shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#596615 - 17/06/03 01:26 PM These guys just learned why it's not a good idea to rob people
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...

#596616 - 17/06/03 01:30 PM Re: These guys just learned why it's not a good idea to rob people
airbutchie Offline

Loc: Where the freakin' Rose Parade...
Justice Done... Too bad it wasn't an Xterra!!!

- Air B

#596617 - 17/06/03 01:37 PM Re: These guys just learned why it's not a good idea to rob people
rb42 Offline

Loc: McKinney
Damn... I think it's great they got caught, but driving over their vehicle means (to me) that he wanted to kill them...

Should he be arrested for fighting back? Hell no.
Should he be arrested for trying to kill them? Yeah.

Too bad it didn't happen in Texas. He could have shot them all inside the building and been well within his rights to protect himself. But even in Texas, chasing them down and crushing them is a little illegal. smile

-=RB42

#596618 - 17/06/03 01:41 PM Re: These guys just learned why it's not a good idea to rob people
Paul H Offline

Loc: Mt. Zion, IL
I was gonna say it depends on where he run over the car at but after seeing this I would say yeah he used deadly force.

#596619 - 17/06/03 02:12 PM Re: These guys just learned why it's not a good idea to rob people
Carlton McMillan Offline

Loc: MN
Perhaps they pointed a gun at him while he was following them. So in order to defend himself he rammed the car. I am sure he had NO idea that his Hummer would just ramp right over the bastard crooks. [Laughing]

#596620 - 17/06/03 02:14 PM Re: These guys just learned why it's not a good idea to rob people
number41 Offline

Loc: Tucson, AZ
Justice is served.

The guy should probably go to jail for running over their car. Here in Arizona it is legal to use deadly force to protect your property but I think the whole hunting them down thing is a bit much.

Small hands in third world countries make quality products.

#596621 - 17/06/03 02:43 PM Re: These guys just learned why it's not a good idea to rob people
Big Daddy Chia Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
Damn tats you beat me to it.

#596622 - 17/06/03 02:53 PM Re: These guys just learned why it's not a good idea to rob people
MBFlyerfan Offline

Loc: NJ, Just east of the Walt.
Good for him. laugh [LOL]

#596623 - 17/06/03 03:48 PM Re: These guys just learned why it's not a good idea to rob people
Stonecoldchavez Offline

Loc: New Jersey
Justice is served is right.

He saved the taxpayers two jail cells. Too bad he didn't get the other two.

F'em, I say.

Stone

#596624 - 17/06/03 04:14 PM Re: These guys just learned why it's not a good idea to rob people
Samueul Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA. USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Stonecoldchavez:
Justice is served is right.

He saved the taxpayers two jail cells. Too bad he didn't get the other two.

F'em, I say.

Stone
gotta agree with you guys. They got what they deserved....

#596625 - 17/06/03 05:08 PM Re: These guys just learned why it's not a good idea to rob people
johnnyx Offline
J

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
Yeah, that's been all over the news here.

Apparently the guy in the Hummer was "so worked up during the chase he didn't realize how much damage his H2 would inflict". I heard he was trying to pin them in the car so they didn't get away. He pinned them all right!

F*ckers deserved what they got.

#596626 - 18/06/03 08:33 AM Re: These guys just learned why it's not a good idea to rob people
Stonecoldchavez Offline

Loc: New Jersey
I hope this guy doesn't get jailtime.

He probably will though. And get more time than the scumbags who robbed him. frown

Stone

#596627 - 18/06/03 08:50 AM Re: These guys just learned why it's not a good idea to rob people
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
I think he should be given a medal. That is a regular Hummer BTW, not an H2.

#596628 - 18/06/03 09:38 AM Re: These guys just learned why it's not a good idea to rob people
daventx Offline

Loc: Midtown Houston, Texas
Holy Shit!!! Someone used a Hummber for more than getting groceries!
This guy by far is my new hero.
Someone needs to make sure he gets a bad ass lawyer and keep him out of jail.

#596629 - 18/06/03 11:17 AM Re: These guys just learned why it's not a good idea to rob people
krisjon Offline

Loc: San Diego (formerly Oahu, Hawa...
That's good shit. Also a lesson learned : don't mess with guys who go wheelin' !

#596630 - 18/06/03 04:52 PM Re: These guys just learned why it's not a good idea to rob people
Matt Peckham Offline

Loc: Charlotte, NC
Yeah, but will his insurance rate go up?

#596631 - 19/06/03 05:40 AM Re: These guys just learned why it's not a good idea to rob people
TravelingFool Offline

Loc: Prior Lake, MN
There's no way in hell he should be arrested. I'm sorry if this offends, but if you break into my house and come at me with a knife, I'd come back at you full force with 5 shells from a 12 guage. "Equal Retaliation" goes right out the window when you're the one being threatened.

Hell, I was REALLY REALLY CLOSE to letting the dogs out to "greet" the magazine salesman who refused to leave my front porch after I'd politely refused to buy anything THREE times yesterday.

The liver is evil, and must be punished...

#596632 - 19/06/03 09:31 AM Re: These guys just learned why it's not a good idea to rob people
EMT_Diver Offline

Loc: USA
more importantly what kind of mileage did he get while chasing bad guys?

#596633 - 19/06/03 10:02 AM Re: These guys just learned why it's not a good idea to rob people
seamonkey Offline

Loc: Boerne, TX
The people that were polled and thought he shouldn't be arrested, will be the same people on the Grand Jury that will choose to endict him or not.

If he is arrested, it will only be after a Grand Jury indictment. The police will probably send the case to the prosecutor with no recommendation and let the Grand Jury make the desicion.

Offroad Pics

#596634 - 19/06/03 10:10 AM Re: These guys just learned why it's not a good idea to rob people
jorge Offline

Loc: Montclair, NJ
Quote:
Originally posted by PNUTMNM:
"Equal Retaliation" goes right out the window when you're the one being threatened.

Hell, I was REALLY REALLY CLOSE to letting the dogs out to "greet" the magazine salesman who refused to leave my front porch after I'd politely refused to buy anything THREE times yesterday.
Okay, you have problems. Having dogs attack a desperate magazine salesman is wrong. Use the hose.

Second, they were running away. No longer a threat to this guy. He tried to kill them in his anger, plain and simple. So a simple theft deserves a death sentence?

Anyway, I bet he caused more damage on his H1 then he would have lost in the theft.

I hope something happens to him, if not jail time probation and some anger management classes.

Plethora of photos , videos , a Phlog ,
and a site with kittens .
www.njax.net
NJAX.net profile
--------------------
Homer, I see your daughter is one of those wave-kissing, Dukakis-hugging moon maidens.

#596635 - 19/06/03 10:20 AM Re: These guys just learned why it's not a good idea to rob people
Cygnus-X1 Offline

Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
Quote:
Originally posted by jorge:
if not jail time probation and some anger management classes.
Anger management classes??? Wouldn't you be a little angry if you were robbed? I hope he gets a medal. I hope the guys who robbed him rot in a cell with only a copy of Hillary's new book to read.

#596636 - 19/06/03 10:45 AM Re: These guys just learned why it's not a good idea to rob people
Samueul Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA. USA
Quote:

Second, they were running away. No longer a threat to this guy. He tried to kill them in his anger, plain and simple. So a simple theft deserves a death sentence?

I hope something happens to him, if not jail time probation and some anger management classes.
So because they were running away, the guy who was wronged lost all rights to persuit? This is the thinking of the majority of this country and it worries me. when the wronged becomes the bad guy for standing up for himself.... I remember a while back I got flamed for stating I would shoot someone that broke into my house... I was made the bad guy because I stated that I wouldn't have cared if I shot the criminal in the back.... Point is, when does the individual stand up for himself. I bet you if more people did, then crimes would drop like bricks in a pool.

#596637 - 19/06/03 10:54 AM Re: These guys just learned why it's not a good idea to rob people
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Samueul:
Quote:

So because they were running away, the guy who was wronged lost all rights to persuit? This is the thinking of the majority of this country and it worries me. when the wronged becomes the bad guy for standing up for himself.... I remember a while back I got flamed for stating I would shoot someone that broke into my house... I was made the bad guy because I stated that I wouldn't have cared if I shot the criminal in the back.... Point is, when does the individual stand up for himself. I bet you if more people did, then crimes would drop like bricks in a pool.
When does the idea of vigilantism have a breaking point?

Sure, the guy has every right to pursue . . . does he have the right to murder?

I thought the whole point of "proper force" was that the force applied was appropriate to the situation . . . and a bunch of guys running away with some money (wouldn't the business owner be insured for robbery loss?) doesn't seem like a need for attempted murder . . .

On the other hand, I hope the guy doesn't get arrested. But I don't like the idea that other pinheads might try the same thing . . .

Hate to get my brains driven into the A-pillar of my truck because Bubba in his diesel-powered F-350 decided to "pursue" the little shit who cut him off three blocks back . . .

PNUT: You have dogs? I've only seen you talk about that vicious little Yorkie ankle-biter . . .

#596638 - 19/06/03 10:59 AM Re: These guys just learned why it's not a good idea to rob people
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by PNUTMNM:
There's no way in hell he should be arrested. I'm sorry if this offends, but if you break into my house and come at me with a knife, I'd come back at you full force with 5 shells from a 12 guage. "Equal Retaliation" goes right out the window when you're the one being threatened.
That's in your house, though.

Do you think, if someone broke in with a knife, that you'd follow them out the door, down the street, through the neighborhood, then shoot them with a shotgun?

Betcha you'd be charged with a series of crimes so fast your head would spin . . .

"Self-defense" and "retaliatory hunting" are very different . . .

#596639 - 19/06/03 11:12 AM Re: These guys just learned why it's not a good idea to rob people
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
Not here they aren't. If someone is stealing your property, you can kill them. You will go to jail, and have to get a lawyer, but you will most likely get off. Even if someone is in your house and you shoot them, you will probably get a trip to the pokey, and some nice lawyer fees.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal