCain lies and says he only supports cap and trade... I'm drinking.

-- Rudy says his campaign will be a comeback just like the NY Giants. :rolleyes:

-- McCain told a lie and said he helped appointing Republican judges (that scum sided with Senate Democrats in the "Gang of 14")..... I'm drinking again.
..Mccain said he was a conservative... that is technical lie. [Uh Oh !]

Damn... I have to take a piss.

-- Romney is attacking Clintons... they are out of touch.
..Russert asks how much of his own money he has spent on campaign. Romney evades the question and says it will be known when he files campaign funding reports. He can't reveal that to his opponents while the next primary is days away.

-- Ron Paul is asked about his position of abolishing social security. Russert reminds him that 3.5 million Florida voters receive SS.

Says he doesn't want to get rid of it right away. Says he has program to help seniors but doesn't really get into any details.

That answer didn't warrant a beer. Not kooky enough.

-- Huckster trying to sell fair tax again. I'm sure all those old people on SS in Florida would really love that.

-- Rudy is asked about his immigration plan requiring immigrants to learn English...Reporter asks why he is running commercials in Spanish. [LOL] Rudy goes on about "tamper proof ID Card" bullshit.

Rudy asked about Cuban refugee policy. Russert absurdly asked why is it different than Mexicans coming here.

-- Huck is asked about Chuck Norris claiming McCain is too old. Says he didn't question Norris because he was standing next to Norris. smile Says it's not an issue for him.

-- McCain jokes he is sending Stallone to take care of Norris.

-- Rudy asked about NY Times calling him vindictive. Not a fair question because most of the papers here are liberal and always hated Rudy. Especially the NY Times.

-- Romney asked about NY Times claiming he is disliked. (I didn't know the NY TImes was running the debate).

-- McCain asked about his bad temper. Gives a bullshit answer then goes on to weirdly praise Rudy.

That's probably not technically a lie, but I opened a new beer anyway. smile

-- Ron Paul asked about a possible third party movement. Says he has no intention.

He correctly says that Republicans aren't acting like Republicans anymore.

The way he talks, he also sounds like he is saying we start a new war every day. I think I may have also heard him mention "empire" again, but I was swigging a beer and can't say for sure.

Mildly kooky. Not worthy of a whole beer.

Well...... that's it. The debate is over.

In Summary.....

The debate kind of sucked. It was basically dull and no real fireworks from anyone.

Ron Paul wasn't as kooky as in previous debates and the bulge on McCain's left cheek didn't seem to expand like a bullfrog in tonight's debate either.

#591542 - 24/01/08 06:46 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
[b]Update...

Dennis Kucinich has dropped out of the presidential race. He will make a formal announcement tomorrow.... most likely from a spaceship at Shirley MacLaine's house.[/b]
In related news, a weird little freak of a man was seen trotting about the surface of Mars today. NASA cannot determine the origin of this man, however he did smell strongly of tofu.

#591543 - 24/01/08 07:16 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Samueul Offline

Quote:
Ron Paul says we have an empire we are maintaining. [Eek!] Good God... I didn't buy enough beer.
How's that statement incorrect? Do we not have military bases all over the world? Aren't we the only nation who does? How many British, German, Japanese, Korean, Indian, Middle Eastern bases do the other world nations have? How many are on our soil? How many strategically placed military installations does any other nation have compared to us? How many other nations economy reside on ours? When is the last time we saw chinese jets fly over american soil, or African navy off of our shores? Where is the head of the U.N. housed? Seriously to say we do not have an "empire" is ridiculous no matter what side you are on or what your political belief is. We are the defacto superpower left in the world.

#591544 - 24/01/08 07:28 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Anonymous
Unregistered

em·pire
–noun
1. a group of nations or peoples ruled over by an emperor, empress, or other powerful sovereign or government: usually a territory of greater extent than a kingdom, as the former British Empire, French Empire, Russian Empire, Byzantine Empire, or Roman Empire.
2. a government under an emperor or empress.
3. (often initial capital letter) the historical period during which a nation is under such a government: a history of the second French empire.
4. supreme power in governing; imperial power; sovereignty: Austria's failure of empire in central Europe.
5. supreme control; absolute sway: passion's empire over the mind.

There were 5 more definitions but this gets the point across.

#591545 - 24/01/08 07:32 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Samueul Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ChefTyler:
em·pire
–noun
1. a group of nations or peoples ruled over by an emperor, empress, or other powerful sovereign or government: usually a territory of greater extent than a kingdom, as the former British Empire, French Empire, Russian Empire, Byzantine Empire, or Roman Empire.
2. a government under an emperor or empress.
3. (often initial capital letter) the historical period during which a nation is under such a government: a history of the second French empire.
4. supreme power in governing; imperial power; sovereignty: Austria's failure of empire in central Europe.
5. supreme control; absolute sway: passion's empire over the mind.

There were 5 more definitions but this gets the point across.
Jesus christ, you know what the fuck he meant.... Is any of my statement untrue? When's the last time you drove through a german base here in the US?

#591546 - 24/01/08 07:54 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
NY Madman Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Samueul:

Quote:
Ron Paul says we have an empire we are maintaining. [Eek!] Good God... I didn't buy enough beer.
How's that statement incorrect? Do we not have military bases all over the world? Aren't we the only nation who does? How many British, German, Japanese, Korean, Indian, Middle Eastern bases do the other world nations have? How many are on our soil? How many strategically placed military installations does any other nation have compared to us? How many other nations economy reside on ours? When is the last time we saw chinese jets fly over american soil, or African navy off of our shores? Where is the head of the U.N. housed? Seriously to say we do not have an "empire" is ridiculous no matter what side you are on or what your political belief is. We are the defacto superpower left in the world.
No, we are not an empire. We don't even come anywhere near the definition of an empire.

We have military bases in places around the world because those places want us there. When they don't, we move as in Saudi Arabia and moving from Okinawa.

Many of those local economies want our bases in those locations. We pay handsome rent and leases for the land and provide cash and jobs for the locals.

If you think the United States is an empire and buy into all that kind of bullshit and propaganda, you have been drinking from a dirty well.

#591547 - 24/01/08 08:10 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Samueul Offline

No I don't think we are literally an empire madman. I think we have a military monopoly though and I think that is what Paul meant. You make a good point that most of those countries want us there, I just don't see the point to a military monopoly anymore. We could spend the money elsewhere or not spend it at all. I think that is what Paul meant.. That's how I took it anyway. Anyway, I'm going to bed. I'll catch you all tomorrow.

#591548 - 25/01/08 08:12 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Anonymous
Unregistered

Madman's synopsis of the debate was great. I LOL'd.

If there was any clear winner, it was Romney. His answers on the issues were definitely the most sensible.

Ron Paul is a kook. Voting for that guy is a thrown away vote. My wife even asked, "Who's that little guy with the white hair? I don't like him." His foreign policy plans are that of fantasies. He's a total isolationist, and while I can see how we could pull back from some of our policies, his ideas go way too far. He has to realize that however much it sucks, we're still dependent on foreign oil for our economy, and as long as that's the case, we need to have a vested interest in the parts of the world where it comes from.

I can see why people like Huckabee. He's got a good sense of humor, he's articulate, and he's generally a good speaker (like most ministers are). His ideas just don't hold water though. The fair tax - his main platform - will never pass. Remember Steve Forbes? Yeah.

McCain did OK, but dodged a lot of questions. He was certainly the most gracious towards other candidates, but yeah, the Rudy love was just wierd.

Rudy had to sit and defend why he's a republican. I got a laugh out of that. He needs to realize that the whole country is not like NYC. In fact, much of the country prides itself in NOT being like NYC.

#591549 - 25/01/08 09:21 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Auditor_Kevin Offline

I sent that Ron Paul caller segment that Madman posted to a Paulbot friend of mine. This is the response I got:

That's the reaction people should have when people disregard the Constitution. It's too bad if the average American who is:

Fat
Stupid
Ugly
Lazy
Indentured
Weak

Gets freightened that some people actually get excited when our country is going to shit against the direct advice and laws of our Constitution.

I totally understood the caller. Didn't mince a single word.

#591550 - 25/01/08 02:54 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
MidnightX Offline

Just read this about the question that Ron Paul asked McCain (of course, posted by a Ron Paul supporter):

Quote:

So what did Ron Paul ask that made McCain babble on, dance around the question, and ultimately never answer?

Dr. Paul was referring to The President's Working Group on Financial Markets, sometimes known as the "Plunge Protection Team". The flashy moniker was dubbed by a Washinton Post copy desk editor to give the group a more sensational nickname.

The Working Group, created by Reagan with Executive Order 12631 in 1988, is an unconstitutionally created secret body who apparently manipulates the stock market in the event of a crash. Much speculation surrounds the group, since it's activities are conducted without oversight.

This is why Dr. Paul mentioned needing more transparency in his question to McCain. He even coached McCain with the correct answer, "So you will get rid of them?". Still no answer, just the evasions. An irony is that the Working Group would consist of some of the same people McCain said he would rely on.

Here is an older article about the Working Group, the one where the group got it's nickname:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/business/longterm/blackm/plunge.htm

And another article with more details:

http://www.jasmts.com/library.php?page=protection

Read a recent article describing their "New Deal" plan with President Bush, and the coming crash as a result:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jh...7/ccview107.xml

Info list on McCains chosen advisors:

John's Neo Con friends:

Gramm: Gramm was partly caught up in the Enron scandal when it emerged that his wife Wendy had part written an exemption for Enron from federal oversight while she was serving on the Commodity Futures Trading Commission. She then accepted a
directorship at Enron. Gramm was personally involved further when it came to light that he had helped to turn the exemption into law as well as push through the deregulation of energy markets that led in part to the Enron scandal. During this period Enron was a major contributor to his campaigns.

Peterson: Peterson is currently Chairman of the Council on Foreign Relations, commencing from 1985 when he took over from David Rockefeller. He also serves as Trustee of the Rockefeller family’s Japan Society and the Museum of Modern Art, and was previously on the board of Rockefeller Center Properties, Inc..

He is founding Chairman of the Peterson Institute (formerly the Institute for International Economics), renamed in his honour in 2006, and a Trustee of the Committee for Economic Development. He was also Chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York between 2000 and 2004.

Rudman: Prior to the September 11, 2001 attacks, Sen. Rudman had served on a now-oft-cited and praised[citation needed] national panel investigating the threat of international terrorism. He, along, with fellow elder statesman former Senator Gary Hart (D-CO), chaired the panel, and both Rudman and Hart have been lauded since Sept. 11 for their prescient conclusions.[citation needed]

Senator Rudman is an Advisory Board member and Co-Chair for the Partnership for a Secure America, a not-for-profit organization dedicated to recreating the bipartisan center in American national security and foreign policy.

The Working Group on Financial Markets (also, President’s Working Group on Financial Markets or the Working Group) was created by Executive Order 12631,[1] signed on March 18, 1988 by United States President Ronald Reagan.

The Group was established explicitly in response to events in the financial markets surrounding October 19, 1987 (”Black Monday”) to give recommendations for legislative and private sector solutions for “enhancing the integrity, efficiency, orderliness, and competitiveness of [United States] financial markets and maintaining investor confidence”.

As established by Executive Order 12631, the Working Group consists of:

The Secretary of the Treasury, or his designee (as Chairman of the Working Group);
The Chairman of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, or his designee;
The Chairman of the Securities and Exchange Commission, or his designee; and
The Chairman of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission, or her designee.

“Plunge Protection Team”
One theory regarding the Working Group refers to it as the Plunge Protection Team. This theory claims that the Working Group is a scheme to manipulate U.S. stock markets in the event of a market crash by using government funds to buy stocks, or other instruments such as stock index futures.
I didn't know anything about this when he asked last night.

#591551 - 25/01/08 03:09 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Auditor_Kevin Offline

Quote:
“Plunge Protection Team”
One theory regarding the Working Group refers to it as the Plunge Protection Team. This theory claims that the Working Group is a scheme to manipulate U.S. stock markets in the event of a market crash by using government funds to buy stocks, or other instruments such as stock index futures.
Seems like a good idea to me.

*shrugs*

#591552 - 29/01/08 11:06 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
NY Madman Offline

There may be a form of Voter Fraud going on right now in Florida....

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sfl-129electionday,0,6968764,print.story

Quote:
In northern Coral Springs, near the Sawgrass Expressway and Coral Ridge Drive, David Nirenberg arrived to vote as an independent. Nevertheless, he said poll workers insisted he choose a party ballot.

"He said to me, 'Are you Democrat or Republican?' I said, 'Neither, I am independent.' He said, 'Well, you have to pick one,''' Nirenberg said.

In Florida, only those who declare a party are allowed to cast a vote in that party's presidential primary. Nirenberg said he tried to explain to the poll worker that he should not vote on a party ballot because of his "no party affiliation" status.

Nirenberg said a second poll worker was called over who agreed that independents should not use party ballots, but said they had received instructions to the contrary.

"He said, 'Ya know, that is kind of funny, but it was what we were told.' … I was shocked when they told me that." Nirenberg said he went ahead and voted for John McCain.
Either it is fraud designed to help one candidate (maybe McCain) or the people who run elections down there are really stupid.

Florida law says that a voter must be registered 29 days prior to the election. That also means they have to be registered Democrats or Republicans to vote in the party primaries.

If this is going on in many voting locations, the losing candidates may need to contest this election. Independents aren't allowed to vote in party primaries in Florida.

#591553 - 29/01/08 12:20 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello major news story for the next two weeks! [ThumbsDown]

#591554 - 29/01/08 01:00 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
MidnightX Offline

I also heard that when you touch the screen for Paul, it chooses McCain. The "hotspot" for Paul's name was like 2" away. Or something. Who knows.

#591555 - 29/01/08 01:16 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by MidnightX:
I also heard that when you touch the screen for Paul, it chooses McCain. The "hotspot" for Paul's name was like 2" away. Or something. Who knows.
If that happens on even one machine in regards to B-Rock, you can bet the ACLU, NAACP, Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton will be on TV in 5 minutes screamin' racism and calling for resignations. :rolleyes:

#591556 - 29/01/08 02:05 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
MidnightX Offline

Yep. Well I'm heading over now to vote. I can't vote for Paul but I think I can vote on other things? Again, who knows. smile

#591557 - 29/01/08 02:30 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
NY Madman Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by MidnightX:

I also heard that when you touch the screen for Paul, it chooses McCain.
That sucks. I was actually hoping the Paulbots would be taking votes away from Senator Hothead.

Here is a video of Democrat Mike Gravel on the campaign trail.... [LOL]

Page 4 of 26 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 25 26 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal