2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#600128 - 17/04/07 07:10 AM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
xterra3202 Offline

Loc: Georgia
Even though he was in the US legally with a student visa and a residence in VA he can not purchase or posses a weapon. This is just another example of how moronic limiting legal ownership has become. When the police determine how the weapons were obtained they need to incarcerate those responsible for a life sentence just as with columbine....illegal weapons!!!!! So what happens when only criminals and cops have guns???? I have to sit in my own home in fear and wait 5-10 minutes for the cops to finally show up??? Mean time my wife is raped, im dead, and all my stuff is gone!!!! Justice......maybe if the incompetant cops there did their jobs this wouldnt have happened!!!!

Tim

PS- See my quote for further information

Thomas Jefferson

#600129 - 17/04/07 07:16 AM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by xterra3202:
I have to sit in my own home in fear and wait 5-10 minutes for the cops to finally show up??? Mean time my wife is raped, im dead, and all my stuff is gone!!!!
What, do you live in Bogota?

#600130 - 17/04/07 07:21 AM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
Samueul Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA. USA
The guns used were illegal. They had filed off serial numbers.

#600131 - 17/04/07 07:28 AM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
Quote:

Even though he was in the US legally with a student visa and a residence in VA he can not purchase or posses a weapon.
They are now saying he was a resident alien.

If that is the case, he is allowed to legally purchase firearms.

Foreigners on student visas are not allowed to buy and own firearms.

But, as Samuel stated, the serial numbers were removed, so the firearms were illegal.

There is still a lot more info that will be coming out.

I'd like to know what was written in the note he left in his dorm room.

#600132 - 17/04/07 07:29 AM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
babyX Offline

Quote:
PS- See my quote for further information
*a-hem* Did Jefferson misspell tyrants?

I went to the same college Grayham did, and knew of at least one teacher who carried a small gun on him. I hated sitting in his class knowing it was there. At the time, I'd never seen a gun up close and personal, and was just plain scared of them. However, given the tragic events of yesterday, I wonder how things might've been different if just one of the teachers or students had been trained in using a weapon and had fired back?

I go round and round on this with my husband all the time -- would we really be better off if we all carried weapons on us? Or would we turn into some version of Wild West movies, and just constantly be shooting at each other? I don't know. Situations like this, though, make me want to reconsider carrying.

#600133 - 17/04/07 07:31 AM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
Samueul Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA. USA
Either way, whether you're for gun control or not, it doesn't take away from the fact that one person killed 32 others rather easily using firearms. Whose to blame? The person, the campus, the local law enforcement? Who knows, so many things could have gone down differently and there is going to be major fallout all around.

Our world and society is changing at a break neck pace and not for the better.

I truly worry about the world my daughter is growing up in.

#600134 - 17/04/07 07:31 AM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
Anonymous
Unregistered

As a Legal immigrant I was able to purchase firearms, just needed my Green Card # on the FBI forms. Plus it took like 30 mins before I could walk out of the place with my deadly weapon rather than the 10 or 15 for Citizens!

I see both sides of the gun argument. Coming from the UK where the Police don't even carry guns and gun crime is crazy low, I see that making it impossible for people to own them works. But while everyone here has one, then I'll keep hold of mine too! smile

#600135 - 17/04/07 07:43 AM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just learned that a freshmen from my town was one of the students killed.

#600136 - 17/04/07 07:48 AM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
Auditor_Kevin Offline

Loc: Dundee, IL
Quote:
Originally posted by RiNkY:
Wow - now I work in the domain industry and have snapped up some names before based on news, but that is pretty fricken sick to stoop that low.
Can someone pull up the domain name information? I think that's available, I just don't know how to get it. Lets turn the heat up on this scumbag.

#600137 - 17/04/07 07:56 AM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
Anonymous
Unregistered

#600138 - 17/04/07 07:57 AM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
Anonymous
Unregistered

From VT message board:

Quote:
Someone mentioned that the original forum was offline. I had copied
and pasted his quotes into another forum. Here they were...Delete if
this is conjecture, just relaying info.

"Well, I'm screwed. They found a receipt in the gunman's pocket
indicating that he bought the gun from me in March. ATF is at my shop
right now. See you later, I'm on my way to the shop right now."

"Call BS all you like, but I just spent the last several hours with 3
ATF agents. I saw the shooter's picture. I know his name and home
address. I also know that he used a Glock 19 and a Walther P-22. The
serial number was ground off the Glock. Why would he do that and still
keep the receipt in his pocket from when he bought the gun?
ATF told me that they are going to keep this low-key and not report
this to the tv news. However, they cautioned that it will leak out
eventually, and that I should be ready to deal with CNN, FOX, etc.
My 32 camera surveillance system recorded the event 35 days ago. This
is a digital system that only keeps the video for 35 days. We got lucky.
By the way, the paperwork for Mr. Cho was perfect, thank God."

"Mr. Cho had proof of Virginia residency, checkbook (for a second ID),
and his green card(which is, of course, not green). That is all he
needed to purchase a handgun."

"We were able to burn a copy of him buying the gun."

#600139 - 17/04/07 07:57 AM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Samueul:
The guns used were illegal. They had filed off serial numbers.
That's all I needed to know. The law was broken. Further proof that more gun control laws will be entirely ineffective. Even if every citizen was required to turn in their weapons, do you honestly think the criminals will give up theirs? It'll just become another aspect of organized crime like the drug trades.

It's really too bad this guy shot himself...he deserved the public crucifiction...then again, that's a trial that would have been the only news for months. Maybe it is better after all.

I won't take away the magnitude of the crime. It was a horrible thing that happened. It's just that I already know there are going to be serious 2nd amendment related repercussions stemming from the event.

#600140 - 17/04/07 08:08 AM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by Samueul:
Whose to blame?
I blame Cho Seung-Hui. That's it.

As far as gun control, I think the "bad guys" are so far in the vast minority it's not even funny. Police and the rest of the model citizens by far out weigh the "bad guys" (my guess would be like 99%). The "bad guys" have guns so I'd rather see the vast majority have guns as well giving the "bad guys" hardly any chance instead of simply being sitting ducks like we saw yesterday.

Madman, once again I'm with you on youre media take. It's a complete joke. The finger pointing practically started while the whole shooting was still going on. The best was when they continue to blame things like video games and entertainment (i.e. TV, movies, etc.). :rolleyes: Someone has to put out a cartoon with the gunman on one side raising his hand with his guns around him saying "It was me. I did it." and a bunch of politicians and media on the other side blaming everything else but him. [LOL]

#600141 - 17/04/07 08:08 AM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
NY Madman Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by babyX:

However, given the tragic events of yesterday, I wonder how things might've been different if just one of the teachers or students had been trained in using a weapon and had fired back?
I'll tell you exactly what most likely would have happened. Some lives would have been saved.

There has already been examples of students or teachers stopping maniacs in schools on killing sprees.

In the late 90's a Vice Principal stopped a shooting spree with his gun....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luke_Woodham

A few years back a few students stopped a shooting rampage at the Appalachian School of Law....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appalachian_School_of_Law_shooting

The media refuses to discuss incidents where guns save lives.

The Salt Lake City Mall shooting a couple of months ago was stopped by an off duty cop walking around the mall. A guy who happened to be there and had a gun on him.

#600142 - 17/04/07 08:22 AM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
NY Madman Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:

Madman, once again I'm with you on youre media take. It's a complete joke. The finger pointing practically started while the whole shooting was still going on. The best was when they continue to blame things like video games and entertainment (i.e. TV, movies, etc.). :rolleyes: Someone has to put out a cartoon with the gunman on one side raising his hand with his guns around him saying "It was me. I did it." and a bunch of politicians and media on the other side blaming everything else but him. [LOL]
Plus all the media vermin had to have their morning shows from the VT Campus.

There is really no need for that.

#600143 - 17/04/07 09:01 AM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
Someone said something on my sports talk radio yesterday that had us all thinking. If this happened last week, would Imus still have a job? I'd would have to say yes, definitely. Sad media times we live in.

#600144 - 17/04/07 10:00 AM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
KJ_dragon Offline

Loc: East Bay, CA
names of victims are being slowly released.... this is a pretty impressive list of accomplishments that will be missed in the world.

Quote:
Ryan Clark, 22, was known as "Stack" to his friends in the Marching Virginians college band. The Virginia Tech senior came from Martinez in Georgia and was a "true example of 'The Spirit Of Tech'," according to a message posted on the band's Web site. He majored in biology and English, and carried a 4.0 grade-point average, according to the coroner in Columbia County, Georgia. Clark was a resident assistant at West Ambler Johnston Hall, the dormitory where he and another person were shot dead at 7:15 a.m. Monday. He had been planning to pursue a PhD in psychology with a focus in cognitive neuroscience, according to the Marching Virginians Web site.

Kevin Granata, age unknown, was one of the top five biomechanics researchers in the country working on movement dynamics in cerebral palsy, the head of Engineering Science and Mechanics Department at Virginia Tech said in an e-mail to The Associated Press. His academic career included stints at the Johns Hopkins University, Ohio State University, University of Virginia and Wake Forest University.

Liviu Librescu, 76, a professor at Virginia Tech, was recognized internationally for his research in aeronautical engineering, the head of the Engineering Science and Mechanics Department at Virginia Tech told AP. Librescu, an Israeli Holocaust survivor, was born and received his advanced degrees in Romania.

G. V. Loganathan, 51, was a professor of civil and environmental engineering in the College of Engineering at Virginia Tech. Since coming to Virginia Tech in 1982, he earned the Outstanding Faculty Award, the Dean's Award for Excellence in Teaching and the Faculty Achievement Award for Excellence in Civil Engineering Education, according to his biography on the Virginia Tech Web site. Loganathan, of Tamil Nadu, India, lived with his wife and children on Virginia Tech's campus, according to the Times of India.

Ross Alameddine, 20, was a student from Saugus, Massachusetts. The sophomore English major was shot during French class, a family friend told The Associated Press. A Facebook page created in Alameddine's remembrance called him "an intelligent, funny, easygoing guy who will be greatly missed."

Matthew La Porte, 20, of Dumont, New Jersey, was studying political science and French and was a member of the Corps of Cadets, the Virginia Tech Corps of Cadets band, the Highty-Tighties and the U.S. Air Force ROTC, according to his MySpace page.

#600145 - 17/04/07 10:10 AM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
mineralblue Offline

Loc: Downtown Houston, TX

#600146 - 17/04/07 10:15 AM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
Anonymous
Unregistered

I figured a lot of those kids are on myspace. Right now I can't even get to www.mydeathspace.com to see who had profiles.

#600147 - 17/04/07 10:16 AM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
NY Madman Offline

I don't think the first girl killed yesterday morning was his girlfriend as the media had reported.

I think he was a creep who was most likely stalking that girl or one of her friends.

Some more info on the killer....

Click for article...

His Creative Writing teacher described him as strange and troubled.

#600148 - 17/04/07 10:22 AM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
Anonymous
Unregistered

He stalked women and set a fire in his dorm room, yet he was not expelled.

Sounds like he was given too many chances to me.

#600149 - 17/04/07 10:31 AM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
NY Madman Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Desert_Rat:

He stalked women and set a fire in his dorm room, yet he was not expelled.

Sounds like he was given too many chances to me.
I was wondering the same thing.

But then again, we are talking about modern college administrators here.

There are hints coming out that he may have been on anti-depressant medication too.

#600150 - 17/04/07 10:31 AM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
Quote:
Originally posted by KJ_dragon:
Ross Alameddine, 20, was a student from Saugus, Massachusetts. The sophomore English major was shot during French class, a family friend told The Associated Press. A Facebook page created in Alameddine's remembrance called him "an intelligent, funny, easygoing guy who will be greatly missed."
Just read his myspace profile.. Look at his blogs. Some of the comments on there are fucking disgusting. Pathetic.

Why can't people like that be shot? :rolleyes:

#600151 - 17/04/07 10:58 AM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
NY Madman Offline

You knew this would happen....

Since the killer is not white... the Asian American Journalists Association is telling the rest of the media they can't say "asian" or mention his ethnicity in media reports.

Only they can use the term "asian" and set themselves apart for racial reasons in order to subject themselves to special treatment. [Freak]

Al Sharpton hasn't chimed in on the issue yet, so it's not clear if he can be called a "nappy headed ho" either. eek

No comment yet from the White American Journalists Association.

#600152 - 17/04/07 11:43 AM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
coferj Offline

Loc: Montgomery, AL
Quote:
Originally posted by GrayHam:
Quote:
[b]I have to sit in my own home in fear and wait 5-10 minutes for the cops to finally show up??? Mean time my wife is raped, im dead, and all my stuff is gone!!!!
What, do you live in Bogota?[/b]
Ok, sorry, that was funny

Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal