shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#61078 - 10/11/05 05:51 PM 'NISSAN' emblem
Anonymous
Unregistered

I want to make my rear 'nissan' emblem black or black-ish. I saw the emblem on courtesyparts.com but its $52. thats pretty expensive for an emblem. but it is very nice.
black chrome emblem

If i was to spray paint my nissan emblem black and maybe finish it with a coat of lacquer, how would i get the black paint to stay on evenly onto the chrome polished stock emblem?

#61079 - 10/11/05 05:55 PM Re: 'NISSAN' emblem
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, first of all, don't use laquer. It will melt the plastic. The emblem is plastic. You could sand down and rough up the chrome on the plastic and paint it with a gloss paint. For rattle cans, I like Krylon. The stuff goes on well, tends not to run, and the overspray melts right in. laugh

#61080 - 10/11/05 10:26 PM Re: 'NISSAN' emblem
Anonymous
Unregistered

yeah, they have nice black metallic spray paint.......i did it on my last car and it came out pretty good..........

#61081 - 11/11/05 11:26 PM Re: 'NISSAN' emblem
Anonymous
Unregistered

eek $52? wow thats um... ouch
I think the spray paint would work.

#61082 - 11/11/05 11:35 PM Re: 'NISSAN' emblem
Anonymous
Unregistered

yea, but you'd probably have to get new adhesive for the emblem, too. that will probably be a huge hassle.

#61083 - 12/11/05 11:08 PM Re: 'NISSAN' emblem
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by eli:
yea, but you'd probably have to get new adhesive for the emblem, too. that will probably be a huge hassle.
epoxy or high strength double side tape

#61084 - 13/11/05 12:39 AM Re: 'NISSAN' emblem
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'd give some of that spray running light tint a shot. It's called "Night Shades" bout 4 bucks a can.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal