2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 63 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#609 - 07/11/05 07:47 AM Looking to buy
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have loved these things ever since they came out. Now the used ones are coming available and they're affordable. I'm looking at a 2001 with 61,000 mi on it. The previous owner had serviced it and taken real good care of it. Are there any major problems that should detour me from buying it? I have a bastard car already and don't need anything else. Thanks for all the help smile

#610 - 07/11/05 08:23 AM Re: Looking to buy
Anonymous
Unregistered

hey, welcome to XOC! [Wave]

i have a 2001 Xterra, 4x4 SE that i bought last november, only thing that had to be done was the manifold had a crack (warrenty) fuel sending unit (recall)and a loose heatshield that rattled (warrenty), other than that i have not had a single issue with this truck, other than the ones i caused laugh i've taken it to PA from MA for ECXC, and all over new england and parts of NY to go wheel, its great to have such an awesome and reliable truck

#611 - 07/11/05 08:28 AM Re: Looking to buy
Anonymous
Unregistered

Make sure that all warranty and recall related issues have been performed before taking delivery. Find a garage that will do an inspection on it. It's called a pre purchase inspection. It usually costs up to about $60. They will look at the vehicle from top to bottom and let you know of any possible problems that are existant now and what might come up in the future. That can help you with buying it.

Also make sure that it is 4wd because later on you might wish that you did. Trust me I hated having my last 2wd X for the 2 years that I had it. laugh

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal