2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 63 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#597499 - 19/05/08 07:35 AM Re: Zeitgeist - The Movie
spalind Offline

Loc: Windham, NH
Quote:
Originally posted by MidnightX:
Quote:
Originally posted by spalind:
[b]Oh...and Midnight---Your boyfriend is a moron...
That's nice. You know he fought for 10 years for you to be able to sit at your computer and freely type your thoughts. He was a member of BUDS in the Navy (underwater demolition diver) and has a medal of Valor for rescuing people and got stabbed and his face kicked in in Iraq and had to have reconstructive surgery. He's had to wipe his *ss with plant leaves in the jungle in Thailand. He's been in two helicopter crashes. That's a really nice way to respect a member of our military. He knows a lot more than we know. Let's give him some credit.

And yes, there are photos of plane wreckage at the WTC. It's on that Popular Mechanics page that Madman posted a link to.

If people are going to resort to name calling in this thread, I'm done with this argument. I was just exploring the claims that this movie presented and asked for everyone's thoughts and solid evidence to disprove them. It was quite compelling.

But I know I'm just a fool for falling for the conspiracy "bullsh*t". I just don't see anything wrong with investigating everything our government tells us. I think it's foolish to believe everything they say as the ultimate truth!

Have a nice day![/b]
MMMMhmmm...just because I have to thank someone for their service to the country does not mean that I have to think they are an intelligent, reasonable thinking person--see John McCain, John Murtha, John Kerry, etc....

There is a difference between asking reasonable questions and behaving like a lunatic....and yes...where did all the passengers on that plane go then?? The U.S. government must have them closeted away somewhere right??? That may be the fundamental question...if you don't have an answer for that then please refrain from any other of your "questioning" for if I insulted your boyfriend and he is still ALIVE...how much have you insulted the relatives of all those who died on that plane?

#597500 - 19/05/08 07:42 AM Re: Zeitgeist - The Movie
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
Quote:

The videos, eyewitness accounts, scientists, engineers, and facts brought up by the Zeitgeist Movie were much more convincing to me. I'll research more, though! I promise. Don't get all huffy and puffy! wink
You are writing some troubling things Midnight. Even though we don't know each other and I only know what you write on the message board, I have always been able to see that you are a good person and a person with a good soul.

It's especially troubling that you seem to take this Zeitgeist film at it's word without any thought and without any questions.

Did it not ever occur to you that the film never once presented any individual or anything to even remotely refute what it was trying to put forth? Not a single person outside the crackpot 9-11 truther movement was featured, yet that gave you no reason for pause.

Quote:
I just don't see anything wrong with investigating everything our government tells us. I think it's foolish to believe everything they say as the ultimate truth!
But in your mind it is somehow not foolish to believe blindly everything presented in a propaganda film that was intentionally designed to manipulate you.

Yes, you did say you believed everything presented in this film. For some reason you are disregarding all the deceptions, thinly veiled circumstantial evidence, and it's utter and complete lack of objectivity.

There have been psychological studies done into the mindset of people who are prone to conspiracy theories. Some people have a problem dealing with the unpredictability and randomness of life especially where things like 9-11 are concerned. It is easier for them to believe there is a malevolent controlling force orchestrating global events and in a perverse kind of way that is more comforting to them. The film Zeitgeist takes full advantage of that psychological profile.

9-11 was not orchestrated by the US government. There were no controlled demolitions of the WTC towers. The Pentagon was not hit by a missile.

You are being led down the wrong road Midnight.

#597501 - 19/05/08 08:09 AM Re: Zeitgeist - The Movie
MidnightX Offline

Loc: Jacksonville, Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
You are writing some troubling things Midnight. Even though we don't know each other and I only know what you write on the message board, I have always been able to see that you are a good person and a person with a good soul.
I AM a good person with a good soul. Unfortunately there are LOT of people out there who do not have such qualities.

Seriously, I'm done with this thread. The general consensus is that I am an idiot and maybe I need to sit down at night and think about why I am that way. Thanks for opening my eyes!

I gotta get back to work.

#597502 - 19/05/08 08:15 AM Re: Zeitgeist - The Movie
Chris Mc Offline

Loc: St Charles, MO
Quote:

Seriously, I'm done with this thread. The general consensus is that I am an idiot and maybe I need to sit down at night and think about why I am that way. Thanks for opening my eyes!
I think in reality the general consensus is that NY Madman is a crackpot escaped from the looney bin and that the fascist right-wingers aren't worth the effort of trying to argue with due to their real-world blinders and general lack of intelligence. That's why noone else is bothering with this thread. smile

#597503 - 19/05/08 08:26 AM Re: Zeitgeist - The Movie
spalind Offline

Loc: Windham, NH
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Mc:
Quote:
[b]
I think in reality the general consensus is that NY Madman is a crackpot escaped from the looney bin and that the fascist right-wingers aren't worth the effort of trying to argue with due to their real-world blinders and general lack of intelligence. That's why noone else is bothering with this thread. smile [/b]
Madman may be overzealous in some of his opinions from time to time but in this case he is spot on...anyone who even half considers the stuff in that "film" should seriously reexamine the space they are taking up on this planet and proceed to spare us the weight of their existence should they feel so inclined to do so...

#597504 - 19/05/08 09:44 AM Re: Zeitgeist - The Movie
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
Quote:

I gotta get back to work.
I don't think you're an idiot Midnight.

You're just allowing yourself to be misled and sucked into this type of garbage.

You started the thread by inviting the film to be disputed. There is a lot more than the 9-11 allegations that can be disputed. Would you prefer moving on to the tired old Federal Reserve conspiracy stuff put forward by the film?

Despite what actual idiots like Chris Mc have to say, there is however a general consensus within the public regarding these "9-11 Truther" people. People of all political stripes have spoken up regarding their opinions on the matter. Some of the biggest critics of the Bush administration and some hardcore leftists have spoken up regarding the issue. Even people like Noam Chomsky dismiss the "9-11 Truthers".

I'll let rabid George Bush hater, Bill Maher explain the "9-11 Truthers"......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se664bLPP3c

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal