shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 7 of 26 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 25 26 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#591608 - 05/02/08 06:35 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
Originally posted by Shahram:
Too bad. While I disagree with his beliefs, I think Ralph Nader is a good guy. If it wasn't for that asshole Gore stealing votes away from him with fear tactics back in 2000 (You may not like me, but you must vote for me or George Bush will become President!), we'd have a viable third party opposition to the Republocrat, One Party System that we have today.
Nader is (and was) a bitter self-centered fuck. He cared more about his vanity than keeping Bush from getting the White House.

"Look at me! Look at me! Remember me? I took on GM 30 years ago! Look at me!"
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#591609 - 05/02/08 06:53 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:
Nader is (and was) a bitter self-centered fuck. He cared more about his vanity than keeping Bush from getting the White House.

"Look at me! Look at me! Remember me? I took on GM 30 years ago! Look at me!"
Nader hasn't been sitting on his hands for the last thirty years.

I can't say I agree with the guy most of the time, but I respect his passion. I disagree that he does it out of vanity. Vain people don't devote themselves to a lifetime of volunteer civic duty, and he hasn't exactly gotten rich from his work. He's put his money, and his time, and his life, where his mouth is.

As far as him helping Bush get the White House, I'd wager that more people voted out of fear for Gore that would have been better served in the long run by voting for the Green Party. Nader has been one of the few vocal detractors of the Democrats. Look up what he has said about Hillary Clinton in this election to get an idea.

#591610 - 05/02/08 07:10 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
Vain people don't devote themselves to a lifetime of volunteer civic duty, and he hasn't exactly gotten rich from his work. He's put his money, and his time, and his life, where his mouth is.
Hasn't gotten rich? He isn't doing too bad...he's a millionaire.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#591611 - 05/02/08 07:13 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
Quote:

I'd wager that more people voted out of fear for Gore that would have been better served in the long run by voting for the Green Party. Nader has been one of the few vocal detractors of the Democrats. Look up what he has said about Hillary Clinton in this election to get an idea.
What??? [Freak]

You haven't a clue as to what you are talking about.

How about those people didn't want to waste their vote on Nader and the Green Party. That is what it would have been... throwing the vote away and pushing that states electoral votes to the other party.

Also the Green Party is to the left and only sucks votes away from the Democrat Party.

They are not a "viable" party and never will be a viable party.

#591612 - 06/02/08 06:41 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
NY Madman Offline

Super Tuesday Suckfest....

There you have it folks....

A bit of a surprise for the Huckster. I don't think he won any winner-take-all states, but a lot of people Hucked Up and took votes away from Romney.

You have to wonder why the hell this guy Huckabee is still in the race. Instead of going after McCain who has been the frontrunner since South Carolina and Florida, he has been going after Romney. Kind of makes you wonder if he didn't strike a deal with the McCain camp to stay in the race for the sole purpose of eliminating Romney. If he did he is naive because McCain will drop him so fast once he outlives his usefulness the Huck won't know what hit him.

Juan MexiCain picked up 511 delegates yesterday. I guess the good news is that McCain didn't lock up the nomination last night. There's still hope that he could have a Howard Dean moment in the near future, or maybe get hit by a truck or something.

On the Democrat side, Obama did very well last night.

It looks like the Democrat race is going all the way to the convention.

There is a lot of angst and worry on the left wing web sites about whether the fix is in and whether the deck is stacked against Obama because of Clinton control of the party superdelegates.

Another thing that is interesting about the Democrat side is the demographic and racial factor in that race. Hispanics don't seem to be voting for Obama. Blacks are voting for Obama in large numbers (however Hillary got the coveted 50 Cent endorsement).

The polls were also wrong AGAIN in some of the races. They had Obama with a big lead in California. He lost with 10% less than Clinton. Are Democrats lying to the pollsters?

#591613 - 06/02/08 07:31 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
TravelingFool Offline

Loc: Prior Lake, MN
Somebody please tell me that Hillary isn't really going to win this thing...

The liver is evil, and must be punished...

#591614 - 06/02/08 07:35 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by TravelingFool:
Somebody please tell me that Hillary isn't really going to win this thing...
The nomination, or the presidency?

The nomination? Maybe.
The presidency? No.

I don't think this country is ready for either a black president or a female one.

George Bush fucked this country into such a mess, the Democrats could have nominated a ham sammich and won the election in November.

Unfortunately, they weren't smart enough to push for a ham sammich, so Pars'dent McCain is on his way . . .

#591615 - 06/02/08 07:41 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
TravelingFool Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by GrayHam:
Quote:
[b]Somebody please tell me that Hillary isn't really going to win this thing...
The nomination, or the presidency?

The nomination? Maybe.
The presidency? No.

I don't think this country is ready for either a black president or a female one.

George Bush fucked this country into such a mess, the Democrats could have nominated a ham sammich and won the election in November.

Unfortunately, they weren't smart enough to push for a ham sammich, so Pars'dent McCain is on his way . . .[/b]
You know, I honestly have to say that it doesn't bother me that she's a woman or that Obama is black. In this case, I think Hillary is a swindler of the highest order. She plants people to ask the right questions so she'll never have to answer the tough ones. She never actually ANSWERS the tough questions that people might sneak in from time to time. Besides, I like my upper-middle class income just fine the way it is. I fear that under Hillary's rules I'd be classified as "super rich" and I could kiss my BMW goodbye.

I agree with you Graham, fortunately there a TON of trailer trash out there who vote!

#591616 - 06/02/08 08:07 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Samueul Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA. USA
I'm in a quandry. I have as yet to vote in a presidential election as I always refused to vote for the lesser of two evils.

I am now convinced that the whole "lesser of two evils" situation will be the norm for our presidential elections for all eternity. So I've definitely decided to vote this time around.

The quandry is. If I had to be classified I'd say I lean more to the Republican side of things. I also detest Clinton as much as Madman detests McCain. So if it comes down to clinton vs anybody else, I'll vote for anybody else. If it comes down to Obama and McCain or Huckabee, I'll vote for Obama. I'll vote for Romney if he makes the ticket. I'd also vote for Paul, but he's not making it...

Either way I am not really happy with any of the choices... frown

#591617 - 06/02/08 08:13 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Anonymous
Unregistered

Traveling Fool Johnson is right!

It's not that Hillary is a woman or Obama is black. I look at candidates solely on platform. Hillary is a panderer of the worst kind and Obama....well, he doesn't really HAVE a platform.

I really haven't heard any real ideas from him aside from social medicine. When I've listened to Romney in the debates, he's come up with the most logical and sensible answers to questions on things like Social Security, immigration, etc. Obama answers everything with "message of hope" WTF does that mean?

I just don't think this country can get past Romney being a mormon. As for his flip flopping...the main thing I think he's done that on is abortion rights. That's not a policy item that makes a helluva lot of difference to me, and it's actually one of the traditional republican ideals that I don't agree with. I'm more concerned about getting someone with some management and fiscal skills, and someone who was a successful leader in the private sector appeals to me much more than a few career politicians from the Senate.

#591618 - 06/02/08 11:25 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
NY Madman Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by GrayHam:

Unfortunately, they weren't smart enough to push for a ham sammich, so Pars'dent McCain is on his way . . .
Maybe the Democrats aren't going for the ham sandwich, but the Republicans seem intent on serving up a sandwich.... a big shit sandwich.

I wouldn't write off Clinton's chances of winning next November. She very well does have a good chance of winning.

Looking at the results from yesterday's elections, more Democrats got off their asses and went to the polls than Republicans. In some states by about two to one. While it may be true that in many places there are more registered Dems than Repubs, but the numbers are clear. Democrats are far more motivated than the Republicans.

If the Republicans serve up the McCain shit sandwich for November, millions of conservatives will not vote for him. They will either stay home or just not vote in the presidential contest.

#591619 - 06/02/08 11:29 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
TravelingFool Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:

If the Republicans serve up the McCain shit sandwich for November, millions of conservatives will not vote for him. They will either stay home or just not vote in the presidential contest.
I'd write in my mom...

#591620 - 06/02/08 11:32 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
NY Madman Offline

Quote:

I'd write in my mom...
Hell.... I'll write in Shahram's mom. wink

#591621 - 06/02/08 11:41 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
Quote:

[b]I'd write in my mom...
Hell.... I'll write in Shahram's mom. wink [/b]
"Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!"

#591622 - 06/02/08 01:38 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Desert_Rat:
When I've listened to Romney in the debates, he's come up with the most logical and sensible answers to questions on things like Social Security, immigration, etc. Obama answers everything with "message of hope" WTF does that mean?
Desert_Rat Johnson is right... (oh wait...wrong movie!)

Actually, WTF does it mean? It means Romney is fooling you. That may be what he says today, but he flip flops more than John Kerry...

So take his words with a HUGE grain of salt.

#591623 - 06/02/08 02:11 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Anonymous
Unregistered

Moby, cite some flip flop examples during the campaign. Seriously. I didn't catch them.

As an additional side note, what's this I hear about Lieberman being a potential running mate with McCain?

I guess the democrats will win even if the republicans win the election.

#591624 - 06/02/08 02:32 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
NY Madman Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:

Actually, WTF does it mean? It means Romney is fooling you. That may be what he says today, but he flip flops more than John Kerry...

So take his words with a HUGE grain of salt.
Is Romney fooling Republicans, or conservatives for that matter? Maybe. No one is saying that he is perfect.

Unlike McCain though, Romney doesn't have a long and well documented history of consistently betraying his own party, and also going out of his way to stab the conservative base of the party in the back every chance he gets. McCain has a very long and well documented history of doing just that.

McCain is like letting an angry chimpanzee into your living room. Not only is he going to smash the hell out of the place, he's going to shit all over the rug then pick it up and throw it at you.

#591625 - 06/02/08 05:42 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Anonymous
Unregistered

This crop of candidates makes my blood run cold. Seriously, people, there are 365 million people in this country, and this smattering of professional politico assholes is the best we can come up with?

If you vote for these fuckbags, you deserve what you get.

I'm voting for Zombie Oswald.

#591626 - 06/02/08 06:23 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Desert_Rat:
Moby, cite some flip flop examples during the campaign. Seriously. I didn't catch them.
You aren't paying attention, then...

Abortion (was pro-choice in 2002...no more)
Guns (1994 - wanted stricter gun laws, didn't share NRA views...joined NRA in 2006.)
Immigration (as recently as 2005 said McCain's plan was reasonable...no more)

Just for starters.

Quote:
As an additional side note, what's this I hear about Lieberman being a potential running mate with McCain?
That would be interesting, but I'm guessing it won't happen.

Quote:
I guess the democrats will win even if the republicans win the election.
A year ago, with the possible candidates, I would have said the Democrats have the election in the bag. Now...they may have pulled one over on all of us and actually figured out how to LOSE the election. Obama or Hillary... [Uh Oh !]

#591627 - 07/02/08 07:18 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for the example. I wasn't aware of the gun control one. However, I don't think any republican in office would push for tougher gun laws.

Maybe if we'd just enforce the ones we have....

#591628 - 07/02/08 07:40 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
NY Madman Offline

Moby.... Romney did say in 2005 that the McCain plan looks reasonable, but in the same interview he also said that he hadn't yet taken a very close look at the bill and the plan.

He has since disavowed the entire plan.

Tom Tancredo and Sherrif Joe Arpaio are two people that are staunch opponents to illegal alien and open border policies. Both have endorsed Romney. Each has said they endorsed him after meetings with Romney and are convinced his position on the issues are sincere and he will do something about it.

No other viable candidates will do a damn thing about it. All will make the problem far worse.

Another note on Romney............

With the debt and entitlement systems in this country being completely out of control and on the verge of completely crushing and sinking this country, Romney is really the only candidate that knows anything about economics and finance.

The other candidates are complete economic illiterates. They are actually out there promising vast expansions of the entitlement systems and the federal bureaucracy.

#591629 - 07/02/08 07:54 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
NY Madman Offline

This was an interesting election tidbit.........

Remember all the buzz last year over those "Obama Girl" videos? She was a hot girl who originally made a video for the internet singing a song... "I Got a Crush on Obama". She then made other videos and has been a guest on almost every TV show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKsoXHYICqU

Well.... She didn't even bother to vote the other day.

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/02/06/obama-girl-didnt-vote/

She was too sick to vote, but not sick enough to go to a party the same day.

Also not smart enough to just lie and say she voted for Obama.

#591630 - 07/02/08 09:11 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
RedX Offline

Loc: Granite Falls, NC
Quote:
This crop of candidates makes my blood run cold. Seriously, people, there are 365 million people in this country, and this smattering of professional politico assholes is the best we can come up with?
I agree with this. Sad....huh? :rolleyes:

http://www.metzgardesign.com

#591631 - 07/02/08 10:04 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
NY Madman Offline

Well...

Romney's out. He is "suspending" his campaign.

#591632 - 07/02/08 11:07 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Samueul Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA. USA
Romney:
Quote:
"But I agree with him on doing whatever it takes to be successful in Iraq, on finding and executing Osama bin Laden, and I agree with him on eliminating Al Qaeda and terror worldwide,"
Great, he agrees with McCain on the three items we cannot possibly be successful at....

Page 7 of 26 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 25 26 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal