shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 5 of 26 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 25 26 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#591558 - 29/01/08 04:32 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
MidnightX Offline

Loc: Jacksonville, Florida
If this is correct, I am freaking out!

http://jacksonville.com/

#591559 - 29/01/08 04:40 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
MidnightX Offline

NEVERMIND.

#591560 - 29/01/08 04:41 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Samueul Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA. USA
Quote:
Originally posted by MidnightX:
If this is correct, I am freaking out!

http://jacksonville.com/
?

#591561 - 29/01/08 06:32 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
MidnightX Offline

They had Ron Paul wayyyyyy in the lead. But I guess it was a typo. frown

#591562 - 29/01/08 07:23 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
Quote:

They had Ron Paul wayyyyyy in the lead. But I guess it was a typo. frown
Watching it now on Fox. I guess neither of us are happy with the results.

Ron Paul is getting a fraction over 3% of the Florida vote. It's over for him Midnight.

The completely despicable John McCain is the declared winner for the Republicans. To make matters worse, he was just calling himself a conservative in his speech. eek This guy is the lowest of low and the most shameless liar I have ever seen in any politician in my life.

Hillary won for the Democrats. It makes no difference because the Democrat delegates in Florida don't count this year because of the early election (She is already attempting to cheat and get those delegates to be seated and counted, even after the rules were agreed upon).

Governor Crist proved himself to be a real snake in the grass too. I guess that's typical for a McCain ally. The sleaze rubs off. Another Republican that I can't stand is Mel Martinez.

Oh well.... We'll see what happens next Tuesday.

The Huckster has to have a serious case of Roadhouse Blues .

Crank it up...

Romney's upset. He's thinking... Love Hurts

Ron Paul is rebellious and out of control. He's thinking... I Can\'t Drive 65

Rudy.. well.. it's Every Rose has it\'s Thorn

Hillary, well... she's the Angel of the Morning wink ...... [Freak]

#591563 - 30/01/08 05:45 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
MidnightX Offline

All I know is there are 61,000+ smart people in Florida.

#591564 - 30/01/08 07:11 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
MidnightX Offline

FYI - Dr. Paul is not giving up. Just got this email from his campaign mailing list. (Yes, I joined. I even waved signs on the side of the road on Monday!)

Quote:

January 30, 2008

You say you want a revolution?

Every movement in history has faced some time of testing, some experience that either forges it into something strong and unified, or forces it to fade away into the history books as another failed experiment.

Dr. Paul has written to you that we are heading straight for Super Tuesday. Our opponents are free to beat up on each other and wear themselves down while we gather our supporters and prepare to storm the convention with delegates.

Last night, over 60,000 people stood up and asked for an end to the runaway violation of our liberties. But contrary to the impression you may be getting from the mainstream media, no national delegates have yet been won in Florida. Those delegates will only be awarded between February 6 and April 30 at delegate selection caucuses, and many of those delegates will be supporters of Dr. Paul.

Ron Paul is the only candidate not to give up on any state in the Republican race, and just as we competed strongly in overlooked states like Nevada and Louisiana, so too will we compete in Maine, Minnesota, and other states that the so-called "top-tier" candidates are content to ignore.

Now, as the focus shifts to Super Tuesday, Rudy's campaign is crushed, Huckabee is losing momentum by the day, and McCain and Romney are fighting over who is the most liberal.

We've been here before. In 1776, despite a courageous effort at holding onto the city, George Washington ceded New York and quickly retreated to New Jersey.

1777 brought the British recapture of Fort Ticonderoga, as well as American defeats at Brandywine and Germantown.

And then, during the winter of 1777-1778, Washington and his army faced perhaps their most humiliating moment, forced to endure a harsh Pennsylvania winter with limited supplies at Valley Forge.

The American revolutionaries dealt with their defeats, focused on their goals, and emerged from Valley Forge as a force that would defeat the most powerful nation on earth.

Our momentum is building. Each one of us, from Dr. Paul himself down to the grassroots supporter who donates the last $5†he or she†can give, is focused on the goal.

Early in the struggle for American independence, George Washington wrote: "Perseverance and spirit have done wonders in all ages." Even then, Washington realized that a fierce struggle for self-government can only be won with a spirit of determination equal to the challenge.

Today, in the midst of our new revolution, let's consider Washington's words once again. The task before us is enormous. The foes of liberty are deeply entrenched, and they will not relinquish their power without a struggle.

But fighting in our favor is the unconquerable human spirit, the innate desire to be free. We must embrace this inner strength, dig in our heels, and persevere, just as Washington and his rag-tag colonials, the first American grassroots patriots, did before us. And if we must pass through a Valley Forge or two along the way to victory, let those times of testing temper the steel of our determination.

If Ron Paul is to continue his fight for liberty to the Republican Convention, we need your help in two critical ways:

1. Become a precinct leader today: It's easy, but more importantly, it's vital to Ron Paul's success: https://voters.ronpaul2008.com.

2. Donate: Just as the Continental Congress supplied General Washington's troops in the field, we too must raise as much money as we can to equip our grassroots supporters.

Help us win this revolution and usher in a new era of freedom, peace, and prosperity. Donate today: https://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate.

Matthew Hawes, Policy Assistant
Daniel McCarthy, Internet Communications Coordinator
Jonathan Bydlak, Fundraising Director
Ron Paul 2008

#591565 - 30/01/08 07:36 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
MidnightX Offline

And an opinion posted on Jacksonville.com. I'm shocked they even posted it since it was about Ron Paul. :rolleyes:

You don't know how many people told me "Well, I like Ron Paul, but he's just not gonna win, so I'm voting for someone else."

ARGHHHH!!! He CAN win if you VOTE for him, idiots!!!

Quote:

Bias toward Ron Paul is blatant

This year's campaign trail has been an interesting road for anyone who diversifies his media sources.

Those who aren't paying attention are missing one of the most exciting and important elections in American history.

Concerned citizens have been using the Internet to inform the public of a consistent push by the media for and against particular candidates.

Homemade videos on Internet sharing sites, such as YouTube, present the timely progression of these biases in an apparent manner.

Without the Internet, I would be completely blind to the bias.

One example of a pervasive bias is the constant relegation of Ron Paul's candidacy for president to a lower or outer edge.

Despite hundreds of eloquent speeches during 10 terms in Congress, over 4,000 babies delivered as an OB/GYN and five years of military service, this great American has incomprehensibly been referred to by media sources as "crazy" and "on the lunatic fringe."

These terms bother me, but I want to expose a more common tactic that significantly affects voters' decisions.

Paul is often labeled a "long shot," "dark horse" or "fringe candidate."

However, Paul raised more money than any other GOP candidate last quarter, consistently wins straw polls and took at least second place in Nevada and Louisiana.

Yet, many mainstream media magnates continue to omit him from polls, candidate reviews, articles and debates.

They simply excuse him as a "fringe candidate," without any viable evidence for this assertion whatsoever.

Sadly, the media's campaign may be working.

As the San Diego Tribune reported, a 56-year-old store manager in New Hampshire said, "I love Ron Paul. He is very factual. He is everything I believe in. But, he's not a front-runner. He isn't going to win the presidency."

Are the American people really so shallow that they will vote against what they believe in just so they can vote for the winner?

Will Americans allow the media to define who has a "chance" without requiring any evidence for the case?

The troops and generations of unborn children deserve our unbiased vote.

JACOB MARTIN, PH.D.,
computer scientist,
Jacksonville
This story can be found on Jacksonville.com at http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/013008/opl_241733833.shtml.

#591566 - 30/01/08 07:50 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
BlueSky Offline

Loc: Georgia
Quote:
You don't know how many people told me "Well, I like Ron Paul, but he's just not gonna win, so I'm voting for someone else."
That's called "reality" - they could see the handwriting on the wall.

As we watched the Republican debate at Florida International U, my feeling was the guy would be an awesome Secretary of the Treasury, Chairman of the Fed, or such, but he just doesn't project a presidential image. Fair? Maybe not...but true.

#591567 - 30/01/08 08:04 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Anonymous
Unregistered

It literally pains me to say this, but if McCain gets the nomination I'll vote DEM just to take one vote from his sorry ass. mad [ThumbsDown]

#591568 - 30/01/08 08:07 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by BluMerle:
It literally pains me to say this, but if McCain gets the nomination I'll vote DEM just to take one vote from his sorry ass. mad [ThumbsDown]
It literally pains me to say this:

Hillary Clinton is a Presidential candidate.

#591569 - 30/01/08 08:16 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
MidnightX Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by BlueSky:
Quote:
[b]You don't know how many people told me "Well, I like Ron Paul, but he's just not gonna win, so I'm voting for someone else."
That's called "reality" - they could see the handwriting on the wall.

As we watched the Republican debate at Florida International U, my feeling was the guy would be an awesome Secretary of the Treasury, Chairman of the Fed, or such, but he just doesn't project a presidential image. Fair? Maybe not...but true.[/b]
Not true. Only an opinion. Not fact.

Let me just say, the Florida Debate was NOT a good representation of his eloquence and intelligence and the powerful speeches he can give. It saddened me to watch. And it saddens me that the other candidates laugh at him, like Mitt Romney, who, by the way, got bitch slapped during this radio interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lAFfLy05_Y

There's so much better Ron Paul to be discovered, but no one wants to give him the time of day.

#591570 - 30/01/08 08:18 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
BlueSky Offline

OK, you win - it's an opinion. One that millions of people apparently share.

If what you say is true, I must have picked the one worst time to watch him, 'cause he came across in that debate like somebody's whiny old grandpa.

#591571 - 30/01/08 08:25 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
MidnightX Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by BlueSky:
OK, you win - it's an opinion. One that millions of people apparently share.
Millions of people are not informed enough! frown

My mother is one of them. She thought the same thing, but that's the first and only time she's ever seen him. If people would take the time to research, and THEN decide he sucks, well then I'll feel better. But there's a lot of things about him that do not suck and that's why I support him so strongly.

FYI -- he's the same age as McCain, who seems like an ANGRY ol' grandpa! He scares the crap out of me.

#591572 - 30/01/08 08:50 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
NY Madman Offline

Quote:

There's so much better Ron Paul to be discovered, but no one wants to give him the time of day.
That's because the guy is a complete crackpot and a kook.

You'll get to see him in action one more time at the debate tonight in California.

I'm hoping he goes out in a blaze of kookiness considering the debate will be down to four people.

#591573 - 30/01/08 08:54 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
NY Madman Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by BluMerle:

Yes, exactly.

Soon I may have to decide what size "Hillary" lawn sign I'm going to order. eek

#591574 - 30/01/08 08:54 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
great pyr-hauler Offline

Loc: Illinois
Yes, millions of people are wrong and you are right. You know what's best for the republican party, since you've been a republican all of a few months.

Please hurry along to your next lame-o hobby and give us all a break with Ron freaking Paul.

#591575 - 30/01/08 09:04 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
NY Madman Offline

John Edwards is out of the race.

Now there is only one woman left running for the Democrat nomination.

#591576 - 30/01/08 09:11 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Anonymous
Unregistered

madman, if you vote Hillary over McCain, my respect is lost. As bad as McCain is, Hillary is worse.

#591577 - 30/01/08 09:13 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Anonymous
Unregistered

Midnight, I know you really admire Dr. Paul, but the fact is that plenty of people have done the research and decided he's not the guy for the job, sorry. He may not be giving up, but he's done. And since you mentioned opinions earlier...it's your opinion that he's the best presidential candidate for the Republicans, and you even share that opinion with a bunch of sane people (and even more crazy bastards out there). Now, the opinions of a greater number of people (sane or not) say that he's not the best candidate for the job.

#591578 - 30/01/08 09:15 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Desert_Rat:
madman, if you vote Hillary over McCain, my respect is lost. As bad as McCain is, Hillary is worse.
Thank you.

#591579 - 30/01/08 09:24 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
NY Madman Offline

Quote:

I may not vote for her, but I might endorse her for president and do everything I can to defeat McCain.

I disagree that the country would be better off with McCain. I've already previously explained why.

I don't care who the Democrats nominate. I will NEVER support McCain for president.

The Republican Party cannot survive a McCain presidency. It can, and will come out stronger under a Democrat presidency.

#591580 - 30/01/08 09:27 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
NY Madman Offline

"Oy vey!

#591581 - 30/01/08 09:48 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
MidnightX Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by great pyr-hauler:
Please hurry along to your next lame-o hobby and give us all a break with Ron freaking Paul.
OK. I'm done.

#591582 - 30/01/08 10:08 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
BlueSky Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
Quote:

[b]madman, if you vote Hillary over McCain, my respect is lost. As bad as McCain is, Hillary is worse.
The Republican Party cannot survive a McCain presidency. [/b]
It survived the idiot who's in the White House now, which indicates it's pretty resilient.

Page 5 of 26 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 25 26 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal