shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#606358 - 07/05/07 11:15 PM Re: Pit Bulls
Anonymous
Unregistered

Me being a proud pitbull owner I will definitely stand up for this breed. My pit is 3 yrs old and has never once harmed anyone and has grown up around my 5yr old and 18mo old and is very very protective of both of them. Like it was said before, Its not the dog, but the environment and treatment throughout its life which influences its behavior as well as its natural instinct.

I have a questions for a couple of people in here... Auditor_Kevin : WTF!?! Was your wife thinking when she reached right in to separate two highly pissed off canines?? Noone in their right mind would stick their hand in a open mouth of a great white now would they? Same should apply for a dog fight! I would venture to guess that that was a case of stupidity and she was indeed lucky for the 2in paper cut.

As for you Rinky: Do you have any first hand accounts of an actual Pit Bull attacking you or any of your family and causing malicious damage? Or are you one of those "jump-on-the-bandwagon" idiots that run their mouth without being educated in what they are talking about? I would love to see you pull out your gun when you see my pit and definitely would love to see you grow the balls to "shoot it on the spot" Youre all talk, with no formal education in this background to back up your half witted 3rd grade statements. You soak up what the news feeds you and instantiously form an opinion on things you think you know about but honestly dont have a clue. My advice to you which will benefit you greatly is to gather as much data and information as you can before you start to open your mouth. You will defintely look like less of an a55!

-Rob

#606359 - 08/05/07 08:37 AM Re: Pit Bulls
Auditor_Kevin Offline

Loc: Dundee, IL
T Ray - I guess the highly educated actuaries working at insurance companies are all dumbasses, too. They take emotion completely out of the equation and just analyze at the money - yet they come to the same conclusion I do. That whole predator/prey analysis you gave me speaks more to your misguided (and frankly, disturbing) set of principles than to some kind of excuse why it's ok to own highly dangerous breeds that can cause destruction on a scale unlike most normal dogs.

As for you claiming everyone smart enough to stay away from a breed of dog capable of killing a grown man means they're racist.....wow. I don't know where to begin with that one. I'm glad you included it though, as it did more to take away from any arguement you had rather than helping it.

And as for you calling my wife a "dumb shit" for intervening instead of letting the two pits kill a member of our family, again - thanks. It's attitudes like that that will make anti-pit legislation that much easier to pass.

All I'll say to you other proud pitbull owners out there is enjoy the high deductible/no coverage/deny-every-claim homeowners insurance you'll have to pick up if your dog bites someone.

The couple that owned the pits that bit my wife eventually had to sell their house. Probably from a combination of not being able to get insurance and being completely ostricized by their neighbors. The local kids weren't allowed anywhere near that house.

Why put yourself in a position where that's even a possibity when there are so many breeds of dogs that were bred to be companions, not bred to be blood-thirsty killing machines? If your answer is that you need an animal bred to be a killing machine for some kind of protection, then I highly recommend that you increase your skill sets so you can move someplace safer.

I don't care what kind of pets you have if you live someplace isolated, but in the middle of a neighborhood full of kids running around, everyone has to play by the community rules. And #1 on that list is being responsible enough to not put others in harms way. It's no coincidence that this breed is most popular in the worst neighborhoods. Dangerous people gravitate towards dangerous activities.

Finally, I realize I'm painting with a broad brush here. I'm sure there are plenty of well-intended people on the other side of this debate. It's a shame so many irresponsible and reckless people have identified with the breed you love so much - but they have, and something needs to be done about it.

#606360 - 08/05/07 08:58 AM Re: Pit Bulls
Trihead Offline

Loc: Austin Texas
Shit, my dog can kick your dogs ass

Here is a recent pic of me out for a walk with Spot.

#606361 - 08/05/07 09:40 AM Re: Pit Bulls
great pyr-hauler Offline

Loc: Illinois
T-Ray's post is a classic. He goes off on a rant about painting Pit Bull's and their owners with a broad brush and then turns around and paints all Pit Bull haters with the same broad brush and even throws racist crap into the argument. He then manages to insult someone for trying to stop a fight where a family member is being attacked. Classic stuff there T-Ray.

#606362 - 08/05/07 10:08 AM Re: Pit Bulls
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
Pit bulls are a popular topic here on XOC. There seems to always be a new thread regarding these dogs that pops up.

Some people love them and claim the owners are always at fault for any bad behavior by the breed. Some people claim they are a bad breed of dog and prone to aggression and attack.

One thing is certain. They are physically capable of doing more damage than most breeds of dogs due to their superior bite pressure and their aggressive nature once it is triggered.

I don't know who is correct in this argument. I only know my personal opinion of pit bulls. I would never completely trust one of them. The same goes for Rots. (I don't care much for Dobermans either. But I do love most other breeds of dogs)

The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) published a study concerning deaths from canine attacks. They found over a period of time, about one third of such attacks were done by pit bull type dogs.

http://www.cdc.gov/ncipc/duip/dogbreeds.pdf

Can that high percentage of attacks by a particular type of dog all be due to bad owners or does the breed play a large factor?

#606363 - 08/05/07 11:12 AM Re: Pit Bulls
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Auditor_Kevin:
T Ray - I guess the highly educated actuaries working at insurance companies are all dumbasses, too. They take emotion completely out of the equation and just analyze at the money - yet they come to the same conclusion I do. That whole predator/prey analysis you gave me speaks more to your misguided (and frankly, disturbing) set of principles than to some kind of excuse why it's ok to own highly dangerous breeds that can cause destruction on a scale unlike most normal dogs.
What constitutes a normal dog?

Quote:
As for you claiming everyone smart enough to stay away from a breed of dog capable of killing a grown man means they're racist.....wow. I don't know where to begin with that one. I'm glad you included it though, as it did more to take away from any arguement you had rather than helping it.
Most medium to large size dogs are CAPABLE of killing a grown man. Particularly those dogs which have stronger wills.

Quote:
And as for you calling my wife a "dumb shit" for intervening instead of letting the two pits kill a member of our family, again - thanks. It's attitudes like that that will make anti-pit legislation that much easier to pass.
What happened to your wife is very unfortunate. However, it is not the even close to being the average pit encounter.

Quote:
All I'll say to you other proud pitbull owners out there is enjoy the high deductible/no coverage/deny-every-claim homeowners insurance you'll have to pick up if your dog bites someone.
I am no insurance admiral like yourself, but I do know that this was the case my parents friends. Their Dalmatian bit a guy a couple years ago. Bye bye insurance. Let’s not limit this one to pit bulls.

Quote:
The couple that owned the pits that bit my wife eventually had to sell their house. Probably from a combination of not being able to get insurance and being completely ostricized by their neighbors. The local kids weren't allowed anywhere near that house.
That's just sad. Again, it’s very unfortunate for your wife to be put in that position and she has every right to protect your dog from harm. I consider her being a causality of war for lack of a better term and not necessarily attacked.

Quote:
Why put yourself in a position where that's even a possibity when there are so many breeds of dogs that were bred to be companions, not bred to be blood-thirsty killing machines? If your answer is that you need an animal bred to be a killing machine for some kind of protection, then I highly recommend that you increase your skill sets so you can move someplace safer.
Blood thirsty killing machines. Use your head for more than a hat rack. If this were even remotely close to being true the military would own all rights or the breed would've been extinguished long ago.

Quote:
I don't care what kind of pets you have if you live someplace isolated, but in the middle of a neighborhood full of kids running around, everyone has to play by the community rules. And #1 on that list is being responsible enough to not put others in harms way. It's no coincidence that this breed is most popular in the worst neighborhoods. Dangerous people gravitate towards dangerous activities.
Are you on medifuckincation? Did I just read that you would like to be able to dictate where people could live depending on what kind of pet they own? Maybe, I didn't read that correctly. Anyway, from what I gathered from your story this was an anomaly. Those dogs were contained, but managed to get out. So, it's not like the owners were putting anybody in harms way. It seems like they were doing their best to comply with your #1 rule.

Quote:
Finally, I realize I'm painting with a broad brush here. I'm sure there are plenty of well-intended people on the other side of this debate. It's a shame so many irresponsible and reckless people have identified with the breed you love so much - but they have, and something needs to be done about it.
What should we do? Hey, I have an idea. Let's inform all the people you consider irresponsible and reckless that you (Dictator_Kevin) have been promoted from highly educated actuary to grand master of universe and that you want them to disassociate with pit bulls because you said so. Then, if they deny your demands you can cast them into isolation (because you don’t care what pets are kept in isolated places) where they could live outside of your scrutinizing ways and enjoy the company of their blood thirsty machines. So yeah, let me know how ya make out with that, chief.

#606364 - 08/05/07 11:33 AM Re: Pit Bulls
Auditor_Kevin Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by great pyr-hauler:
T-Ray's post is a classic. He goes off on a rant about painting Pit Bull's and their owners with a broad brush and then turns around and paints all Pit Bull haters with the same broad brush and even throws racist crap into the argument. He then manages to insult someone for trying to stop a fight where a family member is being attacked. Classic stuff there T-Ray.
X2

You just managed to sum it up in many less words than it took me.

#606365 - 08/05/07 11:53 AM Re: Pit Bulls
Auditor_Kevin Offline

What constitutes a normal dog?

How about one that isn't capable of this:

The Enduring Agony Of A Pit Bull Attack

This happened two communities away from me, and it happened only a year and a half ago - so it ain't like I'm stretching for an example here. And don't give me the "media hates pit bulls" excuse on this one either. Had it been a person wandering a neighborhood causing this kind of destruction to man, woman and child it would have made national headlines.

If you want about a dozen more examples of what a normal dog ISN'T, do your own homework and use the search words "pit bull" and "malevolence" to find the thread where we've been documenting local instances of attacks. It's 7 pages long.

#606366 - 08/05/07 02:13 PM Re: Pit Bulls
Anonymous
Unregistered

Clearly any dog that is capable of this...

Needs to be banned from our communities!

#606367 - 08/05/07 02:44 PM Re: Pit Bulls
Anonymous
Unregistered

What I would like to know is, where do you draw the line? I have not done the research, but I will take the statement as true about Pit Bulls being involved in more reported attacks than other dogs. So if that is true, then are you suggesting that ALL Pit Bulls be put down, regardless of their individual temperament? At what point do you stop eliminating the worst dog on the list? Because after you get rid of the Pit Bulls, then the next worst dog is now responsible for the most attacks. Remember, probably all breeds have documented cases of aggression (even Toy Poodles and Dachshunds).

I hear a lot of ranting and raving, but I have yet to hear anyone clearly state what they think the solution is to this.

Personally, I think the owner ALWAYS gets punished. And if the situation warrants, you also deal with the dog. But taking away a person's right to choose the breed of dog they want for a pet is just wrong. And that is no different than the debate over gun ownership. Many own potentially lethal weapons with good intent and handle them responsibly. Others knowingly get things because they want the destructive force they are capable of. If that person allows that weapon to be used in a destructive nature (by them self or another), then we have to hope that the legal system acts appropriately.

#606368 - 08/05/07 02:53 PM Re: Pit Bulls
Anonymous
Unregistered

As I see it pit bulls are a huge problem in our communities, and I firmly beleive the only solution is to introduce an animal that can control their population for us

Here kitty kitty... laugh

But seriously, by in large I fall into the camp that there are few bad dogs, but lots of bad owners. However, Pit Bulls appear to have certain traits or tendancies that provide less of a cushion for a boneheaded owner. For that reason, I probably wouldn't be opposed to some sort of special licensing requirement or something along those lines. I've never really been around Pit Bulls before, so I admit I'm not speaking with a lot of experience on the topic.

I tend to like herding dogs such as border collies and heelers (smarter and no tendancy to kill children.)

#606369 - 08/05/07 03:07 PM Re: Pit Bulls
Anonymous
Unregistered

Discussions like these make me glad I have a toy dog. I don't need a big, nasty dog to show how tough I am. I'll gladly have the "rat dog" and homeowner's insurance. I'll take "your dog is like a cat" over "Jury awards the plaintiff $2.2 million dollars..." If it happens that someone busts into my home, the pug will let me know, and they're gonna have a lot more to deal with than some stupid-ass pit bull...plus I'm pretty sure I won't rip the neighbor kids' faces off any time soon.

As for T-Ray, well, what do you expect from a guy who stalks the border at night...armed to the teeth...looking for Mexican families to exterminate (on his blog)?

#606370 - 08/05/07 03:18 PM Re: Pit Bulls
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have no problem with 'Mexicans', just Illegals. There is a huge difference, so don't go throwing it out there as if I am a racist. I have a friend from Sudan who obtained his citizenship legally and a close friend born/raised in Mexico who also recently obtained his citizenship. Neither came here illegally or were ever here illegally. They work and pay taxes just like every other American.

Sharam, I thought you left and were never coming back anyway...?

Anyway, back to the dog debate. Whatever...to each their own. Just don't make ignorant comments like all of breed X should be shot on sight (Rinky) or that you got bit because it was a _______ breed. You get bit when you stick your HAND into a dog fight no matter what kind of dog it is...your wife (Auditor Kevin) should have gotten a stick or Mace or ANYTHING to put between her and the dogs...she IS a dumb shit in this case for putting her HAND in with the mix.

#606371 - 08/05/07 03:44 PM Re: Pit Bulls
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by T-Ray:
I have no problem with 'Mexicans', just Illegals. There is a huge difference, so don't go throwing it out there as if I am a racist.
I love it when racists think that by saying "I'm not racist", it's like "cootie protection" or "safety zone", it automatically makes it so.

Quote:
I thought you left and were never coming back anyway...?
I missed Madman's snuff-film lovin' ass. I needed to be reminded of his moral and intellectual superiority, as I was gettin' all chock full o' Jesus Love and self esteem. I need someone to look up to. Someone disgusting and hateful and gleefully pathological.

Quote:
Anyway, back to the dog debate. Whatever...to each their own. Just don't make ignorant comments like all of breed X should be shot on sight or that you got bit because it was a _______ breed. You get bit when you stick your HAND into a dog fight no matter what kind of dog it is...your wife should have gotten a stick or Mace...she IS a dumb shit for putting her HAND in with the mix.
I think the line has to be drawn somewhere, and that somewhere is with personal responsibility. The real kind, not this twisted new sense of personal responsibility you right wing socialitsts keep wanking off to.

I look at it like this: some people will say that no one should be able to own a .50 BMG. Some say that anyone should be able to own a .50 BMG. I say that it's not my decision, but if someone does own a .50 BMG, that it is their weapon, and their weapon is their primary responsibility. If the weapon is stolen, they must prove that they provided due diligence in the proper locking and storage of the weapon. If they cannot, they should be charged with improper use of a firearm, which should be a felony.

Same goes for a dog that is dangerous, or could potentially be dangerous. If you don't lock your dog up, or cannot contol the behavior of a potentially dangerous dog, if the dog bites someone, it should be your responsibility. You should go to jail for the improper handling of a dangerous dog, because you did not provide due diligence in the handling of a dangerous animal.

Unfortunately, people will always stand around and scratch their heads and say "Gee, my Presa Canario was always such a nice dog...I never thought she'd use her instinctive hunting skills to kill a toddler, so didn't bother with a leash. Oops, my bad." When people wake up and go, "Fuck, I could go to jail for ten to fifteen if Fluffy rips that kid's face off, maybe I ought to do whatever I can to prevent that from happening."

#606372 - 08/05/07 04:02 PM Re: Pit Bulls
Anonymous
Unregistered

I could not agree more on the responsibilty issue. That is why ALL dogs (in most municipalities) must be on a leash when out in public. There is no designation as to which breed must be on a leash, which tells me that the officials deem all dogs a potential danger. It is the ultimate responsibnilty on the owner always with any animal. My point is not that Pit Bulls are NOT dangerous, but that ALL dogs carry an inherent danger by their very nature. No single dog is born more dangerous than another. Pit bulls just get more bad press/attention, and are typically owned by BAD OWNERS to begin with! Some gangbanger goes and makes a schnauzer the popular breed and it starts attacking people that dog will get the same rep eventually.

The difference between guns and dogs is a mental capacity and instinct. Guns are no more dangerous than a hammer unless put to use by a human being. Dogs need not be forced to destroy, they can at any moment for any reason. ALL Dogs.

Explain a 'right-wing socialist' to me? I am not following that one...

#606373 - 08/05/07 04:26 PM Re: Pit Bulls
Anonymous
Unregistered

Was it not obvious that my post was just a foolish drivel aimed at livening up this thread a little? I guess not! lol.

For those attacking Kevins wifes actions. You're trying to tell me if another dog is attacking your beloved family pet you aren't going to try and step in? My crazy ass dog drives us insane, coughing and farting and just generally being a pain in the ass. But bet your ass if a Pitbull is ripping him to pieces I'm gonna try and save the poor little fucker. I sometimes have to save my dog from our cat tho, he's such a wuss.

As for my experience with Pit Bulls, I really don't have any - Other than my neighbours dog who used to jump into my yard. Who was a bit of a pussy really, it would dive back over the wall if I went out in the yard. My post was a complete bunch of bullshit, like I would shoot someones dog on sight. If I was gonna do that I would have shot my neighbours dumbass dog.

I grew up around German Shepherds, another dog that gets a bit of a bad rap sometimes for being a vicious breed. As with any dog, I truly believe that it's the owner to blame when dogs attack people. With that in mind, Pit Bulls often attract a certain type of owner - The kind of person who just owns the dog as a Status Symbol and doesn't train it, or make it part of the family. When a dog is treated that way and then escapes from the house, then it becomes a problem. There is a house right by the school near my old place, they have 2 pitbulls in their yard and the y run up and snarl / bark at the chain link fence and generally scare the crap out of me and anyone who walks by the yard. They may only be protecting their home, but I sure as hell woldn't want to be around if one of those fuckers got out.

#606374 - 08/05/07 04:28 PM Re: Pit Bulls
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Explain a 'right-wing socialist' to me? I am not following that one...
Republicans...Neoconservatives...whatever you want to call them. I call them "Right Wing Nationalist Socialists" because that's the best description of what they are. Big government pussy paranoiacs suckling off of Rush Limbaugh's left tit and Ann Coulter's left nut. JESUS WANTS FEDERALLY MANDATED PUBLIC EXECUTION types. Hang out in here for a while. They run in and out, stepping on their tongues and screaming out in retarded unison the anthems of media-induced fear and poorly feigned tough-guyisms.

"THE MEXICAN STOLED MY FREEDOMSES!!!"

#606375 - 08/05/07 07:19 PM Re: Pit Bulls
Anonymous
Unregistered

WoW!!! I will throw my two cents in here in a sec. Gotta go outside n wash my truck
[ThumbsUp] brb

#606376 - 08/05/07 09:47 PM Re: Pit Bulls
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well now that everyone has spoke their piece, I think that it is safe to say that it has become more of a pissing match and a race to see who can claim that they have a bigger unit than everyone else rather than a very informative disscussion on a breed of dog and how it is percieved by public.

We could go on for hours upon hours stating each others opinions on a certain dog, and no everyone is going to agree on it. I know that I have better things to do rather than argue amongst people about such a open ended subject. So you dont like the breed of dog I own....Then dont come over to my house. So you think that they are extremely dangerous?? Then go in your house, lock the doors and dont come out. There are so many things that you could do to prevent such an attack on you or your family.

The whole thing about the lady who stuck her hand into the middle of a dog fight, I didnt mean to come off rude, but you sort of have to snicker when you see an act of stupidty. She could have used some type of weapon to help with the situation (i.e. broom stick, bat, mace, etc.) Common sense will tell you that you dont use your hand to flip burgers on an open flame, YOU USE A PAIR OF TONGS, OR A SPATULA. The same goes for a dog fight.

You guys can go on and argue about who is right and who is wrong until your blue in the face, but you will never get the other person to agree with you in a debate like this.

#606377 - 08/05/07 10:12 PM Re: Pit Bulls
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Shahram:

Quote:
[b]Explain a 'right-wing socialist' to me? I am not following that one...
Republicans...Neoconservatives...whatever you want to call them. I call them "Right Wing Nationalist Socialists" because that's the best description of what they are. Big government pussy paranoiacs suckling off of Rush Limbaugh's left tit and Ann Coulter's left nut. JESUS WANTS FEDERALLY MANDATED PUBLIC EXECUTION types. Hang out in here for a while. They run in and out, stepping on their tongues and screaming out in retarded unison the anthems of media-induced fear and poorly feigned tough-guyisms.

"THE MEXICAN STOLED MY FREEDOMSES!!!"[/b]
Sometimes you do have witty and funny comments. You were even headed in that direction for a while in this thread.

But that statement above just put you into "loon" territory. Maybe even future "moonbat" territory. You're too deliberate to be a true moonbat or loon. Is it a Los Angeles thing? Maybe a Tehrangeles thing?

If you think socialists and big government pussies are Republicans, or even on the so-called extreme right that you claim to fear... that says a lot about you. It says a lot about either your ignorance or whatever propaganda you are trying to push. I'm hoping we won't see a return to your days of outright anti-Americanism.

It seems more than obvious that you don't understand nor have any respect for the rule of law in this country. Maybe that too is a Tehrangeles thing. I don't know. I'm not sure I want to know.

You have a lot of pent up hatred Shahram. This isn't the only place you show it either. Did the Toyota board get tired of you?

Do you think anyone cares about your line of bullshit that I am somehow a purveyor of snuff films? You can cry all you want about that bullshit and manufactured outrage, but it is getting you nowhere.

Come back to reality Shahram. If I wanted to be an individual who liked to post stuff like that on XOC on a regular basis, there is more than enough things like that provided by your brethren from the Middle East. Their anger seems similar to yours.

For some reason it seems like you have a serious dislike of me. I refrained from saying hate, because I don't hate you. We have our disagreements, but that doesn't mean we always have to be disagreeable.

I didn't even bust your balls after you ran off the forum and then came back.

Basically... this a thread about dogs. Let's not get carried away insinuating racism, National Socialism, and every other kind of bullshit you want to throw into the picture just because someone happens to dislike certain types of dogs.

Can't we all just get along?

#606378 - 08/05/07 10:44 PM Re: Pit Bulls
Anonymous
Unregistered

I feel you on that one NY wink

#606379 - 09/05/07 05:25 AM Re: Pit Bulls
Anonymous
Unregistered

Do you know how many breeds fall into "pit bull type dogs"? Lots...If you put boxer/ pit/ amstaff/ american bulldog/ cane corso/ presa canara next to each other, most people couldn't pick out the APBT. And they all get lumped into the "pit bull type" That's not a breed, it's a generalization of a group of similiar looking (completely different) dogs. get your knowledge right.

#606380 - 09/05/07 06:43 AM Re: Pit Bulls
great pyr-hauler Offline

Loc: Illinois
[QUOTE]Originally posted by T-Ray:
[QB]My point is not that Pit Bulls are NOT dangerous, but that ALL dogs carry an inherent danger by their very nature. No single dog is born more dangerous than another.

Huh? So my Great Pyrenees is not more dangerous then Shahram's Pug? If Shahram's pug snaps and goes on a rampage what kind of damage will he do? My dog can do more damage when he's playing then a pack of Pugs could do pissed off. Size and physical strength are a VERY important factor of a breed's danger. To think otherwise is idiotic in my opinion. All dogs may have the same chance of biting but that doesn't make them the same in terms of being dangerous.

No offence to your Pug Shahram, I've owned several Pug's and they are a great breed. smile

#606381 - 09/05/07 07:56 AM Re: Pit Bulls
Anonymous
Unregistered

Talk to any dog trainer or security dog trainer and they will tell you that 95% of dogs will NOT protect their home or owner from attack by an intruder, no matter how much they bark, growl, snarl when someone walk by the fence line or knocks at the door.

Rinky, I get it that you were trying to incite some fresh blood into the water here and I agree with you that the environment the dog is in makes all the difference...just like kids. No single dog is born 'bad', something happens along the way that triggers a response.

#606382 - 09/05/07 08:06 AM Re: Pit Bulls
Big Daddy Chia Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
Im more worried about my moms cocker spaniel biting some one then I am about most of my friends pit bulls.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal