shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 22 of 26 < 1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#591983 - 22/04/08 05:30 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
[b]Hillary on Iran

http://www.abcnews.go.com/print?id=4698059

Quote:
Clinton further displayed tough talk in an interview airing on "Good Morning America" Tuesday. ABC News' Chris Cuomo asked Clinton what she would do if Iran attacked Israel with nuclear weapons.

"I want the Iranians to know that if I'm the president, we will attack Iran," Clinton said. "In the next 10 years, during which they might foolishly consider launching an attack on Israel, we would be able to totally obliterate them."
That's hot.

On a side note, Obama promised to write a strongly worded letter if Iran ever nuked Israel.[/b]
Oh please. Nobody would just sit there if Iran used nukes.

It was kind of a bullshit question. He would have been better off leaving out the "nuclear weapons" part. THEN you might get an interesting question.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#591984 - 22/04/08 05:42 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:

Oh please. Nobody would just sit there if Iran used nukes.
Obama would.

He is hardcore leftist "pacifist" type. Obama would NEVER extend such use of force to an ally and it is highly doubtful he would do anything serious in response to an attack on this country.

Obama is from the hate Israel, radical wing of the Democrat Party. Hillary is not.

#591985 - 22/04/08 08:18 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Anonymous
Unregistered

What would help dramatically is to put an end to the notion of multiculturalism. Immigration to this country used to work because immigrants were expected to assimilate into society and be Americans instead of Mexican-Americans, or Italian-Americans, or whatever.

One black guy I'd support if he ran for public office is Bill Cosby. As wacky as he is, at least he recognizes what's happening to black families. He acknowledges everything NYMM said about black children being born out of wedlock and what it's doing to them economically.

The liberals further this agenda by embracing "alternative" lifestyles, supporting gay marriage, and thinking it's perfectly normal for a kid to be raised by a couple lesbians, or whatever. Family values are being distorted in this country and it's taking it's toll on the moral fabric of our population.

I'm no bible thumper by any means, but I do recognize the value of tight knit families.

With regard to education as a stepping stone for opportunity as Yasha pointed out, A college degree isn't necessarily a ticket to success. My wife has had good paying management positions with just a GED. Again, it's your work ethic and your ability moreso than forking out thousands on college.

#591986 - 22/04/08 08:35 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Desert_Rat:

What would help dramatically is to put an end to the notion of multiculturalism. Immigration to this country used to work because immigrants were expected to assimilate into society and be Americans instead of Mexican-Americans, or Italian-Americans, or whatever.
How would you explain Chinatown in San Francisco (it's been around for a long time), or Little Italy in NYC? What about the Polish in Chicago? While they have been diluted of late, these areas kept their foreign identities - through language and festivals and whatnot.

The attitudes of people who were already here is no different than it is now. People don't like the newcomers.

The US doesn't have just one culture. It never did. Language is just one facet of culture.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#591987 - 22/04/08 08:49 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
jorge Offline

Loc: Montclair, NJ
Quote:
]Obama would.
You're skirting the issues again, and just posting assumptions.

DR wrote on democrats don't care about our vets

Quote:

– Voted AGAINST an amendment providing $20 billion to the VA’s medical facilities. [5/4/06]

– Voted AGAINST providing $430 million to the VA for outpatient care “and treatment for veterans,” one of only 13 senators to do so. [4/26/06]

– Voted AGAINST increasing VA funding by $1.5 billion by closing corporate loopholes. [3/14/06]

– Voted AGAINST increasing VA funding by $1.8 billion by ending “abusive tax loopholes.” [3/10/04]

– Voted AGAINST a $650 million increase in veterans’ medical care funding. [8/1/01]
Dem? Oh no, this is McCain.

Plethora of photos , videos , a Phlog ,
and a site with kittens .
www.njax.net
NJAX.net profile
--------------------
Homer, I see your daughter is one of those wave-kissing, Dukakis-hugging moon maidens.

#591988 - 22/04/08 08:50 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
NY Madman Offline

Quote:

How would you explain Chinatown in San Francisco (it's been around for a long time), or Little Italy in NYC? What about the Polish in Chicago? While they have been diluted of late, these areas kept their foreign identities - through language and festivals and whatnot.
You're not even close. Those people considered themselves Americans and embraced their new country.

They didn't harbor the modern day "grievance mentality" against their new country. Examples can be leftist hate groups like La Raza or some of the Muslim hate groups like CAIR.

Many of the immigrants of the past are NOTHING like a lot of today's immigrants. But then again, much of that is also the fault of you leftists. There was a time when immigrants were not entitled to any government handouts or welfare. People were smart back then. They didn't want to instill a "welfare mentality" in new immigrant groups. Those immigrants had to stand on their own. Leftists today work as hard as they can to instill a welfare and grievance mentality into immigrants.

Many modern Hispanic immigrants are sucked right into the handout and grievance mentality.

Oh, and by the way... there is almost no Little Italy left anymore in NYC. If is barely more than a block or two these days.

#591989 - 22/04/08 08:52 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
jorge Offline

Loc: Montclair, NJ
Quote:
Originally posted by Desert_Rat:
One black guy I'd support if he ran for public office is Bill Cosby. As wacky as he is, at least he recognizes what's happening to black families.
Source

Quote:

Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) is delivering pointed critiques of the African American community as he campaigns for its votes, lamenting that many of his generation are "disenfranchising" themselves because they don't vote, taking rappers to task for their language, and decrying "anti-intellectualism" in the black community, including black children telling peers who get good grades that they are "acting white."

As he travels around the country in his effort to become the nation's first black president, Obama has engaged in an intense competition for black voters -- a crucial Democratic Party constituency that accounts for as much as half the electorate in some key primary states such as South Carolina. But the first-term senator, who has sought to present himself as an agent of change eager to challenge political convention, has taken the unusual route of publicly criticizing his own community.

Plethora of photos , videos , a Phlog ,
and a site with kittens .
www.njax.net
NJAX.net profile
--------------------
Homer, I see your daughter is one of those wave-kissing, Dukakis-hugging moon maidens.

#591990 - 22/04/08 09:00 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
NY Madman Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by jorge:

I'm not skirting any issues. Obama wouldn't do a damn thing if this country were attacked. I know it. You know (that is one of the reasons you like him). The terrorists know it.

That is why every Islamic terrorist group in the world is rooting for Obama. Iran wants Obama to be president so bad they can taste it. Obama is translated to "one of us" in the Iranian language of Farsi.

They all know Obama means weakness. Jimmy Carter with melanin.

#591991 - 22/04/08 09:02 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
You're not even close. Those people considered themselves Americans and embraced their new country.

You might want to look into the history of "Polonia."

#591992 - 22/04/08 09:10 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
NY Madman Offline

Quote:

You might want to look into the history of "Polonia."
And what about it? We are talking about the immigrant experience of days gone by. The experience of mine and maybe your ancestors. Then again maybe not your ancestors.

Those people tried to adapt and assimilate into this country as fast as they could. They wanted their children to be Americans in every way.

Today immigrants don't want to assimilate. Today they make demands of this country. Schools in their native language. Interaction with government in their native language.

People with those attitudes can fuck off as far as I am concerned. They are shit. But then again, that is somewhat attributable to people like you and your fellow travelers. My ancestors had to learn the language and assimilate, they can too.

#591993 - 22/04/08 09:23 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
NY Madman Offline

Let's get back to the topic of the thread... The Election.... and get away from all these thread hijack topics.

The anti-Obama Reverend speaks again.

He claims Obama is a bastard. Born not of a legitimate marriage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FUWyxmWACQ

Warning: Audio May Not Be "Diversity Safe" For Work

Don't know if it is true. Obama's father is said to have had a wife in Kenya when he married Obama's mother here in the U.S.

If Obama is somehow allowed to make excuses for his hateful minister, are other black people allowed to make excuses for this minister?

#591994 - 22/04/08 09:30 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
Then again maybe not your ancestors.
Well, you are half right. Half of mine were Germans who came over in the 1830s. So yeah...that half did what you are talking about. The other half...they came over from Ireland/England in the 1600s. There was no country to assimilate into. So no...not that half.

The Poles in Chicago did NOT try and assimilate as fast as possible. They set up their own churches, their own schools...even their own hospitals.

#591995 - 22/04/08 09:37 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
NY Madman Offline

Quote:

The Poles in Chicago did NOT try and assimilate as fast as possible. They set up their own churches, their own schools...even their own hospitals.
I'm sure every one of their children learned English.

It seems they also didn't suck on the government cheese, nor expect it. Not like today's immigrants.

Seeing that your ancestors have been here so long, you are a white boy that will have to pay slavery reparations if/and/or/after Barack Obama becomes president.

My ancestors came after 1900 so I will be exempt.

#591996 - 22/04/08 10:01 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Mobycat Offline

Quote:

Seeing that your ancestors have been here so long, you are a white boy that will have to pay slavery reparations if/and/or/after Barack Obama becomes president.

My ancestors came after 1900 so I will be exempt.
Funny you should mention that. It's one thing that REALLY pisses me off.

I shouldn't be exempt...I should get part of the reparations. Why?

1. The German ancestors came over and settled in the north. No slaves.

2. The Irish/English ancestors - were Quakers, anti-Slavery...and participated in the underground railroad. So I think this qualifies me for a REWARD.

(I once sent an email to a group advocating reparations asking what they thought of my idea. needless to say...I never got a reply.

#591997 - 22/04/08 10:49 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Auditor_Kevin Offline

Loc: Dundee, IL
Quote:
What about the Polish in Chicago?
Well, it's pretty common knowledge around here that the labor market for semi-skilled hard manual labor is predominantly Polish.

Take flooring for example. You want new wood floors. Not a physically easy job nor one a complete idiot could do. There are many members of the local Polish community that bust their ass at those jobs and they're damn good at it too.

#591998 - 22/04/08 11:31 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Anonymous
Unregistered

Funny, Dems don't care about the vets, I say again, who cut benefits to the VA? who sent the soldiers into war for no viable reason?

and i ask this, why in the world would you be ok with supporting citizens of another country, yet you want the citizens in this country to fend for themselves,

again I suggest that mods close this thread as this is talking to a big wall. 2 big walls, no one is going to get anything from this.

#591999 - 22/04/08 11:46 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Yasha:
again I suggest that mods close this thread as this is talking to a big wall.
This thread is about the elections.

The elections aren't over for another six-and-a-half months.

If you don't like arguing with NY Madman, then don't.

#592000 - 22/04/08 11:51 AM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
RedX Offline

Loc: Granite Falls, NC
Quote:
Originally posted by GrayHam:
Quote:
[b]again I suggest that mods close this thread as this is talking to a big wall.

If you don't like arguing with NY Madman, then don't.[/b]
Dammit Grayham, if he/she does that....instead of the mods closing the thread.....then that will go against the mindset of the modern liberal. That is.....asking someone else to handle your problems for you.

Sure, it would be easy enough to ignore the thread.....but why do that when someone can close it and take away that ever-nagging pull to take part in it?

Big brother will take care of you.....yes he will. [Finger]

http://www.metzgardesign.com

#592001 - 22/04/08 12:01 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by RedX:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]again I suggest that mods close this thread as this is talking to a big wall.

Dammit Grayham, if he/she does that....instead of the mods closing the thread.....then that will go against the mindset of the modern liberal. That is.....asking someone else to handle your problems for you.

Sure, it would be easy enough to ignore the thread.....but why do that when someone can close it and take away that ever-nagging pull to take part in it?

Big brother will take care of you.....yes he will. [Finger] [/b]
That was not the point. I can argue all day long, but it just isn't worth talking to a wall, and vice versa. It's kinda funny, I think the right is screwing this country up, and the right thinks the left is screwing things up, and the best part about it the 6 years the right were fully in power, they haven't done anything to improve the country, just make everyone in the world hate us, economy has barely improved. The rich get richer, while everyone else gets poorer.

#592002 - 22/04/08 12:12 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by ChefTyler:
[b]
Quote:
[b]
ALL I want is for everyone to have the same opportunity, to succeed, and have the individual choose. Right now it's not so.

Yes, if you work hard enough and want it bad enough you will succeed and we all have the same opportunity to succeed.[/b]
Please tell that to the millions of individuals who are impoverished with no way to break out[/b]
God you're thick! You have asked on several occasions that everyone be given the same OPPORTUNITY. EVERYONE HAS IT. Not everyone has the same head start, but that's a different story. The ability to excel in all aspects of life is one of the things that makes this country wonderful.

I listened to the owner/founder of a VERY large concrete construction company's life story the other day. He and his brother had exactly nothing when they started the business 40 years ago, they seem to be doing quite well for themselves now. They were pooooooor, much worse off than any of the welfare leachers that we have today with no desire to get off their ass and do something about it. Fuck it, you're right, it is like trying to reason with a brick wall.

#592003 - 22/04/08 12:17 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
RedX Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]
quote:
again I suggest that mods close this thread as this is talking to a big wall.

Big brother will take care of you.....yes he will. [Finger] [/b]
That was not the point. I can argue all day long, but it just isn't worth talking to a wall, and vice versa. It's kinda funny, I think the right is screwing this country up, and the right thinks the left is screwing things up, and the best part about it the 6 years the right were fully in power, they haven't done anything to improve the country, just make everyone in the world hate us, economy has barely improved. The rich get richer, while everyone else gets poorer.
Newsflash.....We've been disliked by many for longer than the length of time Bush has been in office.

Also.....I would suspect you are doing OK in this economy as you are a 23 year-old student with a newish, adequately modified 2007 Xterra. Not a typical ride of the poor, no? How do you think....and I am not asking this as a combative question....but moreover an inquiry about your thoughts.....either Clinton or Obama would better your economic or financial situation and your place as an American on the world stage, personally?

#592004 - 22/04/08 12:36 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
I would suspect you are doing OK in this economy as you are a 23 year-old student with a newish, adequately modified 2007 Xterra.
22 and-a-half.

#592005 - 22/04/08 12:44 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
RedX Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[b]I would suspect you are doing OK in this economy as you are a 23 year-old student with a newish, adequately modified 2007 Xterra.
22 and-a-half.[/b]
Nuh-uh.......22 years, 6 months and 9 days......GAW!!!!! [Crybaby]

laugh

#592006 - 22/04/08 12:44 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by jorge:
Quote:
[b]]Obama would.

DR wrote on democrats don't care about our vets

Quote:

– Voted AGAINST an amendment providing $20 billion to the VA’s medical facilities. [5/4/06]

– Voted AGAINST providing $430 million to the VA for outpatient care “and treatment for veterans,” one of only 13 senators to do so. [4/26/06]

– Voted AGAINST increasing VA funding by $1.5 billion by closing corporate loopholes. [3/14/06]

– Voted AGAINST increasing VA funding by $1.8 billion by ending “abusive tax loopholes.” [3/10/04]

– Voted AGAINST a $650 million increase in veterans’ medical care funding. [8/1/01]
Dem? Oh no, this is McCain.[/b]
I'd be willing to bet those bills were loaded down with liberal pork, as most are. Besides, McCain isn't much of a Republican. He's slightly left of center on most issues.

#592007 - 22/04/08 12:51 PM Re: Man enough to admit I've got ED..
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Yasha. Get a few more years under your belt. Work in the real world and then come talk about your views. Most students share your idealistic views of the world and have all these wonderful intentions, until they get out in the real world and realize, "hey, why the hell should I pay for this?"

Also, if you can't stand the heat, get the fuck out of the kitchen. Welcome to political debates on XOC.

Page 22 of 26 < 1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal