2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 80 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#607110 - 29/04/03 04:08 AM iTunes4
xterrapin Offline

Loc: San Francisco
Has anyone used Apple's new, legal online MP3 service yet?
iTunes4.

#607111 - 29/04/03 05:04 AM Re: iTunes4
Samueul Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA. USA
No, but it seems like a good idea. I think 99cents a song might be slightly too high. Maybe .60cents a song??? Have you used it? How did it work? I hear the quality is very good etc....

#607112 - 29/04/03 06:10 AM Re: iTunes4
sdx Offline

Loc: Boston
Quote:
Originally posted by Samueul:
No, but it seems like a good idea. I think 99cents a song might be slightly too high. Maybe .60cents a song??? Have you used it? How did it work? I hear the quality is very good etc....
How do you figure? I'm guessing at some point in your life you paid for a CD. Well at $.99, you get 15 songs for about the same price, only difference is that they will ALL be good, because you choose them. I think $.99/song is a great price, and if i actually owned a mac, i would buy them!
laugh

#607113 - 29/04/03 07:22 AM Re: iTunes4
superjens Offline

Loc: North Vancouver
I agree, $.99 is fine by me, any more and I wouldn't go near it. I'll buy anything for a dollar.

#607114 - 29/04/03 07:31 AM Re: iTunes4
ashleynatlanta Offline

Loc: Birmingham, AL
Well, I read about this and it seems like a good plan. But as long as people can get something for free, then why will they pay for it?

Hmmmmm... maybe the answer lies in the prostitution business.....

Anyway, I think the price is okay, if a bit high. I figured there was some kind of sign-up fee or something that would lock in profits for Apple. Is there one?

#607115 - 29/04/03 07:35 AM Re: iTunes4
superjens Offline

Loc: North Vancouver
Quote:
Well, I read about this and it seems like a good plan. But as long as people can get something for free, then why will they pay for it?
I hear you, but at the same time I think I'll like the idea of getting to listen to those 30 second samples to see if I like the tune, then being able to download it from one source and get a high quality, complete song, sounds good to me. Kazaa and the others bug me, sometimes the songs are chopped, have blips in 'em, whatever. If the have the site organized by genre, types, etc, it'll be nice to hear stuff I might not otherwise come across.

#607116 - 29/04/03 12:40 PM Re: iTunes4
number41 Offline

Loc: Tucson, AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by superjens:
I hear you, but at the same time I think I'll like the idea of getting to listen to those 30 second samples to see if I like the tune, then being able to download it from one source and get a high quality, complete song, sounds good to me. Kazaa and the others bug me, sometimes the songs are chopped, have blips in 'em, whatever. If the have the site organized by genre, types, etc, it'll be nice to hear stuff I might not otherwise come across.
I'm with you on that point, nothing bugs me more than having to redownload something because some jackass is talking in the middle of the song. You can even get whole albums for 10 bucks. Now they just need to open things up to us winblows users.

smile

Small hands in third world countries make quality products.

#607117 - 29/04/03 12:57 PM Re: iTunes4
Andre the Giant Offline

Loc: Cape Girardeau, MO
Hooray hooray!!! Something that's cool, that's available for us Macheads but not yet available for Winheads!!! Its about fucking time!

It sounds like a great idea to me. I eh... er... share songs over the internet, but for the music that I want to listen to over and over again, I'd pay .99. Especially if it's a nice clean authorized copy of the music. I hope this thing catches on.

#607118 - 29/04/03 01:03 PM Re: iTunes4
karmapitbull Offline

Loc: Charm City, MD
iTunes 4... great.

My co-worker bought a full album this morning. Damn cool.

If anyone is usin it.... IM me... I'm still trying to find someone to try sharing with other than someone on the same network....

- kp

AIM: ax2graphics
YIM: ax2graphics

#607119 - 29/04/03 01:06 PM Re: iTunes4
Claus Offline

fuckers, I just bought my 5GB IPOD and now they come out with a new version. Oh well the one I scooped was a Demo and I bleed $299 Canadian for it including the firewire card. i would advise the folks who are thinking of getting an IPOD to try and scoop an old model cheap...

So I gatehr the .99cents is in US green!. that would make it expensive as I right now download about 100 songs a week. Theft?. perhaps but I look at the 3 huge boxes of Cd's I have in storage (628 in total) and figure I supported the music industry enough to get a freebee..

#607120 - 29/04/03 09:09 PM Re: iTunes4
DocNo Offline

Loc: NoVA
Cool!

I've been thinking of replacing my Personal Juke Box with an iPod - I can put a 60 gig drive in my PJB, and I have way more that 60 GB of MP3's...

Still bummed that the iPod is "only" 30 gig, but if it is even smaller than the original then I will be MORE than happy - I'm anxious to stop by the Apple Store in Tysons and check it out.

And the new iTunes sounds cool - but I have an extensive CD collection and have long given up on downloading crap MP3's from the Internet. However, for new aquisitions, I will be watching the per song download - I believe the future of music buying is arriving.

#607121 - 30/04/03 05:00 AM Re: iTunes4
Y02X Offline

Loc: Michigan...Land of humidity, H...
Why buy? I've got Acquisition.

#607122 - 30/04/03 05:39 AM Re: iTunes4
sdx Offline

Loc: Boston
Quote:
Originally posted by Y02X:
Why buy? I've got Acquisition.
Because we are finally getting a way out from piracy, which I hope you understand is illegal, to purchase songs that we want and have them all be great quality.

Quote:
Originally posted by DocNo:
I believe the future of music buying is arriving.
I think it is starting, still a long way to go....

I am waiting for a big time artist to stop using the CD method and just release his next albulm on the web. hopefully he/she/they can generate enough profit to justify the new method....

who knows though....

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal