shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#606333 - 01/05/07 08:19 AM Pit Bulls
Anonymous
Unregistered

Who says all pit bulls are mean? hehe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2OC5Z1Fii8

I thought this was pretty cool. smile

#606334 - 01/05/07 08:29 AM Re: Pit Bulls
Anonymous
Unregistered

Not me. My little 95lb sister has been raising pits for the past 5 years. Her dogs are some of the most well mannered dogs I've ever seen. They can act a bit strange when other dogs are around, but none of them have ever even nipped at a person.

#606335 - 01/05/07 08:36 AM Re: Pit Bulls
xterra3202 Offline

Loc: Georgia
A good example of a well trained dog. The dog will act only as good or as bad as the human who trained it or abused it!!!! We have a 43 pound boxer that is basically a big puppy but because she is a type of "pit bull" we can not live in military housing!!!! Oh well screw GMH!!!!

Tim

Here is a pic of our "aggressive" breed dog!!!!

Thomas Jefferson

#606336 - 01/05/07 09:07 AM Re: Pit Bulls
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by xterra3202:
[QB]The dog will act only as good or as bad as the human who trained it or abused it!!!!
I could not agree more. I have a friend who rescues pit bulls. She has one that was abused and ready to be put down two years ago. Today, its ranked #31 in the nation for obedience in its breed and is as happy and well-adjusted of a dog that you could hope for.

#606337 - 01/05/07 10:47 AM Re: Pit Bulls
Anonymous
Unregistered

Boxers are considered dangerous?!?! confused

While I hope I'm not jinxing myself by saying this, I've NEVER met an unfriendly boxer. Those are the most affectionate and hyperactive dogs I know... well that and my Aussie. laugh

#606338 - 01/05/07 11:08 AM Re: Pit Bulls
Anonymous
Unregistered

All "aggresive" breeds can be great dogs... until they feel threatened. Then they can snap. It's the unpredictablity of these breeds that makes them dangerous. I once saw a pit jump into a car window and attack a guy who was just turning around in the driveway. Obviously the dog doesn't feel that those chicks are a threat, but who knows what the dog will percieve as a threat next time... the chick, a kid, you, your wife, other dog, etc... There's a reason that these dogs are feared!!

#606339 - 01/05/07 11:26 AM Re: Pit Bulls
xterra3202 Offline

Boxers are considered a dangerous breed according to GMH which handles Army Housing...bunch of crap if you ask me....

Any animal will attack if it feels threatened not just a so called dangerous or aggressive breed. My 12 year old shepard/retriever mix will take your hand off if he feels threatened while the boxer rolls over with her legs up in the air.

The problem are all these trashy people (my family has been on Cops before) that buy these dogs abuse them and then they equate humans with abuse or a threat and react how nature has programmed them.

Dogs are not "wild" animals but they are still animals with insticts that will never be suppressed.

The good part is that dogs are pack animals and easily trainable if you know what your doing. Ceasar Milan is an amazing man who also has a great show which demonstrates that all the time.

Tim

Thomas Jefferson

#606340 - 01/05/07 01:23 PM Re: Pit Bulls
Anonymous
Unregistered

My neighbors pitbull was a dumbass. I say WAS, because it appears that me leaving my garden gate open at my old house resulted in the dog escaping when it hopped the wall into my yard, which I complained to them about for months! lol.

My wicked plan paid off.

#606341 - 02/05/07 04:42 AM Re: Pit Bulls
MBFlyerfan Offline

Loc: NJ, Just east of the Walt.
Pitbulls are great dogs. WHen they get bad owners is when they become dangerous.

The same can be said for any type of dog.

You get bitten by a chihuahua with a bad owner it might be a few hours before you actually realize it is still hanging off of your ass.

A pitbull is a different story.

Dont blame the dogs, blame the owners.

#606342 - 02/05/07 05:02 AM Re: Pit Bulls
Anonymous
Unregistered

Pitbulls scored 83.9% on temperment testing done by the American Temperment Test Society, compared to 77% for the general dog population. Though they can be DOG aggressive, they were purposely bred not to be human aggressive. There's plenty of info out there, don't believe all the myths. smile

#606343 - 02/05/07 06:45 AM Re: Pit Bulls
Trihead Offline

Loc: Austin Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by xterra3202:

The problem are all these trashy people (my family has been on Cops before)

Tim
Got a Youtube clip? We/I need to hear more on this subject that is awesome.

#606344 - 02/05/07 09:09 AM Re: Pit Bulls
xterra3202 Offline

I wish I did but its not a highlight at family reunions!!!!

Tim

Thomas Jefferson

#606345 - 02/05/07 10:38 AM Re: Pit Bulls
Anonymous
Unregistered

Here's my killer. You better look out, she will lick the crap out of you.

It really is the environment that the dog is raised in. My pup was a stray, but she is in a loving home and has never been aggressive toward anyone.

She will protect her family though. She's flipped another dog over and pinned him without harm when he came at us with teeth barred.

#606346 - 02/05/07 12:48 PM Re: Pit Bulls
Big Daddy Chia Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
Every pitbull I have come across has been super friendly to me. I agree with most people in this thread its not the dog its the owner. All these little gangsters think its cool to have a pit and they mistreat the animal. In my opinion a pitbull should be treated like a gun. There should be back ground checks and liscense distibuted. Just to keep the idiots from owning them.

#606347 - 02/05/07 12:58 PM Re: Pit Bulls
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by cornick:
Who says all pit bulls are mean? hehe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2OC5Z1Fii8

I thought this was pretty cool. smile
Bah, I'm not eating that, there's no 11 herbs and spices...

#606348 - 04/05/07 06:57 AM Re: Pit Bulls
Anonymous
Unregistered

#606349 - 04/05/07 07:47 AM Re: Pit Bulls
Anonymous
Unregistered

All these cute pictures just prove what a dangerous breed these dogs really are, they have managed to brainwash you owners into thinking they are cute family pets and won't rip your neighbours kids to pieces given half a chance. It's a sad day for XOC when people are Oooo'ing and Ahhhhh'ing over the cute Pit Bull Puppy pics, when we all know these dogs should be shot on sight.

Their cunning ability to disguise their true underlying malice makes them a formidable foe.

#606350 - 04/05/07 12:31 PM Re: Pit Bulls
xterra3202 Offline

Sounds like Pit Bulls and politicians have more in common than we thought!!!!!! laugh

Tim

Thomas Jefferson

#606351 - 07/05/07 08:39 AM Re: Pit Bulls
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Daddy Chia:
Every pitbull I have come across has been super friendly to me. I agree with most people in this thread its not the dog its the owner. All these little gangsters think its cool to have a pit and they mistreat the animal. In my opinion a pitbull should be treated like a gun. There should be back ground checks and liscense distibuted. Just to keep the idiots from owning them.
I wholeheartedly agree with you. Boxers are wonderful beautiful dogs.

Here is our ferocious girl Leesha. She passed away almost 2 years ago now from cancer. She was and still is the light of our family. You couldn't ask for a better dog but people were scared of her because of her looks.

And here is our foster boy Bryson that we had last winter for 3 months until he went to his forever home. He was quite the handful but was just a big lap dog.

We currently are dogsitting my mother's 2 yr old ShitZu while she is in NFLD and this dog is just so yappy. Drives me insane and I wouldn't trust her around any small children.

#606352 - 07/05/07 11:08 AM Re: Pit Bulls
Auditor_Kevin Offline

Loc: Dundee, IL
My wife has a two inch scar on her hand from trying to peel two pit bulls that escaped from a neighbors garage and were hell bent on turning my utterly harmless and completely non-agressive golden retriever into roadkill. There's another thread on here about pitbulls that details the incident.

The two pitbulls that attacked my wife and dog were raised in a loving home by loving owners.

That crap about pitbulls acting as nice as the owners is complete and utter bullshit. And that temperment score is irrelevant. It's not about how aggresive the breed is in general, it's about how much damage they can do when they go nuts.

Fortunately for the safety of the population at large, money talks and bullshit (most of this thread) walks. Insurance companies now drop pit bull owners that report even a single dog bite claim faster than I can type this sentence. The homeowners are also then blackballed from getting other reputable or reasonably priced insurance. And I couldn't be happier about that. Unfortunately, most people that I've come across that own pitbulls aren't too concerned with insurance of any variety.

[Wave]

#606353 - 07/05/07 12:40 PM Re: Pit Bulls
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
It's not about how aggresive the breed is in general, it's about how much damage they can do when they go nuts.
And that is exactly why its unfair to single out any single breed. No one thinks about Golden Retrievers being dangerous, yet an elderly neighbor of mine was attacked and hospitalized and her dog torn open down the gut by two Goldens that had gotten out of their yard. Her dog did live, but not without several nights at the vet and a line of stitches from stem to stern. Nothing like coming home from work and seeing blood all over the sidewalk.

I am sorry about your wife. A neighborhood dog once charged my wife and dog while she was out walking and it still boils my blood to think about, so I know how you feel.

Unfortunately, we only hear about dog attacks on the news. No one reports the tens of thousands of Pit Bulls (or other "dangerous" dogs) that went through the day (or their life) without incident.

#606354 - 07/05/07 01:49 PM Re: Pit Bulls
xterra3202 Offline

A dog is nothing more than a domesticated wolf. A wolf is much more powerful (especially the jaw muscles) but that inherant animalism can never be "breeded" out. Ive trained my dogs to act aggresively based upon verbal cues that my wife or I give to the animal...it can be turned on and off but I still dont trust them as I will never completely trust any animal for the above reason.

Be that as it may they have never attacked or threatened to attack but it is in them same as for a Yorkie or Toy Poodle. In addition they are never off a lease, we have a 5ft tall rock wall with an extra 3ft of chain link so they can not get out with a case hardened chains and locks on the gate. If someone gets into my backyard or enters our home without us inviting them the dogs are trained to act accordingly.

We take great responsibility in ensuring that when people we know or invite arrive the dogs act fine but then there is the switch that can be thrown.

Pit Bulls have been breed to be non-aggressive towards humans..but aggressive towards other dogs, especially another dominate male dog.

I agree that owners should be responsible for the animal but it is not the animals fault that Joe Dirt keeps the animal tied up behind his trailer and throws beer cans at him....you live like that and see if your not aggressive towards humans. Nor do I agree that lawsuits should be filed unless severe negligance can be shown on the owners behalf.

I am sorry about your wifes attack but proper training would have eliminated serious hand injury. My best friend is an MP and they train their dogs with what is called a "wrap". Basically a large extremely padded sleeve that fits over your arm. Once the dog latches on they wont release until the handler calls them off. For that reason you can use to your advantage if attacked by a charging dog.

If the animal is charging you with its ears back, mouth open guess what....it wants you. Stand your ground like a wrestler would and present the dog with what it wants your weaker arm. The dog will go for that target as it will be closer and easy to grab onto since it will be perpindicular to the animals mouth. Meanwhile retrieve a small pocket knift (I always carry one while walking my dogs) and since the dog has attacked your arm you have a perfect opening to slash the animals vulnerable underbelly or neck. You may not have to kill the animal but your goal is to survive at this point. It will hurt you but puncture wounds on your forearm are better than a ripped apart hand.

Just some advice that unfortunately I know works. Take it for what you will.....

Tim

Thomas Jefferson

#606355 - 07/05/07 02:15 PM Re: Pit Bulls
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Auditor_Kevin:
My wife has a two inch scar on her hand from trying to peel two pit bulls that escaped from a neighbors garage and were hell bent on turning my utterly harmless and completely non-agressive golden retriever into roadkill. There's another thread on here about pitbulls that details the incident.

The two pitbulls that attacked my wife and dog were raised in a loving home by loving owners.

That crap about pitbulls acting as nice as the owners is complete and utter bullshit. And that temperment score is irrelevant. It's not about how aggresive the breed is in general, it's about how much damage they can do when they go nuts.

Fortunately for the safety of the population at large, money talks and bullshit (most of this thread) walks. Insurance companies now drop pit bull owners that report even a single dog bite claim faster than I can type this sentence. The homeowners are also then blackballed from getting other reputable or reasonably priced insurance. And I couldn't be happier about that. Unfortunately, most people that I've come across that own pitbulls aren't too concerned with insurance of any variety.

[Wave]
Just so happens it was two pitbulls. I would bet my sweet little Pit/Lab mix on the fact that if you get between ANY breed of dog while they are engaged in combat with another animal, you become a threat and will get the nasty end of the dog.

Your wife is the dumb shit in that situation for sticking her hand in there. She is lucky all that happened was a two inch cut. Bad decision on her part. Hopefully next time she looks at her scar before trying to stop a dog fight. Sometimes lessons come the hard way, don't take the easy way out by blaming a whole breed of dog.

ALL dogs have centuries of instincts that tell them they are hunters, hunt in packs, and as with ANY predator, they prey on weaker animals. Your little sweet innocent Golden Retriever has the same instincts, but happend to be the weaker animal in this situation. Dogs sense fear, if you show it, you become the weaker animal...i.e. the prey.

I was bit by a damn cocker spaniel when I was a kid. Doesn't mean I go around spewing out propaganda that Cockers are vicious and should be shot on sight. People can be vicious, does that mean we get to shoot whoever we, as individuals, think are vicious and dangerous? Nope. I personally don't really like a lot of things in this world, doesn't mean I get to go destroy whatever it is I don't like.

I think the real issue here is FEAR. You people that hate Pits are the same people that clam up and get nervous when you are in an environment where YOU are the minority. "Uh oh..don't know how to act around the colored people, uh oh...I saw on MTV how they all hate us whiteys and they all carry guns and want to rob people, just look at the ground and they won't bother me." C'mon, are ya'll really that afraid and ignorant, stop being a bunch of f'ing babies. Stay your asses in your little suburbia with the white picket fence and keep the covers pulled over your head so nothing can get ya.

I have a shepard/border collie mix and a Pit bull/lab mix. The pit/lab is highly excitable and full of energy and bark, but that is all. My other dog is much calmer and nice to familiar hands, but has engaged other dogs at the same time when they came after my wife, and cornered family that stayed over and got up in the middle of the night. So as for that unpredictablity of Pits...that is BS. No one can predict a dogs' behavior 100% of the time, not even the owners.

Bottom line: If you don't have first hand experience around Pit Bulls, shut your mouth. Second, if you have had a "negative" experience, ask yourself if it was really the result of the breed or could any dog react the same way.

If you think a every dog in a breed is "dangerous", you are an ignorant human being and should get over your fear so you can hold an intelligent conversation without sounding like a fool who thinks all _____ breed of dogs should be shot.

#606356 - 07/05/07 03:53 PM Re: Pit Bulls
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by RiNkY:
Their cunning ability to disguise their true underlying malice makes them a formidable foe.
No more so than every single living breathing human being. So...should every person be shot? After all, everyone has the capabilty to be a danger to themselves and/or others, and many people that "snap", show little or no signs. We are talking about a DOG. An animal that we have controlled over centuries, it is not a "foe". It is a tool first, and a companion second.

#606357 - 07/05/07 04:58 PM Re: Pit Bulls
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by fog:
Nice looking dog. How old? M/F?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal