2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 64 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#60072 - 02/03/01 01:46 PM What a nightmare!
driver8 Offline

It all started when my wife drank too much wine and vomited all over the passenger side of my new X. We were coming back from a party and it was raining like hell. When we finally got home, I stood outside in the rain at 3am in the morning with a flashlight trying to clean up whatever I could. The wind was blowing like crazy and it was freezing! That night, I could hardly sleep thinking about the vomit working its way into the very fibers of my X. I got up at 8 am and it was still raining. Nevertheless, I kept cleaning and cleaning. I used resolve and fabreeze to get out the smell and stains. No matter how much I scrubbed, it never seemed totally clean to me. It gets worse...
In the process of cleaning, I managed to lock my keys in the car. I tried, unsuccessfully, to unlock the car using a coathanger. In the process, I managed to tear the hell out of the weather stripping around the door. Does anyone know where I can get that replaced? I also scratched the interior part of the door with the hanger.

Eventually, I did what I was too dumb to do in the first place, I called a locksmith. He got the door open and kept complaining about the smell of the vomit. He charged me 70 bucks.

Basically, I was able to get all the stains out and the smell is gone. Now I just need to replace the stripping and do something about the scratches. Any ideas?

------------------

#60073 - 02/03/01 01:57 PM Re: What a nightmare!
Kafka213 Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
That sucks!

------------------
Eric Miller
University of Chicago
Also from southwest MO.

#60074 - 02/03/01 02:11 PM Re: What a nightmare!
PartsPeddler Offline

Loc: Richardson (Dallas), Texas, US...
You might want to take it to your local dealer. They can install the new weatherstripping and, in most cases, will have a scratch and dent man on the premises for little jobs like the one you've described.

------------------

#60075 - 02/03/01 02:25 PM Re: What a nightmare!
Jackel Offline

Loc: Glendale, AZ, USA
That Sucks!!!!!!!!!!
Dealer sounds like the best place.

------------------

#60076 - 02/03/01 02:36 PM Re: What a nightmare!
kayak_x Offline

Loc: Bay Area, CA
Bummer. Give vomitX to your wife and make her buy you a new one. Seems fair to me.

------------------
- kayak_x
2000 Alpine SE 4x4

#60077 - 02/03/01 03:08 PM Re: What a nightmare!
defibvt Offline

Loc: AZ
Man that sucks. If you got a little green machine you could use that to get some of the smell out.

------------------
'00 Solar Yellow XE
Automatic
3-pack
I love the smell of napalm in the morning...smells like..victory.

#60078 - 04/03/01 12:21 AM Re: What a nightmare!
Awesome X Offline

Loc: Cincinnati, OH USA '00 Azt...
Get an extra set of keys. I learned this the same way you did (no vomit though), still have the hanger scratches on my Toyota p/u.

------------------
Cris
'00 Aztec Red 4X4 V6 XE 3 Pack

[This message has been edited by Awesome X (edited 03-04-2001).]

#60079 - 04/03/01 05:05 AM Re: What a nightmare!
TKNice Offline

Loc: Cooksville, MD '01 Gold Rush S...
What a story! Sorry to hear that. I guess on the ride home you went through the whole "Look, if you are going to vomit let me know so I can pull over". That happend to me once (not with the X) except much of it went into the passenger air vents. I was so screwed.

-Tom

------------------

#60080 - 04/03/01 06:21 AM Re: What a nightmare!
aquamander Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Ga.
Looks like a job for passenger side barf-bags. HeHe.

Same thing happened to me. I went to a party, started getting a little tipsy. The last thing I remember, was one of my friends saying something about some moonshine he'd recieved from his uncle....Well it must have had a bad reaction with the Crown Royal I had been drinking earlier, cause I got WHACKED! My wife drove us home, with me puking on cue about every ten minutes. But even in the worst condition I had been in in years, I managed to time my puke session with good pullover spots on the way home. I even christened the driveway of a local Toyota dealership! (must have been the logo got me a spinnin)
Anyhow, I was lucky, I managed to keep hold of my self until the car came to a stop. One thing I can say about the X, You can puke right out the door without even unbuckling! Thats a good feature you know, when your ready to hurl, who wants to be held back by seatbelts? So the worst mess I made was a smidgin of barf on my steprail. I put a kitchen garbage bag in the glove compartment for future emergencies.

I feel for you man, hope you get everything cleaned up okay.

------------------
Denim Blue SE
4x4 3pack Auto
My other car is my Airborne Zeppelin!

[This message has been edited by aquamander (edited 03-04-2001).]

#60081 - 04/03/01 02:08 PM Re: What a nightmare!
spike Offline

Loc: North Bend, OR
On one of my snowboarding trips to Hood this season, I brought along my brother and a friend. Well, my brother decided to get really drunk the night before. With only 3 hours sleep, he had quite the hangover. Nearly the whole 4.5 hour trip up, he was hangin his head out the window puking. He did a real nice job of washing the X afterwards, though.

------------------
'01 SE Just Blue 4x4
-PNWX member-

#60082 - 05/03/01 09:32 AM Re: What a nightmare!
PrimeX Offline

Loc: Houston, Tx.
Dude, that must have been hell!! As for the keys, I have an extra spare i keepin my wallet for such emergencies. Also, your roof rack is there for a reason...should have just got the bungee cords out and strapped her up there...screw having her smell up the X!

------------------
2001 SE SILVER ICE.
"American beer is alot like making love in a rowboat- it's f**king close to water."

#60083 - 05/03/01 12:02 PM Re: What a nightmare!
Synchro Offline

Loc: The booth on the left
umm...didn't your X come with a spare set o keys and keyless entry thingy from the dealer? mine sit tucked away in my kitchen for exactly this reason.

sounds like you should make her buy you the seat covers and rubber floor mats to compensate you.

just an FYI, you can buy the front seat fabric covers seperate from the seats if i recall correctly.

#60084 - 05/03/01 01:58 PM Re: What a nightmare!
driver8 Offline

Yes, I have an extra key. My woman keeps it in her purse, which she left in the X that night - thus, both sets were locked in the car.

To her credit, she offered to pay for the locksmith and she helped clean it up (when she finally got out of bed at 3pm the next day). She ended up getting the car professionally cleaned for me - so, at least she took responsibility. All is almost forgiven now, but I can't help but think that the X is tainted somewhat. And I am still tramuatized, but the prozac is helping...

------------------

#60085 - 05/03/01 04:24 PM Re: What a nightmare!
rob in Austin Offline

Loc: the womb of an angry jackal
Clean it up?!? Man, those chunks could've been priceless in the outback!

On a more serious note I'm sure we all sympathize with you in that you feel your baby has been defiled.
Remember: "Life is too short to drink cheap wine"

------------------

#60086 - 07/03/01 11:44 AM Re: What a nightmare!
BoarderPhreak Offline

Loc: Huntington, NY
Roof racks: Good for wives, too.

------------------
2001 Solar Yellow SE 4x4 V6 5spd

#60087 - 07/03/01 02:48 PM Re: What a nightmare!
PrimeX Offline

Loc: Houston, Tx.
My point exactly...just don't think I could get the balls to try it...wouldn't wanna be in the doghouse for too long!

------------------
2001 SE SILVER ICE.
"American beer is alot like making love in a rowboat- it's f**king close to water."

#60088 - 15/03/01 06:56 AM Re: What a nightmare!
Xman Offline

Loc: Palm Bay, FL
Thats Sucks!!

------------------

#60089 - 20/03/01 06:05 PM Re: What a nightmare!
Carl Offline

Loc: San Pedro, Ca
You could probably get some color-sanding done to remove the scratch. If you happen to be in the South Bay area of Southern California, I could have it done for you, at no charge.

-Carl

------------------
-Carl
Silver XE 4x4
5-Speed

#60090 - 11/04/01 06:54 PM Re: What a nightmare!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Puke is one thing. Sure it stinks, and sure it is messy. This past weekend I saw an X with 3" of swamp water inside. Both front floor boards were 3" deep.

I imagine the puke was more localized than the swampwater and mud was.

I agree, you should use the roof rack.

------------------
Goliath the X
Cloud White, XE, V-6, Auto, 3-Pack
31 X 10.5 M/T, Cobra 75
MAXC Member
http://members.aol.com/goliaththex/xhome.html

#60091 - 11/04/01 06:59 PM Re: What a nightmare!
pjbaz Offline

Loc: Wallingford, CT, USA ...
Ummmmmm, swampwater

------------------

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal