shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#600078 - 16/04/07 12:31 PM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
Anonymous
Unregistered

Found this on another board:

From an EMS person on the scene...

Quote:
Guys,

Yes, I responded to assist with the shootings. Thanks to an
overwhelming number of other responders, I didn't treat any of the
patients. However, I think I have a clearer version of the story than what
has been released on the news. I'm not sure on the total body count
though. While the news is currently reporting 22, I've heard as many as
40. As far as those injured, I have no idea. I do know that Montgomery
Regional and NRV had to go on diversion because they were
overwhelmed by numbers of patients.

Approximately 7 of the more critical patients were transported to
Roanoke Memorial and Lewis-Gale. The shooter is among those dead.
To the best of my understanding (from first-hand accounts) this all
started with an ex-boyfriend finding his girlfriend in bed with another
guy. He then shot them, killing the guy immediately and the girl died at
RMH. The shooter then went to Norris hall and entered a classroom
opening fire.

This does hit close to home on a number of levels. Everything from
the fact that we all lived in that dorm to classes that we took in Norris
Hall. It's still hard for me to believe that something so tragic occured. It
makes last August's events with Morva look like child's-play.

#600079 - 16/04/07 12:36 PM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Desert_Rat:
Quote:
Originally posted by Samueul:
[b]not to stir the pot, but if firearms were allowed on campus would this have been prevented?
I think it's a very interesting question to ponder, for sure.

As for dropping a clip and inserting another...anyone with some experience can do this in 10 seconds and work the action to chamber a round. [/b]
Dude - you're old smile Anyone with a Glock knows that takes 5 secs max to drop the clip and reload. You don't have to work the action if the slide is back - just drop the used clip, throw in a new one and release the slide and you're back to shooting. I wouldn't want to go up against someone who had 10+ 17 round clips with anything less than an assult rifle and with at least 50 yards between me and them, preferably with some cover.

#600080 - 16/04/07 12:38 PM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
Anonymous
Unregistered

I used to work in the dorms as a Resident Advisor about a year ago and we had no plan for something like this. So I would imagine that Chaos would have gone into effect in the dorm after hearing gun fire.

#600081 - 16/04/07 12:47 PM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
Samueul Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA. USA
I figured it was a mental breakdown of some sort as most of the incident took place at the Engineering Hall.

I work with a bunch of Engineers and there are many days I want to shoot them.

#600082 - 16/04/07 12:57 PM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
spalind Offline

Loc: Windham, NH
Quote:
Originally posted by Top Shelf:
Found this on another board:

From an EMS person on the scene...

Quote:
Guys,

Yes, I responded to assist with the shootings. Thanks to an
overwhelming number of other responders, I didn't treat any of the
patients. However, I think I have a clearer version of the story than what
has been released on the news. I'm not sure on the total body count
though. While the news is currently reporting 22, I've heard as many as
40. As far as those injured, I have no idea. I do know that Montgomery
Regional and NRV had to go on diversion because they were
overwhelmed by numbers of patients.

Approximately 7 of the more critical patients were transported to
Roanoke Memorial and Lewis-Gale. The shooter is among those dead.
To the best of my understanding (from first-hand accounts) this all
started with an ex-boyfriend finding his girlfriend in bed with another
guy. He then shot them, killing the guy immediately and the girl died at
RMH. The shooter then went to Norris hall and entered a classroom
opening fire.

This does hit close to home on a number of levels. Everything from
the fact that we all lived in that dorm to classes that we took in Norris
Hall. It's still hard for me to believe that something so tragic occured. It
makes last August's events with Morva look like child's-play.
OK...that doesn't make sense in part as it says he shot them right after finding them in bed together...So you always carry a bunch of guns and ammo whenever you are gonna "pop-in" on your girlfriend?? Sure....

#600083 - 16/04/07 12:57 PM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by RiNkY:
Quote:
Originally posted by Desert_Rat:
[b]
Quote:
Originally posted by Samueul:
[b]not to stir the pot, but if firearms were allowed on campus would this have been prevented?
I think it's a very interesting question to ponder, for sure.

As for dropping a clip and inserting another...anyone with some experience can do this in 10 seconds and work the action to chamber a round. [/b]
Dude - you're old smile Anyone with a Glock knows that takes 5 secs max to drop the clip and reload. You don't have to work the action if the slide is back - just drop the used clip, throw in a new one and release the slide and you're back to shooting. I wouldn't want to go up against someone who had 10+ 17 round clips with anything less than an assult rifle and with at least 50 yards between me and them, preferably with some cover.[/b]
Good point...you're right, the slide would already be back after firing the last round.

And yes, I am old. Want to make something out of it there, whippersnapper? laugh

#600084 - 16/04/07 01:01 PM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
spalind Offline

Also now noted that he chained the doors of the classroom building so the kids couldnt get out and the police couldnt get in...definately not a spur of the moment deal...

#600085 - 16/04/07 01:23 PM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
Anonymous
Unregistered

My best friend was in Norris when it went down. There are too many stories to even try to figure out which is true. My buddy was helping a guy who had jumped out the window when another guy coming out the window was shot in the leg. He count 13 injuried. And guy in our local club who goes to school there says his friend is in the hospital after being shot 3 times. 2 in the leg and one in the elbow.

#600086 - 16/04/07 01:27 PM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm still shocked that this POS had enough time...and enough skill with the pistol, to do that kind of damage.

#600087 - 16/04/07 01:35 PM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sounds a little like he was shooting anything that moved, then maybe finishing them off if they were to injured to get out. To kill that many people by just shooting into a crowd would be pretty difficult with a 9mm I would think. Shooting that many people, then following up would sound more like it. The low number of injured compared to dead kinda plays along with that.

#600088 - 16/04/07 01:37 PM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
Anonymous
Unregistered

frown

i was just looking into a few degree's there online last night. thats my favorite college and NCAA football team and ive always wanted to go there. have had many family and friends at that school.

ETA: i heard on the radio that he lined them up against the wall and he asked them random questions and if they got them wrong, they got shot. last count i heard was up to 32.

#600089 - 16/04/07 01:43 PM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
KJ_dragon Offline

Loc: East Bay, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by zuzuman03:
frown

ETA: i heard on the radio that he lined them up against the wall and he asked them random questions and if they got them wrong, they got shot. last count i heard was up to 32.
Reminds me of Columbine. Those two disturbed boys asked questions like.. "are you a christian?" One girl (I think girl) answered proudly - YES. they shot her.

#600090 - 16/04/07 01:55 PM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
What blows my mind about this whole story is the fact that several hours took place between the first shooting and the later shooting spree.

WTF? eek What was going on during that time?

The shooter and the students of the school obviously were allowed to roam around that large campus during those hours.

#600091 - 16/04/07 02:00 PM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
spalind Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by KJ_dragon:
Quote:
[b] frown

Reminds me of Columbine. Those two disturbed boys asked questions like.. "are you a christian?" One girl (I think girl) answered proudly - YES. they shot her.[/b]
That was debunked...never happened...but it did make for a good story for a while and sold a lot of bibles...

#600092 - 16/04/07 02:03 PM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
NY Madman Offline

It seems the first shooting took place in building 32 on the map below.

The next shootings supposedly occurred in building 132 two hours later.

The shooter had a lot of time to cover that distance completely unchallenged.

#600093 - 16/04/07 02:07 PM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
Paul H Offline

Loc: Mt. Zion, IL
Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
It seems the first shooting took place in building 32 on the map below.

The next shootings supposedly occurred in building 132 two hours later.

The shooter had a lot of time to cover that distance completely unchallenged.

Someones theory and makes some sense. He could hide the 2 9mms(if true) very easy. I heard only one got shot in the dorm before the pause. Their theory was he went to the dorm looking for his target and he/she wasn't there. While pd was tied up with other shooting with maybe little to no witnesses due to the hour suspect traveled to where he knew his intended target would be and waited. Once there the massacre is still a mystery.

Again this was one of the so called experts theory and not my own. It does make a little sense as to why he would have waited the time for the other incident.

#600094 - 16/04/07 02:09 PM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
KJ_dragon Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by spalind:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b] frown

Reminds me of Columbine. Those two disturbed boys asked questions like.. "are you a christian?" One girl (I think girl) answered proudly - YES. they shot her.[/b]
That was debunked...never happened...but it did make for a good story for a while and sold a lot of bibles...[/b]
It's been many years. I didn't know it was debunked. got a link? I couldn't find anything on snopes.

#600095 - 16/04/07 02:11 PM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
NY Madman Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Paul H:

Again this was one of the so called experts theory and not my own. It does make a little sense as to why he would have waited the time for the other incident.
All the facts aren't out yet. I'm still trying to catchup on the story.

I'm wondering why wasn't the entire campus locked down after the first shooting? I haven't heard anything claiming that it was.

It is my understanding that students were still allowed to roam the campus during the interim.

#600096 - 16/04/07 02:23 PM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
mineralblue Offline

Loc: Downtown Houston, TX
Horrible and depressing. What a senseless loss of life.

#600097 - 16/04/07 02:25 PM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by mineralblue:
Horrible and depressing. What a senseless loss of life.
x2 frown

#600098 - 16/04/07 02:26 PM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
Anonymous
Unregistered

There was no way the campus was locked down. One guy a news station had on the phone said he wasn't even on campus when the first shooting went down, because he didn't have class until later. Shortly after he got to campus is when the second shooting(s) started.

#600099 - 16/04/07 02:30 PM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
mineralblue Offline

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by spalind:
[b]
Quote:
[b]
quote:
frown

That was debunked...never happened...but it did make for a good story for a while and sold a lot of bibles...[/b]
It's been many years. I didn't know it was debunked. got a link? I couldn't find anything on snopes.
Hey KJ...

Yeah, I couldn't really find anything on snopes either... but I did google it and found this...

http://www.salon.com/news/feature/1999/09/23/columbine/index1.html

Quote:
But while no one would go on the record, key investigators made it clear that an alternate scenario is far more likely: The killers asked another girl, Valeen Schnurr, a similar question, then shot her, and she lived to tell about it. Schnurr's story was then apparently misattributed to Cassie.

"Many of the kids were actually hiding under desks and hearing only bits and fragments of the conversation," one investigator explained. "It appears that exactly who they taunted, what questions were asked and who replied what may never be crystal clear." And even if it is clear, investigators clearly don't intend to tell. They cited the tense political climate around the story in this heavily evangelical community, as well as the potential embarrassment to Cassie's family, uniformly describing the Bernalls as sincere victims who may have been misinformed "through no malicious intent."

But investigators were willing to say that whichever girl was asked about her faith, her life did not hinge on her answer. One key investigator said there is no evidence the outcome would have been any different if she had denied she believed in God.

#600100 - 16/04/07 02:31 PM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
mineralblue Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ChefTyler:
There was no way the campus was locked down. One guy a news station had on the phone said he wasn't even on campus when the first shooting went down, because he didn't have class until later. Shortly after he got to campus is when the second shooting(s) started.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,266374,00.html

Quote:
Students said the first e-mail warning they got from the university about any shootings came more than two hours after the first shots were fired, around 9:30. By that time, the second shooting had taken place.

"I kind of want to know basically what happened … why school wasn't closed" after the first shootings, said freshman Kelly Kaskiw. "Lots of students are confused about that, whether the situation could have been prevented or not."

Many students didn't check their e-mail before heading to class Monday, so they didn't read the school's warnings about the first shooting. Those who did check their e-mail said they stayed put.

"There are police driving throughout the neighborhoods with a loudspeaker saying, 'this is an emergency, everyone stay inside, we're looking for suspicious activity," said Brittany Sammon, a senior Virginia Tech student staying at an apartment off campus. "There's no one outside at all, there's no traffic, there's nothing … everyone's doing what they said."

#600101 - 16/04/07 02:41 PM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
Anonymous
Unregistered

Probably not a single kid that doesn't own a Cell Phone and have access to an SMS type service, which maybe could have been used by the University if the technology existed to do a Mass SMS message to the kids.

#600102 - 16/04/07 02:59 PM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
KJ_dragon Offline

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal