shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#600178 - 18/04/07 06:08 AM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
Trihead Offline

Loc: Austin Texas
Is it because Bush showed up?

Yeah the media is vermin for playing it up so the POTUS showed to make sure it was all above board.

#600179 - 18/04/07 06:18 AM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
spalind Offline

Loc: Windham, NH
I keep reading about this "Ismale Ax" phrase he had tatooed on his arm and that there are "theories" as to what it means but I can't find what these theoris are...Anyone??

#600180 - 18/04/07 07:22 AM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
xterra3202 Offline

Loc: Georgia
Here is some interesting information for you all to chew on:

In 1997 Britain banned handguns, and between 1998 and 2003 gun crimes doubled.

According the British Home Office, between 1997 and 2001 homicides increased by 19 percent and violent crime increased by 26 percent; meanwhile, in the United States, those same crimes fell by 12 percent.

Between 2000 and 2001, robbery increased by 28 percent in Britain but only 4 percent in the United States. Domestic burglary increased by 7 percent in Britain, but only 3 percent in the United States.

In 1996 Australia enacted sweeping gun control laws. In the six years following, violent crime rates rose by 32 percent.

Canada isn't faring well under its stringent gun control laws. Today Canada's violent crime rate is more than double the rate in the United States.

Despite more than 20,000 gun-control laws nationwide, "firearms are present in about the same percentage of households today as in the 1960s." Furthermore, "these households must be much better armed, particularly with handguns, than they were a generation ago." Yet since 1976 the murder rate of those 25 years old and older has fallen from 7.5 per 100,000 to 5 per 100,000.

From the Jews for the Preservation of Firerams Ownership:

Until 1943-44, the German government published its laws and regulations in the 'Reichsgesetzblatt,' roughly the equivalent of the U.S. Federal Register. Carefully shelved by law librarians, the 1938 issues of this German government publication had gathered a lot of dust. In the 'Reichsgesetzblatt' issue for the week of March 21, 1938, was the official text of the Weapons Law (March 18, 1938). It gave Hitler's Nazi party a stranglehold on the Germans, many of whom did not support the Nazis. We found that the Nazis did not invent "gun control" in Germany. The Nazis inherited gun control and then perfected it: they invented handgun control.

The Nazi Weapons Law of 1938 replaced a Law on Firearms and Ammunition of April 13, 1928. The 1928 law was enacted by a center-right, freely elected German government that wanted to curb "gang activity," violent street fights between Nazi party and Communist party thugs. All firearm owners and their firearms had to be registered. Sound familiar? "Gun control" did not save democracy in Germany. It helped to make sure that the toughest criminals, the Nazis, prevailed.

The Nazis inherited lists of firearm owners and their firearms when they 'lawfully' took over in March 1933. The Nazis used these inherited registration lists to seize privately held firearms from persons who were not "reliable." Knowing exactly who owned which firearms, the Nazis had only to revoke the annual ownership permits or decline to renew them.

In 1938, five years after taking power, the Nazis enhanced the 1928 law. The Nazi Weapons Law introduced handgun control. Firearms ownership was restricted to Nazi party members and other "reliable" people.

The 1938 Nazi law barred Jews from businesses involving firearms. On November 10. 1938 -- one day after the Nazi party terror squads (the SS) savaged thousands of Jews, synagogues and Jewish businesses throughout Germany -- new regulations under the Weapons Law specifically barred Jews from owning any weapons, even clubs or knives.

If some nut is hell bent on killing people then only a cop or soldier at every door is the answer.....then we become a two bit police state like North Korea. Granted a non citizen should not be permitted to own a weapon but he still would have found a way to carry out his ideas.

If any group of people know the ramifications of gun control talk to some people who lived in WWII Europe

When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out.

NEXT ISSUE:

About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. Three fourths are under 5 years of age.

In Darfur, Sudan, at least 400,000 people have died through violence, hunger and disease since rebels took up arms against the government in February 2003.

Cardiovascular diseases claimed 871,500 lives in 2004 (36.3 percent of all deaths or 1 of every 2.8 deaths).

About 40,910 breast cancer deaths are expected in 2007.

Sounds like we have bigger problems to solve in this country and around the world??????.......

Tim

Thomas Jefferson

#600181 - 18/04/07 07:49 AM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
Anonymous
Unregistered

http://www.fraserinstitute.ca/shared/readmore.asp?sNav=nr&id=570

It's a 4 year old study, but it backs what Xterra3202 just said.

#600182 - 18/04/07 08:55 AM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
xterra3202 Offline

Oh wait heres another story that we should all be so upset about!!!!

150 Killed

My math aint too good but isnt that 117 more dead than in VA?????

Heres another one....and Japan says that since they banned guns they are safe!!!!

Nagasaki Mayor Gunned Down

[END RANT] (For a little while anyway)

Tim

Thomas Jefferson

#600183 - 18/04/07 09:02 AM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by xterra3202:
Oh wait heres another story that we should all be so upset about!!!!

150 Killed

My math aint too good but isnt that 117 more dead than in VA?????
That's a different country. 33 is greater than 150 when it occurs on our own turf.

#600184 - 18/04/07 09:02 AM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
Anonymous
Unregistered

There's no point even talking about banning guns in the US like they have in some other countries. Before they even banned guns in the UK it was very difficult to obtain a permit to own one, you had to be a member of a gun club (Which there are very few of) with no legal record etc. Pass a background check - Wait a few weeks. Not like it was possible just to walk down the street and buy one, or walk to your local Supermarket and buy a shotgun. Guns are to prolific here for it to be feasible to ban them.

#600185 - 18/04/07 09:07 AM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
xterra3202 Offline

That's a different country. 33 is greater than 150 when it occurs on our own turf.

So by your fucked up logic the 400,000 dead in Sudan since 2003 are insignificant because they are Africans/Muslims/Not on our turf. You and people like you make me sick. You rationalize the death of some but totally discount the suffering of others.

Tim

Thomas Jefferson

#600186 - 18/04/07 09:20 AM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
NismoXse02 Offline

Nice attitude. Grow up. Nice to see that you went from 150 in Iraq to a completely different story of 400,000 in Sudan to pass your agenda. But that's besides the point. All I said was our priority is where we live as it is for all those in other countries. I never said I didn't care about what happens in other countries. Nice try. What I'm saying is I care more about my country first and foremost. The US does plenty good for the rest of the world despite what the media trys to tell you.

#600187 - 18/04/07 09:29 AM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:
Nice attitude. Grow up. Nice to see that you went from 150 in Iraq to a completely different story of 400,000 in Sudan to pass your agenda. But that's besides the point. All I said was our priority is where we live as it is for all those in other countries. I never said I didn't care about what happens in other countries. Nice try. What I'm saying is I care more about my country first and foremost. The US does plenty good for the rest of the world despite what the media trys to tell you.
x2, completely agree with you.

My heart goes out to all the victims and their families, to many lives were cut short. frown

#600188 - 18/04/07 09:39 AM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
xterra3202 Offline

I have no agenda it simply illustrates a point that americans are very turned off by the suffering of others but seem to suddenly care when it happens here. 150 vs 33....last time I checked they are all humans as are the 400k in Sudan. Is one life worth more than another simply because they happen to be an american??? Or does that person suddenly take a step down the humanity scale???? Im not pissed at you for your "own turf" comment and actually I apologize for the crude comment but the facts can not be ignored. There is a reason the US is seen as a negative influence in many parts of the world. Yes this is the greatest nation on earth and I am proud to be a soldier for that nation. However, with that status comes an awesome responsibility to stand up for those who cant not just the ones with the most oil.

Somalia 1993 thousands are dead and dying because warlords are controlling food shipments. 19 Americans are killed trying to capture key faction leaders. I can guarantee you that the comrades of those killed are more upset that they were removed from the theater than if they had been allowed to stay and finish their mission.

Americans perpetually have their heads burried in the sand. "As long as it doesnt happen to me" theory abounds in this nation. I suggest you re-read my quote from Martin Niemoller and then you might understand why I am so upset with all this sentiment.

Tim

Thomas Jefferson

#600189 - 18/04/07 09:43 AM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't think that's true. America does more to provide humanitarian aid to the 3rd world than the rest of the world combined. By FAR.

America's main problem is it's own media. Gone are the days of unbiased news reporting without an agenda. The media will keep events like this out of the spotlight and focus on scandals like the Imus guy instead. Scandals give news companies ratings, and ratings earn top advertising dollars.

Not that I'm a disbeliever in capitalism, but it does foster irresponsible news reporting.

#600190 - 18/04/07 09:46 AM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
Anonymous
Unregistered

If I may....I think what Xterra3202 and Nismo are saying is true. I think emotions are running high. We all care for our country as does anyone about their respective nation. The higher duty is to help those who cant regardless of nationality. What happened in VA is horrific but we must do as Americans have always done...roll up the sleeves and use this as part of our collective good.

#600191 - 18/04/07 09:58 AM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by wtxterra:
If I may....I think what Xterra3202 and Nismo are saying is true. I think emotions are running high. We all care for our country as does anyone about their respective nation. The higher duty is to help those who cant regardless of nationality. What happened in VA is horrific but we must do as Americans have always done...roll up the sleeves and use this as part of our collective good.
While I don't disagree with you, I believe the media and others will roll up the sleeves and use this to promote their specific anti-gun agendas.

#600192 - 18/04/07 10:02 AM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
Anonymous
Unregistered

Unfortunate but true. Only time will tell. Hopefully now we can all get along on the boards!!!! smile

#600193 - 18/04/07 11:53 AM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by xterra3202:
Americans perpetually have their heads burried in the sand. "As long as it doesnt happen to me" theory abounds in this nation. I suggest you re-read my quote from Martin Niemoller and then you might understand why I am so upset with all this sentiment.
I'm not saying their aren't people that feel that way, but it still doesn't have anything to do with my opinion of people tend to care more about what happens in their country first. Let's just say we're talking about two different things and call it a day. [Wave]

#600194 - 18/04/07 02:20 PM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
xterra3202 Offline

Agree to disagree....sounds like a plan to me!!!!! smile

Take care have a good day and again Mea Culpa!!!

Tim

Thomas Jefferson

#600195 - 18/04/07 03:07 PM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well after killing the first 2 people he sent a movie to MSNBC it seems: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18169776/

#600196 - 18/04/07 03:57 PM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
Anonymous
Unregistered

and to think those pictures were taken after the fact that he did kill two people. what a F-ing dumb ass!

#600197 - 18/04/07 04:47 PM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
From boingboing:

Why the shootings mean that we must support my politics
The classic article "Why the Bombings Mean That We Must Support My Politics" was written for 9/11, but it deserves repeating now, in the wake of the Virginia Tech shootings:

Many people will use this terrible tragedy as an excuse to put through a political agenda other than my own. This tawdry abuse of human suffering for political gain sickens me to the core of my being. Those people who have different political views from me ought to be ashamed of themselves for thinking of cheap partisan point-scoring at a time like this. In any case, what this tragedy really shows us is that, so far from putting into practice political views other than my own, it is precisely my political agenda which ought to be advanced.

Not only are my political views vindicated by this terrible tragedy, but also the status of my profession. Furthermore, it is only in the context of a national and international tragedy like this that we are reminded of the very special status of my hobby, and its particular claim to legislative protection. My religious and spiritual views also have much to teach us about the appropriate reaction to these truly terrible events.

#600198 - 18/04/07 04:47 PM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
coferj Offline

Loc: Montgomery, AL
sick phuck...I hope he rots in hell.

#600199 - 18/04/07 06:09 PM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
Anonymous
Unregistered

As if it couln't get any worse

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/218179/wbc_to_protest_the_funerals_of_virginia.html

"WBC will preach at the funerals of the Virginia Tech students killed on campus during a shooting rampage April 16, 2007. You describe this as monumental horror, but you know nothing of horror -- yet. Your bloody tyrant Bush says he is 'horrified' by it all. You know nothing of horror -- yet. Your true horror is coming. "They shall also gird themselves with sackloth, and horror shall cover them; and shame shall be upon all faces, and baldness upon all their heads" (Eze. 7:18).

Why did this happen, you ask? It's simple. Your military chose to shoot at the servants of God today, and all they got for their effort was terror. Then, the LORD your God sent a crazed madman to shoot at your children. Was God asleep while this took place? Was He on vacation? Of course not. He willed this to happen to punish you for assailing His servants."

#600200 - 18/04/07 07:29 PM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
nolarocks Offline

Loc: New Orleans
I am sickened by this. I feel so sorry for the victims and their families.

When will the media stop celebrating these idiots and stop showing pictures of them, etc. It only gives the sick phux what they want. Attention, notoriety and their 15 secs of fame. How 'bout show the victims???? Celebrate their lives and show the nation what their families lost. That bastard's face is everywhere.... I can only imagine how many sickos are inspired by this and want the same attention.

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step" - The C man

I also have some waterfront property for sale on the lakefront in Louisiana!! (NOLA) Just kidding

#600201 - 18/04/07 07:46 PM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by nolarocks:
I am sickened by this. I feel so sorry for the victims and their families.

When will the media stop celebrating these idiots and stop showing pictures of them, etc. It only gives the sick phux what they want. Attention, notoriety and their 15 secs of fame. How 'bout show the victims???? Celebrate their lives and show the nation what their families lost. That bastard's face is everywhere.... I can only imagine how many sickos are inspired by this and want the same attention.
i have to agree with you in that the media is showing the wrong face and is giving the attention to the WRONG PERSON. i think that they should show the faces of the victims and their families.

#600202 - 19/04/07 06:13 AM Re: Shooting at Virginia Tech
Trihead Offline

Loc: Austin Texas
I gotta question. I will first say I am not anti-gun but I am not an NRA guy either but...

I have heard a few on here say...we should all be carrying because we could have stopped the guy...and there were a couple references to times with a person sucessfully stopped a guy. I think NYMM sited a couple one being an off duty police officer...COPS SUCK...had to put that in there to fire some people up. smile

I was thinking I am a SWAT guy heading to a campus, office building what ever...I am HYPED beyond belief...The shooter is there and now we hear that civillians are returning fire but it isn't know who, what, when or where they are in the building or how many. I was thinking back to my MOUT training how freaking hard it is to keep track of your own guys to keep from firing them up.

So I guess my questions is would having several civillians in the fight make it harder SWAT to do their job? Will it turn into a bunch of wanna be cops running into a place where the fight is going on to "help".

I think I am a pretty sane/rational person and if I was carrying and heard shots I would head into the fight possibly fucking up the situation worse.

Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal